Imogen Poots is an English actress. She played Tammy in the post-apocalyptic science fiction horror film 28 Weeks Later, Linda Keith in the Jimi Hendrix biopic Jimi: All Is by My Side, Debbie Raymond in the Paul Raymond biopic The Look of Love and Julia Maddon in the American action movie Need for Speed. In 2016 she starred as Kelly Ann in the Showtime series Roadies.
Imogen Gay Poots
Birthday / Date of Birth
Imogen Poots was born on June 03, 1989 in Hammersmith, London, England.
She is currently 29 years old.
Imogen attended Bute House Preparatory School for Girls in Brook Green. Later, she was enrolled into Queen’s Gate School in South Kensington. Finally, she took admission in Latymer Upper School in Hammersmith. In 2008, she was accepted into Courtauld Institute of Art after she won three A grades at A-level.
- Father –Trevor Poots (Current affairs television producer from Belfast, Northern Ireland)
- Mother –Fiona Goodall (Journalist and voluntary worker from Bolton, Greater Manchester, England)
- Siblings –Alex Poots (Older Brother) (Model)
She is signed to Select Model Management.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Imogen Poots dated –
- Anton Yelchin (2011) – Imogen Poots had fling with Russian actor Anton Yelchin in 2011. They first met while filming the 3D comedy horror film Fright Night in 2011.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 52 kg
- In Pounds – 115 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-34
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
James wears a shoe size 8 (US).
She wears a dress size 4 (US).
Best Known For
Playing Tammy Harris in the 2007 British-Spanish sci fi horror film 28 Weeks Later.
Imogen appeared in 2006 American-German action thriller film V for Vendetta for her role as Young Valerie. It was a non-speaking role.
In 2004, she appeared in a BBC One’s medical drama television series Casualty for her role as Alice Thornton in an episode titled “Love Bites”.
She has participated in the advertising campaigns of Chloe fragrance, H&M, and Marni.
Striking blue eyes
Awards & Nominations
|2007||British Independent Film Award||Most Promising Newcomer||28 Weeks Later||Nominated|
|2011||Alliance of Women Film Journalists Award||Most Egregious Age Difference Between the Leading Man and the Love Interest||Solitary Man||Won|
|2012||Hamptons International Film Festival Award||Breakthrough Performer||Knight of Cups||Won|
|2013||British Independent Film Award||Best Supporting Actress||The Look of Love||Won|
|2016||Fright Meter Award||Best Supporting Actress||Green Room||Nominated|
|2018||Laurence Olivier Award||Best Actress in a Supporting Role||Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?||Nominated|
Imogen Poots Favorites
- Favorite Food – Chocolates
- Favorite Disney Characters – Ariel and Belle
- Favorite People – Bradley Cooper, Jamie Dornan & Helena Bonham Carter
Imogen Poots Net worth
Imogen Poots has an estimated net worth of $3 million dollars. She is best known for her role in the movie 28 Weeks Later.
Social Media Portfolio
- Instagram – imogenpootsofficial
Some Lesser Known Facts About Imogen Poots
- Imogen was born in London’s Queen Charlotte’s and Chelsea Hospital.
- “Poots” is a surname of Dutch origin.
- Imogen initially desired to become a veterinarian, but dropped the idea after she found herself hard to stand during a surgery and even fainted at the sight.
- She was born in Hammer smith, but raised in Chiswick in London.
- Poots was a member of Young Blood Theater Company.
- Matthew Beard and Aaron Taylor-Johnson are her good friends.
- She has never received a formal training as an actress.
- Imogen’s first brand endorsement was of Chloe in 2011.
- She has played the role as Julia Bonet in the 2014 film Need for Speed.
- She has Scottish and English ancestry on her mother’s side.