Aaron Taylor-Johnson is an English actor and screenwriter, best known as the titular character in the Kick-Ass films and his role as Lieutenant Ford in Godzilla. Taylor-Johnson began performing at age six and has appeared in films such as Shanghai Knights, playing a young Charlie Chaplin, The Illusionist and Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging. He had his breakthrough performance in the John Lennon biopic Nowhere Boy. He went on to portray Ben in the Oliver Stone-directed crime thriller Savages, Russian aristocrat Count Vronsky in Joe Wright’s adaptation of Anna Karenina and Lt. Brody in Gareth Edwards’ monster movie Godzilla. For his performance as the mentally ill kidnapper Ray Marcus in Tom Ford’s thriller Nocturnal Animals, he won the Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor and was nominated for the BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role.
Aaron Perry Johnson
Birthday / Date of Birth
Aaron Taylor Johnson was born on the 13th of June 1990, in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England, United Kingdom.
He’s currently 29 years old.
Aaron has English and Russian Jewish ancestry.
Aaron was educated at Holmer Green Senior School and attended the Jackie Palmer Stage School in High Wycombe between 1996 and 2008, where he studied drama, tap, jazz, acrobatics and singing.
- Father – Robert Johnson (Civil Engineer)
- Mother – Sarah Johnson (Housewife)
- Siblings – Gemma Johnson (Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Aaron Taylor Johnson has dated –
- Alice Connor (2006-2007) – Actors Aaron Johnson and Alice Connor met each other in 2006 and started dating. They dated for couple of months before separating in 2007.
- Georgia Groome (2008) – Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging (2008) co-stars Georgia Groome and Aaron Johnson dated for a while in 2008.
- Sam Taylor-Johnson (2009-Present) – Aaron Johnson began a relationship with Nowhere Boy director Sam Taylor-Wood, after meeting on the 2009 set of the film when he was 18 and she was 42. They announced their engagement in October 2009 and married at Babington House, Somerset, England on 21 June 2012. The two changed their surnames to Taylor-Johnson and use the surname professionally. The couple has two daughters, Wylda Rae (b. 2010) and Romy Hero (b. 2012). He is also stepfather to two daughters from his wife’s previous marriage.
- In feet – 5 feet 11 inches
- In centimeters – 180 cm
- In meters – 1.7 m
- In Kilograms – 82 kg
- In Pounds – 181 lbs
- Measurements – 46-17-34
- Chest – 46 in or 117 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 17 in or 43 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86 cm
His shoe size is 10.5 (US).
Playing the role as Robbie Jennings in Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging (2008) and as David Dave Lizewski / Kick-Ass in Kick-Ass film series. He is also known for playing Pietro Maximoff / Quicksilver in Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) and Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015).
In 2002, Aaron made his feature film debut in Esmé Lammers family drama film, Tom & Thomas, as Tom Sheppard.
In 2001, he made his first television appearance played Young Lorimer Blacki in the television series Armadillo.
He has appeared in TV commercials for Persil in 1996 and for Rowntree’s in 2000.
Aaron Taylor Johnson Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Daniel Day-Lewis
- Favorite Movies – Apocalypse Now (1979), Pulp Fiction (1994), Boogie Nights (1997), The Big Lebowski (1998), Fight Club (1999)
Aaron Taylor Johnson Net worth
Aaron Taylor Johnson has an estimated net worth of $16 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – aarontaylorjohnson
Some Lesser Known Facts About Aaron Taylor Johnson
- He began his acting career at the age of six and appeared in a London production of Shakespeare’s Macbeth, playing the son of Macduff in 1999.
- In 2003, Johnson appeared as a young Charlie Chaplin in Shanghai Knights, with Chaplin depicted as a member of a London gang of street thugs.
- In 2006, he appeared in The Illusionist, appearing in the early flashback scenes as Edward Norton’s character, Eduard Abramovicz, as a teenager.
- In 2010, Johnson appeared as David “Dave” Lizewski/Kick-Ass, the lead character in Kick-Ass, based on the superhero comic book of the same name by Scottish writer Mark Millar.
- Aaron is very good friends with Imogen Poots.
- Taylor-Johnson was named one of GQ’s 50 best dressed British men in 2015.
- In 2016, he played Ray, a menacing Texan, in Tom Ford’s thriller Nocturnal Animals. For the role, he won the Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor- Motion Picture. Johnson also became first Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor winner since Richard Benjamin who did not receive an Academy Award nomination.
- In 2017, he played an American soldier (alongside John Cena) in Doug Liman’s thriller The Wall.
- In 2018, he appeared in Outlaw King, a British-American historical action drama about Robert the Bruce and the Wars of Scottish Independence.
- In May 2019, Taylor-Johnson was cast in Christopher Nolan’s Tenet, set for release in July 2020.