Poppy is an American singer, songwriter, composer, actress, dancer and YouTuber. She moved to Los Angeles in 2013 to pursue a musical career, where she signed with Island Records and in 2016 released her debut extended play, Bubble Bath, as That Poppy. In late 2016, Poppy became the face of Sanrio’s “Hello Sanrio” collection. In the summer of 2017, she signed to Mad Decent and in October released her first studio album, Poppy. Computer. Poppy’s second studio album, Am I a Girl?, was released on October 31, 2018.
Moriah Rose Pereira
That Poppy, Poppy Chain
Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Dancer, YouTuber
Electropop, Synth-pop, Ambient, J-pop
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Electronic Organ
Geffen, I’m Poppy, Mad Decent, Island Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Poppy was born on January 01, 1995 in Boston, Massachusetts, United States.
She’s currently 24 years old.
Information about her formal education isn’t available.
- Father – Her father used to be a drummer in an unidentified band.
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Poppy is managed by Nick Groff of Geffen Records.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Poppy has dated –
Poppy has opted to keep her personal life away from the prying eyes of the mainstream media, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about her love life and dating history.
- In feet – 5 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 160 cm
- In meters – 1.6 m
- In Kilograms – 46 kg
- In Pounds – 102 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She often tends to dye her hair ‘platinum blonde’.
He wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Her regular appearances in the popular comedy web series, Chaos Wolves. The popularity of her official YouTube channel. Her videos have attracted more than 300 million views.The viral success of her song, Lowlife. The music video of the single has managed to gain more than 40 million views.
In October 2017, she released her debut studio album, Poppy.Computer. She went on a 40-city tour to promote her new album.
Liam Payne along with other member of the boy band One Direction starred in the British American 3-D concert film One Direction: This Is Us (1D3D) in 2013.
In 2015, she made her first television show appearance in Jessie. However, her appearance wasn’t credited. In 2017, Poppy made her first credited TV show appearance as herself on the popular talk show, The Late Late Show with James Corden.
In 2016, she was signed up by the Japanese brand, Sanrio as a brand ambassador. She was made the face of the Hello Sanrio collection. She has also been hired to do endorsement work for the footwear giant Steve Madden.
Awards & Nominations
|2016||19 Under 19 Awards||Most Influential Song||“Lowlife”||Nominated|
|2017||Streamy Awards||Breakthrough Artist||Herself||Won|
|WOWie Awards||Best YouTube Channel||Nominated|
|Unicorn Awards||Iconic Moment of the Year||Won|
|Song of the Year||“Computer Boy”||Nominated|
|2018||Shorty Awards||Best in Weird||Herself||Won|
- Favorite Star Wars Character – R2-D2
- Favorite Sanrio Character – Badtz-Maru
- Favorite Color – Purple
Poppy Net worth
Poppy’s net worth is estimated at 550 thousand dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Poppy
- She often incorporates Illuminati and satanic symbolism in her videos, music, and other works, which has often led to claims that she is a cult leader.
- Her passionate and ardent fans identify themselves as “Poppy Seeds”.
- Nick Groff decided to represent her after someone at his former employer Island Records sent him links to her videos. He was confused with her videos but he realized that he was drawn to these videos and was binge watching before he realized.
- While growing up, it was her dream to join the iconic dance company The Rockettes. She even took dance training for 11 years.
- While studying in a school in Boston, she was often bullied for being shy and quiet. She eventually found that music was a perfect escape for her.
- At the age of 15, she decided to move to Los Angeles to pursue a career in the entertainment industry.
- She has been a vocal supporter of the LGBTQ cause.
- She has established her own record label, I’m Poppy, which has served as the co-producer for her music.
- In the summer of 2017, she published her book, which was titled as The Gospel of Poppy. It is a parody of sorts of Bible and contains her prayers and transcripts of some of her YouTube videos.
- In 2019, Poppy revealed plans for a movie and her own music streaming service.
- Visit her official website @ impoppy.com.