Julia Michaels is an American singer and songwriter. She began her career as a pop music songwriter, penning tracks that have been given to Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, Fifth Harmony, Shawn Mendes, Britney Spears, Justin Bieber, Hailee Steinfeld and Gwen Stefani. Michaels released her debut solo single with Republic Records in 2017: “Issues”, which peaked at #11 on the Billboard Hot 100 in the United States, was certified triple-platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America and garnered her Grammy Award nominations for Song of the Year and Best New Artist.
Julia Carin Cavazos
Pop, Dance, EDM
Vocals, Piano, Guitar
Birthday / Date of Birth
Julia was born on 13 November 1993, in Davenport, Iowa, United States.
She is currently 25 years old.
Julia is of Mexican, Spanish and some indigenous tribe on father’s side, whereas, has Dutch, English, French, German, Northern Irish and Scottish ancestry on mother’s side.
Due to her early introduction to the music industry, she didn’t have the time for school education, so was homeschooled. However, she did attend a charter school to get extra help for her studies.
- Father – Juan Manuel John Cavazos
- Mother – Julie Doreen
- Siblings – Jaden Michaels (Older Sister)
- Relatives – Rolando Alejandro Cavazos Carmona (Paternal Grandfather), Ofelia García (Paternal Grandmother), Arthur Thomas Scriven Jr. (Maternal Grandfather), Juanita Sue (Maternal Grandmother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
In an interview, Michaels told that her debut single, Issues was inspired from her boyfriend, however, she refused to reveal his identity.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 55 kg
- In Pounds – 121 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Having collaborated with leading celebrities such as Demi Lovato, Gwen Stefani, Justin Bieber and Ed Sheeran. The popularity and critical acclaim received by her debut single, Issues.
Her debut single, Issues was released in January 2017. She released her second EP named Futuristic in April 2012.
She didn’t have any of her theatrical release yet.
In 2012, she made her first TV show appearance in the series Shameless as a performer.
She hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand.
Julia Michaels Net worth
Julia Michaels net worth is estimated to be $6 million as of 2019. She has associated with many songwriters and artists including Demi Lovato, Fifth Harmony, Selena Gomez, Nicole Scherzinger, Hailee Steinfeld, Justin Bieber, Kelly Clarkson, Little Mix, Nick Jonas, Rita Ora, Zedd, Britney Spears, Gwen Stefani, John Legend, Linkin Park, Ed Sheeran, Zara Larsson, and Lea Michele among others.
Social Media Portfolio
- Facebook – Julia Michaels
- Instagram – imjmichaels
- Twitter – Julia Michaels
Some Lesser Known Facts About Julia Michaels
- Her mother bought her a baby piano when she was 11 years old by pawning her diamond ring.
- Michaels intended to become a poet. After realizing the impact of music on individual lives, she started changing her poetry into songs.
- Julia Michaels has got inked on numerous occasions. She has a treble clef on one of the knuckles; a microphone, a piano and quill on her arms and a typewriter on her right bicep.
- She performed with musician Kygo at the closing ceremony of the 2016 Rio Olympics.
- Her single Issues reached #23 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and also reached the Top 10 in Australia, Denmark, Norway, and the UK.