Joey Badass is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer and actor. He is a founding member of the hip-hop collective Pro Era, with whom he has released three mixtapes, as well as his numerous solo projects. Joey Badass released his debut mixtape, 1999, on June 12, 2012, to critical acclaim and recognition, followed by Rejex in September and Summer Knights on July 1, 2013. His debut studio album, B4.Da.$$, was released January 20, 2015. In July 2016, he made his television debut on the USA Network series Mr. Robot. His second studio album All-Amerikkkan Badass was released on April 7, 2017.
Jo-Vaughn Virginie Scott
Joey BadA$$, JayOhVee, O.G. $wank, Jozif Badmon, Bobby Badass, Big Poppa $wank
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Record Producer
Cinematic Music Group, Pro Era Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Joey Badass was born on 20th of January 1995, in Brooklyn, New York, United States.
He’s currently 24 years old.
He has Jamaican and St. Lucian ancestry.
Joey Badass attended the Edward R. Murrow High School. He originally enrolled at Edward R. Murrow to study acting, but transitioned towards music around the time of 9th grade, with a focus on rapping.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – He is the only child. However, he has 3 paternal half-brothers and a paternal half-sister.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joey Badass has dated –
- Malia Obama (2015) – In January 2015, Joey was linked with Malia Obama after he had shared a selfie of her wearing a tee from Pro Era’s collection. It caused a huge controversy as it was questioned how Joey got a picture of US president’s daughter. He later took to social media to apologize for any offense he might have caused. A couple of years later, he claimed that he was followed by the US Secret Services because of the incident.
- Vashtie Kola (2015) – In September 2015, Joey was linked with filmmaker and DJ Vashtie Kola after he shared a picture of her sitting on his lap at a fashion event on his Instagram. Their alleged romantic bond caused a bit of stir as she was 34 years old at that time, while he was just 20 years old.
- Indigo (2017) – In 2017, Joey was reported to be dating the Instagram model, Indigo. They had been spotted together at a couple of nightclubs and they even posted pictures of them together on the social media. However, their relationship didn’t survive long and they eventually deleted pictures of them from their respective social media accounts.
- In feet – 6 feet 0 inches
- In centimeters – 183 cm
- In meters – 1.83 m
- In Kilograms – 75 kg
- In Pounds – 165 lbs
Receive acclaim for his mixtapes and studio albums 1999, Summer Knights, B4.Da.$$ and All-Amerikkkan Badass.
Joey released his debut studio album, B4.Da.$$ on January 20, 2015. The album peaked at no. 5 on the US Billboard 200 and went on to debut at no. 1 on the US R&B/HH and US Rap.
In 2012, Joey Badass made his first TV show appearance on the comedy talk show, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.
Joey Badass has endorsed multiple brands and products such as Calvin Klein, Adidas, Crooks and Castles, Billionaire Boys Club and American Eagle Outfitters.
Awards & Nominations
|2013||BET Awards||Best New Artist||Himself||Nominated|
|BET Hip Hop Awards||Rookie of the Year||Nominated|
|2016||BMI R&B/Hip-Hop Awards||Social Star||Won|
Joey Badass Favorites
- Favorite Music Influences – Tupac Shakur, Nas, MF DOOM, Black Thought, Andre 3000, Jay-Z, J Dilla, The Notorious B.I.G.
Joey Badass Net worth
Joey Badass has an estimated net worth of $4 million dollars as of 2019 and that comes from his music career and endorsements.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Joey Badass
- Instagram – joeybadass
- Twitter – Joey Badass
Some Lesser Known Facts About Joey Badass
- He started writing poems at the age of 11. At the same age, he started writing songs.
- He started his rap career with the stage name of JayOhVee but changed it to Joey Badass because he felt that the media preferred cynical stage names.
- In October 2010, Joey Badass uploaded a video of himself freestyling to YouTube. The video was re-posted on to American hip hop site World Star Hip Hop and caught the attention of Jonny Shipes, the president of Cinematic Music Group, who soon after became his manager.
- In 2012, his mixtape 1999 was featured on the list featuring top 40 albums of the year. The list was compiled by the popular Complex magazine.
- in 2013, he was a part of XXL Magazine’s 2013 Freshman Class.
- In August 4, 2014, he released the first single from his upcoming debut studio album titled Big Dusty with the music video coming out 8 days later.
- In January 2015, Joey Badass was arrested and charged with assault for allegedly breaking a security guard’s nose before performing at the Falls Festival in Byron Bay, New South Wales, Australia.
- In 2016, he performed at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival and debuted his single, Devastated on the stage.
- In March 4, 2016, Joey Badass made his television debut in the second season of the hit TV series Mr. Robot, where he was cast in the recurring role of Leon, who is a close friend of Elliot (played by Rami Malek).
- In 2017, Joey was featured in Forbes Magazine as well as in international Adidas and Calvin Klein ad campaigns.
- In December 28, 2017, Joey Badass announced via Twitter that he was originally featured on Post Malone’s track Rockstar along with T-Pain.