Ami Onuki is a Japanese singer and musician who is a part of the Japanese pop-rock duo, Puffy AmiYumi. She rose to fame after the release of Asia no Junshin in May 1996. Ami has a huge fanbase and has garnered more than 300k followers on Instagram. She is amongst the most famous artists of J-Pop.
She has co-hosted several Japanese TV shows with the “cool” half of PUFFY, Yumi Yoshimura, including the talk show Pa-Pa-Pa-Pa-Puffy, part of a morning show called Saku-Saku, and the 2006 series Hi Hi Puffy Bu, in which Ami and Yumi perform one given task each week to comedic effect.
J-pop, Pop Rock, Pop Punk
Vocals, Guitar, Drum, Trumpet, Harmonica
- Epic (1996-2005)
- Ki/oon Music (2005-2013)
- Warner Music Japan (2015-Present)
- Bar/None, Tofu Records (U.S.)
Singer, Musician, Songwriter
Birthday / Date of Birth
Ami Onuki was born on September 18, 1973 in Machida, Tokyo, Japan.
He’s currently 45 years old.
The information about her education is not known.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ami has dated –
- Teruhiko Kobashi (2002-Present) – Teruhiko Kobashi who is better known by his stage name ‘Teru’, is the vocalist of the rock band Glay. He married Ami Onuki on April 28, 2002. Later, Ami announced the birth of their daughter in March 2003. Despite the rumors of separation and divorce, the couple has been together ever since they married and Ami has often been spotted with her wedding ring on her finger debasing all the rumors.
- In feet – 5 feet 1¾ inches
- In centimeters – 157 cm
- In meters – 1.57 m
- In Kilograms – 48 kg
- In Pounds – 106 lbs
He wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Ami’s debut album was AmiYumi which was released on July 22, 1996. It was also the debut album of her band Puffy AmiYumi.
Ami made her theatrical film debut in the movie Copycat Killer (Mohou-han) in 2002.
She made her TV show debut in 2005, with the famous TV series Jimmy Kimmel Live!
- Being one of the two members of the Japanese pop-rock duo, Puffy AmiYumi
- Her character in the Japanese-American animated action-fantasy-comedy cartoon series Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi, which premiered on the United States’ Cartoon Network on November 19, 2004
Ami uses her Instagram account to endorse various brands by strategically placing them in her uploads.
- Short Stature
- Forehead bangs
Ami Onuki Favorites
- Favorite Pastime – Drawing
- Favorite Accessory – Rings
- Favorite Color – Green & Brown
- Favorite Water Sport – Surfing
- Favorite School Subject – Art
Ami Onuki Net Worth
Ami Onuki has an estimated net worth of $5 million dollars.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – ami_onuki
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ami Onuki
- When she was in high school, she used to sing for the band Hanoi S*x, which later successfully auditioned in the Sony SD Audition. Eventually, the band broke up and only Ami was left with Sony Music.
- Ami suffers from asthma.
- She has hosted Japanese shows like Hi Hi Puffy Bu and Pa-Pa-Pa-Pa-Puffy with Yumi Yoshimura.
- Ami writes as well as sing for her band.
- On the cartoon series, Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi, Ami is voiced by Japanese-American actress Janice Kawaye.
- Ami also did a cameo voice over in an episode of a Japanese josei manga series, Usagi Drop, in 2011.
- Ami is left-handed and performs bunny-hops after a concert.
- Visit Ami on the official website of her band, Puffy AmiYumi @ puffyamiyumi.com.