Dwayne Johnson also known by his ring name The Rock is an American actor, producer and semi retired professional wrestler and considered to be one of the greatest professional wrestlers of all-time. Johnson began training as a professional wrestler in the summer of 1995, after being cut from the Calgary Stampeders of the Canadian Football League (CFL).
Dwayne Douglas Johnson
The Rock, Flex Kavana, Rocky Maivia, The People’s Champion, The Brahma Bull, The Great One, The Corporate Champion
Retired Professional Wrestler, Actor
Birthday / Date of Birth
The Rock was born on May 02, 1972 in Hayward, California, United States.
He’s currently 46 years old.
Johnson’s mother is of Samoan heritage while his father has Canadian ancestry.
Dwayne attended Richmond Road Primary School in Auckland, New Zealand. After that, he returned to U.S. with his parents and finished 10th grade from President William McKinley High School in Honolulu, Hawaii. Johnson also went to the University of Miami to earn a degree in criminology.
- Father – Rocky Johnson (Professional wrestler)
- Mother – Ata Johnson (née Maivia)
- Siblings – Curtis Bowles (Brother), Wanda Bowles (Sister)
- Others – Peter Maivia (Maternal Grandfather) (Wrestler), Lia Maivia (Maternal Grandmother) (Wrestling’s female professional promoter)
Dwayne’s managers include, Debra, Vince McMahon & Shane McMahon.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dwayne has dated –
- Dany Garcia (1996-2007) – The wrestler met American businesswoman, Dany nearing May 1996 in the University of Miami and soon started dating her. He married her on May 3, 1997 (a day after Johnson’s birthday).The couple has a daughter together named, Simone Alexandra (b. August 14, 2001). They separated in a friendly manner on June 1, 2007. Their divorce was finalized in May 2008. He had revealed that he would like to spend the rest of his life with his ex-wife, Dany as friends.
- Lauren Hashian (2007-Present) – The Rock then started dating singer Lauren Hashian in 2007. They had first met during the filming of The Game Plan in 2006. He then spent holidays in Hawaii with the singer Lauren Hashian. The couple welcomed their first daughter named, Jasmine on December 16, 2015. The couple had another child, a daughter named, Tiana Gia Johnson on April 17, 2018.
- In feet – 6 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 193 cm
- In meters – 1.93 m
- In Kilograms – 119 kg
- In Pounds – 262 lbs
- Chest – 50 inches
- Waist – 35 inches
- Arms / Biceps – 19 inches
- Legs / Thighs – 31 inches
He wears a size 14 (US) shoe.
Working for WWE as a wrestler. He is known as one of the professional wrestlers of all time.
He co-starred in the 1999 102 minutes long documentary film, Beyond the Mat as himself. The movie features the lives of professional wrestlers outside the ring.
Johnson guest appeared in American television period sitcom, That ’70s Show for his role as Rocky Johnson in the episode no. 15 of season 1 titled “That Wrestling Show”.
The Dwayne Johnson Rock Foundation
- Finishing Moves
- People’s Elbow / Corporate Elbow
- Rock Bottom
- Running shoulder breaker
- Sharpshooter (adopted from Bret Hart)
- Signature Moves
- Float-over DDT
- Flowing snap DDT, sometimes followed by a kip-up
- Running swinging neck breaker
- Running thrust lariat
- Samoan drop
- Jumping clothesline
- Snap overhead belly-to-belly suplex, sometimes to an oncoming opponent
- Spinebuster, usually followed by a People’s Elbow
Dwayne Johnson Favorites
- Favorite Food – Donuts, pizza
- Favorite Color – Purple
Dwayne Johnson Net worth
Dwayne Johnson has an estimated net worth of $225 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Dwayne The Rock Johnson
- Instagram – therock
- Twitter – Dwayne Johnson
- YouTube Channel – The Rock
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dwayne Johnson
- He did his wrestling debut in 1996.
- He had lived briefly in New Zealand with his mom and her mom’s family. But, finally moved to the United States.
- He had opened a charity for at-risk ill children called “The Dwayne Johnson Rock Foundation” in 2006.
- Dwayne also donated $1 million to the University of Miami so that they can improve their football facilities.
- He was on the college football team.
- “The Game Plan” (2007) was the last movie to use his ring name “The Rock”.
- While filming the 2004 movie “Walking Tall”, Dwayne actually (but accidentally) smashed the rear lights of a Porsche car.
- The Rock won his first WWF belt in 1997 and he was the youngest wrestler to do so at the time at just 24.
- Dwayne’s cousin Tanoai Reed has served as a stunt double for Johnson in many of his movies.