Azealia Banks is an American rapper, singer, songwriter and actress. She began releasing music through Myspace in 2008 before being signed to XL Recordings when she was 17 years old. In 2011, her single 212 went viral and entered several international charts. Banks subsequently signed with Interscope and Polydor Records. In 2017, Banks had her feature-film debut in Love Beats Rhymes, receiving positive reviews for her performance as lead actress in a film also featuring Common, Jill Scott and John David Washington.
Azealia Amanda Banks
Miss Bank$, Yung Rapunxel, B.A.N.K.S, Krystal Pepsy
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter
Hip Hop, Hip House, Dance-Pop
Polydor, Prospect Park, Inters, copeChaos & Glory, XL, E1
Birthday / Date of Birth
Azealia Banks was born on 31st of May 1991, in Harlem, New York City, New York, United States.
She’s currently 28 years old.
Azealia attended LaGuardia High School of Performing Arts in Manhattan to train herself in performing arts.
- Father – Died of pancreatic cancer, when Azealia was two years old.
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Azealia has 2 older sisters.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Azealia Banks has dated –
Azealia has largely opted to keep her personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about her love life and dating history.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.7 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 124 lbs
- Measurements – 33-24-33
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 33 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
She is best known for her singles 212, Yung Rapunxel and ATM Jam, released in 2011 and 2013.
Banks made her onscreen appearance in the 2005 musical comedy film The American Ruling Class as Empire Falls singer and dancer.
In January 2014, Banks released her debut studio album Broke with Expensive Taste via Interscope and Polydor Records. The album consists of 16 singles including Yung Rapunxel and ATM Jam, which were released in 2013.
Azealia has not appeared any television show yet.
She has done endorsement work for MAC’s lipstick Yung Rapunxel of dark and eggplant color.
Awards & Nominations
|2011||BBC||Sound of 2012||Herself||Third|
|Rober Awards Music Poll||Most Promising New Artist||Won|
|Best Dance Anthem||“212”|
|2012||NME Awards||Dancefloor Anthem||Nominated|
|Philip Hall Radar Award||Herself||Won|
|mtvU Woodie Awards||The Breaking Woodie||Nominated|
|O Music Awards||Best Web-Born Artist|
|Urban Music Awards||Best Single||“212”||Won|
|Best International Artist||Herself||Nominated|
|Artist of the Year|
|MOBO Awards||Best International Act|
|2013||NME Awards||Villain of the Year|
|UK Music Video Awards||Best Urban Video – Budget||“Atlantis”|
|BET Awards||Best Female Hip Hop Artist||Herself|
|Best New Artist|
|International Dance Music Awards||Best Rap/Hip-Hop Dance Track||“212”|
|2014||Billboard.com Mid-Year Music Awards||Most Memorable Feud||Herself vs T.I.|
|Rober Awards Music Poll||Best R&B||Herself|
|2015||BET Awards||Best Female Hip Hop Artist|
|International Dance Music Awards||Best Rap/Hip-Hop/Trap Dance Track||“Heavy Metal and Reflective”|
|A2IM Libera Awards||Groundbreaking Album of the Year||Broke with Expensive Taste|
|Rober Awards Music Poll||Floorfiller of the Year||“Trap Queen” (with Fetty Wap) (Remix with Quavo & Gucci Mane)|
|2016||Music Society Awards||Hip-Hop Recording of the Year||“Ice Princess”|
|Hip-Hop Album of the Year||Broke with Expensive Taste|
|Best Urban Album|
|Best Hip-Hop Recording of the Year||“The Big Big Beat”|
|Artist of the Year, Female – Hip-Hop||Herself|
Azealia Banks Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Leonardo DiCaprio, Jim Carrey
- Favorite Beverage – Bubble Tea
- Favorite Color – Blue
- Favorite Food – Sea Food
Azealia Banks Net worth
Azealia Banks has an estimated net worth of $4 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Azealia Banks
- Banks had been raised by her mother, along with her 2 older sisters, as her father died, when she was 2 years old.
- She got interested in musical theater and singing at a young age, and by 16, she started acting in a production of the comedy-noir musical City of Angels.
- In 2011, Azealia was named New Style Icon at the Billboard Awards.
- In September 2011, Banks released her debut single “212” as a free digital download from her website, which was subsequently released officially on December 6, 2011, as the lead single from her EP 1991.
- She is a fighter against racism and segregation.
- Banks has adopted an alter-ego named Yung Rapunxel, a name she started calling herself due to a long weave she wore while working at Starbucks as a teenager.
- In May 2012, Banks announced plans to release a mixtape originally titled Fantastic titled Fantasea.
- In March 2013, she fired her tour manager, when he reportedly stole money from her.
- In July 28, 2014, Banks released the official second single from Broke with Expensive Taste, titled “Heavy Metal and Reflective”, on her own label, Azealia Banks Records.
- In February 2016, Banks released a new single, “The Big Big Beat”, with its official video uploaded to Vevo in April.
- In July 2016, Banks admitted to lightening her skin and defended the process of skin bleaching.
- In 2018, her second studio album Fantasea II: The Second Wave will be released.
- In January 31, 2018, Banks announced that she had signed a $1 million record deal with Entertainment One.
- In May 2019, Banks announced she had been working on a project in Russia called Yung Rapunxel: Pt. II as a follow up mixtape to her debut single off Broke With Expensive Taste called Yung Rapunxel.
- In June 2019, Banks declared in a lengthy rant on her Instagram page that she will never release a body of work as she does not feel that the public is deserving of her work.
- Visit her official website @ azealiabanks.com.