Kate Beckinsale is an English actress. After some minor television roles, she made her film debut in Much Ado About Nothing while still a student at the University of Oxford. She appeared in British costume dramas such as Prince of Jutland, Cold Comfort Farm, Emma and The Golden Bowl, in addition to various stage and radio productions.
Kathrin Romary Beckinsale
Birthday / Date of Birth
Kate Beckinsale was born on the July 26, 1973, in Finsbury Park, London, England.
She is currently 45 years old.
Beckinsale attended Godolphin and Latymer School in Hammersmith, West London. Post that, she enrolled herself into New College, Oxford, but dropped out to focus properly on her acting career.
- Father – Richard Beckinsale (Actor) (Died of heart attack at 31)
- Mother – Judy Loe (Actress)
- Siblings – Samantha Beckinsale (Paternal Half-Sister) (Actress)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kate Beckinsale has dated –
- Edmund Moriarty (1992-1993) – From 1992 to 1993, Kate dated Edmund Moriarty.
- Michael Sheen (1995-2003) – Welsh actor Michael Sheen had a pretty long dating relationship with Beckinsale. They were an item from 1995 to 2003. They met for the first time when they were cast in the touring production of The Seagull in early 1995. She revealed later that she had love at first sight. During this time, she also gave birth to their first child, a daughter named, Lily Mo Sheen (b. January 31, 1999) in London. During this 8 year period, Michael never proposed to her.
- Len Wiseman (2003-2015) – Kate ended her relationship with Michael Sheen after she fell in love with filmmaker Len Wiseman. Kate tried to approach Len so as to cast Sheen in his film in 2003, but instead, she fell in love with Wiseman. They announced their engagement in June 2003. The couple married on May 9, 2004, at the Hotel Bel-Air in California. At that time, she was already living with Len and her daughter Lily in Brentwood, LA. They called it quits in November 2015.
- Matt Rife (2017, 2018) – In June 2017, Kate started dating TV personality, and comedian from Ohio. He is approx 22 years her junior. They called it quits towards the end of the year. Later, in September 2018, she was again seen with Matt going to Peppermint Night Club.
- Jack Whitehall (2018-Present) – Comedian Jack Whitehall and Kate were seen together getting cozy at Blind Dragon nightclub in November 2018 which sparked dating rumors. They were also seen spending time at the Craig’s in West Hollywood earlier during that day.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.7 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 34-23-34
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 23 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32C
She wears a size 9 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Appearing in films like Pearl Harbor (2001), Underworld (2003), The Aviator (2004) and Van Helsing (2004).
Kate played the role as hero in the 1993 British/American romantic comedy film Much Ado About Nothing.
In 1991, Kate guest appeared on the television show Devices and Desires for her role as young Alice Mair in an episode number 2 of the first season.
She has appeared in several television commercials such as Gap television advert in 2002, Diet Coke advert in 2004, Lux shampoo in a Japanese TV commercial. Later, in 2009, she was involved in an Absolut Vodka print campaign.
Awards & Nominations
|1997||Sitges – Catalan International Film Festival||Best Actress||Shooting Fish||Won|
|1999||London Critics Circle||British Supporting Actress of the Year||The Last Days of Disco||Won|
|2002||MTV Movie Awards||Best Performance – Female||Pearl Harbor||Nominated|
|Saturn Awards||Best Actress||Serendipity||Nominated|
|2005||Screen Actors Guild||Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture||The Aviator||Nominated|
|2006||MTV Movie Awards||Best Hero||Underworld: Evolution||Nominated|
|People’s Choice Awards||Favorite Female Action Star||Nominated|
|2008||Broadcast Film Critics Association||Best Actress||Nothing But the Truth||Nominated|
|2012||Spike Guys’ Choice Awards||Jean-Claude Gahd Dam||Underworld: Awakening||Won|
|2016||Gotham Awards||Best Actress||Love & Friendship||Nominated|
|Critics Choice Awards||Best Actress in a Comedy||Nominated|
|2017||London Critics Circle||London Film Critics’ Circle Award for Actress of the Year||Nominated|
|London Film Critics Circle Award for British Actress of the Year||Won|
Kate Beckinsale Favorites
- Favorite Hotel – Sanderson Hotel, London
- Favorite Public Landmark – Natural History Museum in London
- Favorite Designer – Simone Rocha and Chanel
- Favorite Perfume – Le Labo Santal 33
- Favorite Jeans – Levi’s
Kate Beckinsale Net worth
Kate Beckinsale net worth is estimated to be $16 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Kate Beckinsale
- Instagram – katebeckinsale
- Twitter – Kate Beckinsale
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kate Beckinsale
- She had studied Russian and French literature during her time in New College, Oxford.
- Her father died of a heart attack when Kate was just 5 years old.
- She suffered from anorexia when she was 15 years old.
- In 1997, she also debuted on the radio. She voiced the role of Juliet in the play Romeo and Juliet, aired in 1997.
- In 2002, she was named Hello magazine’s “England’s Number One Beauty”.
- She once lost the role of Clementine Kruczynski to play in the 2004 movie Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind to Kate Winslet only due to her size.
- In 2007, she appeared alongside David Schwimmer in the sixth of the Writers Guild Of America member conceived Internet videos for Project “Speechless”, in support of the WGA labour strike against the Alliance Of Motion Picture & Television Producers.
- In 2008, she hosted the 4th Annual Pink Party to raise funds for the Women’s Cancer Research Institute at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and organised a screening of All About Eve for FilmAid International.
- In 2008, Kate was ranked at #41 in People magazine’s 100 Most Beautiful People list.
- She is also named as Esquire’s Sexiest Woman Alive in 2009.
- In 2012, she appeared alongside Judy Greer and Andrea Savage in the Funny or Die video “Republicans, Get in My Vagina”, a satire of the Republican Party’s policies concerning abortion and pre-natal care.
- In 2012, Beckinsale joined Nestlé’s Share the Joy of Reading Program to raise awareness about the importance of people’s literacy.
- Kate Beckinsale is Maxim‘s 12th Sexiest Woman of 2013.