Jonathan Scott is a talented Canadian TV star, licensed contractor, illusionist, film producer, singer and entrepreneur. He is noted to be the twin brother of the popularly known Drew Scott. Jonathan has contributed to the release of several publications, songs, TV shows, and is also a magician. He also runs his very own furniture line called Scott Living. As a producer, he has created many shows such as the Property Brothers, Brother vs. Brother, DIY Insider(2015), and HGTV Insider (2015).
John Ian Scott
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jonathan Scott was born on April 28, 1978 in Vancouver, Canada
He is currently 40 years old.
Jonathan has released his music through his own label Sb Publications.
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
He is of Scottish descent.
- Jonathan studied at the Thomas Haney Secondary School. He also attended classes at the Parks and Recreation Department. Later, he started studying at the University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, where he began studying business management.
- He later got a transfer to the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology where he studied construction and design and then attended the Home Builders Institute of Alberta to become a licensed contractor.
- He also attended the Company of Rogues Actors’ Studio in Calgary, Alberta. Jonathan also trained himself with the Tarbell Course in Magic and learned the acts of illusionists, David Wilson and Shawn Farquhar, carefully.
- Father – James Scott (Actor, Stuntman, Assistant Director)
- Mother – Joanne Scott (Paralegal)
- Siblings – Drew Scott (Identical Twin Younger Brother) (TV Actor, Producer, Realtor, Entrepreneur, Singer, Author, and Host), JD Scott (Older Brother) (Host, Entrepreneur)
Jonathan is represented by Scott Brothers Entertainment.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jonathan has dated –
- Kelsy Ully (2007-2013) – On July 7, 2007, Jonathan got married to WestJet crew’s Kelsy who started working at a day club and also modeled after they moved to Las Vegas in 2008. However, it wasn’t long before tensions started to rise in between the two, after which she removed him from her relationship status on Facebook. Later, in 2013, the couple parted ways and the incident took a toll on Jonathan.
- Jacinta Kuznetsov (2015-2018) – Development Producer Jacinta Kuznetsov and Jonathan started dating after they met in the fall of 2015. The couple lived together along with his brother Drew and wife Linda Phan in Las Vegas. However, after Drew and Linda moved to Los Angeles, Jonathan and Jacinta did not last very long and ended their relationship in 2018. According to Jonathan’s family, the two were good people but just not right for each other.
- In feet – 6 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 195 cm
- In meters – 1.95 m
- In Kilograms – 92 kg
- In Pounds -203 lbs
Dark Brown (Natural)
Best Known For
- Co-writing 2 books It Takes Two: Our Story (2017) and their The New York Timesbestselling book Dream Home: The Property Brothers’ Ultimate Guide to Finding & Fixing Your Perfect House (2016)
- Co-Producing and co-hosting the show Property Brothers and Brother vs. Brother
- Starring as a co-anchor on the news talk-show Today
As a Singer
- Jonathan has contributed his voice to the release of two country songs Hold On (2016) and Let the Night Shine In (2015).
- He and his brother also released several other singles including You Chose Me (2018) and My House (2017).
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut as the Blue Beret in The X-Files in 1994.
- Crooked Smile
- Tall height
He has appeared in the commercial for several brands such as –
- Molson Canadian which was featured during the Grey Cup
- Tide-Oxi (2014)
- Chase (2017)
- PSA for “World Vision” titled Child Labor
- Dish Network
- HGTV commercial for “Insider Secrets”
- XFinity X1
Jonathan Scott Awards
After being nominated in 2011, the twins won the 2012 Leo Award for Best Host(s) in an Information or Lifestyle Series for Property Brothers. In 2012, they were nominated for a Rose d’Or award in the lifestyle show category. Property Brothers was nominated for Outstanding Structured Reality Program at the 2015 Emmy Awards.
Jonathan Scott Favorite
- Favorite Holiday – Christmas, Halloween
- Favorite Family Tradition – Family game nights
- Favorite Dish – Haggis
- Favorite Snack – Hawkins Cheezies
Jonathan Scott Net Worth
His net worth was estimated at a combined total of $20 million dollars in 2018.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Jonathan Scott
- Instagram – mrsilverscott
- Twitter – Jonathan Scott
- YouTube Channel – Scott Brothers Entertainment, The Scott Brothers
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jonathan Scott
- Jonathan moved to Alberta when he was 14 years old, but due to his dropping grades, his parents brought him back to Maple Ridge to complete his schooling. Later, he moved to Calgary to attend college.
- In the past, he was given the post of an executive board member for the Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television, and Radio Artists.
- In 2002, he co-founded the independent film production company Dividian Production Group. However, in 2010, they changed its name to Scott Brothers Entertainment.
- Jonathan and Drew are both identical twins and not fraternal twins.
- Jonathan is an inch taller than his brother Drew.
- Before he and his brother Drew were born, their mother had no idea that she was going to have twins and their heartbeats were beating in sync.
- He was 7 years old when he co-started his first business called JAM Enterprises. Later, their nylon-coated hangers were sold at an American store in Japan. JAM stood for “Jon, Andrew, and Mom”.
- Jonathan was not born into a wealthy family. However, his hard work paid off.
- He is fond of keeping dogs that are small in size and has 2 two of his own named Gracie and Stewie.
- In 2015, he co-founded Scott Living and began selling his home decor products on QVC. In 2016, their brand was estimated at around $100 million.
- As a teenager, his father James wanted to be a cowboy and followed by that passion, he shifted to Canada in order to settle down as one.
- In the past, he became part of the Academy of Magical Arts, the Vancouver Magic Circle, and the International Brotherhood of Magicians. At the age of 16, he held the “3rd Best Stage Performer” title during the Pacific Coast Association of Magicians competition.
- Jonathan and his brother bought their first house at the age of 18 with a down payment of $250. A year later, they sold the house for a profit of $50,000.
- In the past, he was asked to star on The Bachelor, but he refused the offer.
- Jonathan attained a 2nd-degree black belt in Shotokan karate and has won 13 times at the Canadian Karate Championship and 9 times at the BC Martial Arts championship.
- Growing up, Jonathan competed as a bagpiper and had won many medals for it.
- Jonathan is also a talented sketch comedian.
- He was 3 years old when he started riding horses.
- Jonathan’s celebrity crush is actress Christina Applegate and Tyra Banks. He also had posters of the 2 actresses hidden behind his wardrobe door.
- In 2011, he and twin brother Drew Scott featured on the “Hottest Bachelor” list by ET Canada.
- In 2013, he and his brothers co-founded a radio show called Off Topic with the Scott Brothers that was featured on Canada’s Corus Entertainment.
- He is a passionate medieval weapons collector.
- In 2014, he was included in People‘s list of “Men of the Year”.
- In 2015, Jonathan co-hosted a carnival cruise called Sailing With The Scotts. They traveled to Miami, Cozumel, and Key West.
- At the age of 12, Jonathan attended American magician David Copperfield’s performance in Vancouver and since then, he has been inspired by his incredible skills.
- In school, Jonathan was on the basketball and volleyball team. He also led the student government as well as the graduation committee.
- Jonathan also helps raise money for charities and assists with the poor and needy by performing magic tricks.
- In the past, he and Drew joined former First Lady Michelle Obama on Let’s Read Let’s Move‘s 5th annual campaign.
- In 2016, he was seen getting into a squabble at a bar in Fargo, North Dakota during their closing time and was held by the bouncers at the bar until the police came.
- He also used to upload vine videos alongside his brother Drew and worked with several other viners such as BrittleStar, NeatDude, and Gregor Reynolds.
- Visit his official website @ drewandjonathan.com.