Jim Parsons is an American actor and producer. He is known for playing Sheldon Cooper in the CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory. Parsons has received several awards for his performance, including four Primetime Emmy Awards for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series.
James Joseph Parsons
Jim, Jimmy Pea
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jim Parsons was born on the 24th of March 1973, in Houston, Texas, United States.
He’s currently 47 years old.
He has French, German, Scottish, Irish and English ancestry.
Jim attended Klein Oak High School in Spring. After graduating from high school, Parsons earned a B.A. degree in Theater from the University of Houston. He enrolled in graduate school at the University of San Diego in 1999. Jim was one of the seven students given admission in a special two years course in classical theatre. He graduated from the course in 2001.
- Father – Milton Joseph Parsons, Jr. (President of a plumbing company) (Died in a car accident in 2001)
- Mother – Judy Ann Parsons (Teacher)
- Siblings – Julie Ann Parsons (Sister) (Teacher)
- Relatives – Milton Joseph Parsons (Paternal Grandfather), Mae Alice Johnson (Paternal Grandmother), James Allen McKnight (Maternal Grandfather), Wilma Eckman (Maternal Grandmother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jim Parsons has dated –
- Todd Spiewak (2012-Present)– In May 2012, the New York Times revealed that Jim was gay and had been in a relationship with art director Todd Spiewak for around 10 years. Jim and Todd made their first public appearance at the 9th Annual GLSEN Respect Awards in October 2013 in Los Angeles. In August 2014, it was rumored that they had gotten engaged and that Todd had pressurized him to do so. However, Jim dispelled such rumors with an Instagram post. They finally got married in May 2017 in New York City.
- In feet – 6 feet 1¼ inches
- In centimeters – 186 cm
- In meters – 1.86 m
- In Kilograms – 73 kg
- In Pounds – 161 lbs
- Measurements – 37–12–32
- Chest – 37 in or 94 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 12 in or 30.5 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
Jim well known for his role of Sheldon Cooper in the CBS comedy-drama, The Big Bang Theory. For his work in the TV series, he has won multiple Primetime Emmy Awards and a Golden Globe Award.
In 2003, Jim made his theatrical film debut as a casting assistant in the French movie, Happy End.
In 2002, Jim made his first television show appearance as Chet in The Road episode of the NBC TV program, Ed.
Jim Parsons has done endorsement work for several brands such as Intel Corporation (2014-2017), Nissan Micra (2014), Quiznos Toasted Subs (2003), DiGiorno Frozen Pizza (2003), Stride Gum (2006), FedEx, Ford Fusion (as part of Big Bang Theory cast member) (2017), CBS Cares Organ Donation (2017) & Hometown Houston (TV Spot promoting Houston city).
Jim Parsons Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Henry Cavill
- Favorite Actress – Julia Roberts
- Favorite Sci-Fi Movie – Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)
- Favorite Museum – Menil Collection in Houston
- Favorite Restaurants – Lupe Tortillas and Pappasitos
- Favorite Travel Pastime – Reading Kindle
- Favorite Food – Mexican
Jim Parsons Net worth
Jim Parsons has an estimated net worth of $30 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – therealjimparsons
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jim Parsons
- Jim won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in a Television Series Musical or Comedy.
- Before finding success as an actor, he worked as an assistant for Megan Halverson at Microsoft Sidewalk in Houston.
- Jim was one of the actors who voiced the audiobook A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo.
- In 2005, Jim played the role as Justin in the comedy-drama film, The Great New Wonderful written by Sam Catlin and directed by Danny Leiner.
- In 2007, he portrayed role of Spim in the comedy-drama film, Gardener of Eden directed by Kevin Connolly.
- In 2011, Jim appeared with Jack Black, Owen Wilson, Steve Martin and Rashida Jones in the comedy film The Big Year.
- In 2015, he made his acting with the supernatural horror film, Visions directed by Kevin Greutert.
- In 2018, Jim had worked in drama film, A Kid Like Jake directed by Silas Howard and written by Daniel Pearle.
- In 2019, Jim played the role as Larry Simpson in the crime film, Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile.