James Chapman is an English YouTuber, model and writer. Chapman began posting videos on his YouTube channel in 2010 and released his first book, titled 147 Things and is currently a monthly contributing editor for British GQ. He created his first “j1mmyb0bba” YouTube channel (now known as simply “Jim Chapman”) in 2010 where he produces videos on men’s fashion and grooming. He was part of the YouTube Boyband that raised money for Comic Relief and was featured in The Guardian. He has recently been the face of Hugo Boss watches in their latest campaign.
James Alfred Chapman
YouTuber, Blogger, Writer, Model
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jim Chapman was born on 28th of December 1987, in Norwich, England, United Kingdom.
He’s currently 32 years old.
West London, England, United Kingdom
Jim attended attended Old Buckenham High School and then Notre Dame High School. Jim completed his graduation from the University of East Anglia and obtained his bachelor’s degree in science and majored in Psychology. He wished to pursue his masters, however, he decided against it to focus on his career as a YouTuber.
- Father – John
- Mother – Judy Chapman
- Siblings – John Chapman (Twin Brother) (YouTuber), Samantha Chapman (Older Sister) (Makeup Artist), Nicola Chapman Haste (Older Sister) (YouTuber)
- Relatives – Brian (Stepfather) (Died on February 22, 2017, due to cancer)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jim Chapman has dated –
- Tanya Burr (2006-2019) – Jim Chapman started dating fellow YouTuber Tanya Burr in December 2006. In December 2012, the duo got engaged. They got married in an intimate wedding ceremony on September 3, 2015. The two were considered to be one of the most powerful couples on YouTube. Sadly, on March 12, 2019, the couple called it quits.
- In feet – 6 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 191 cm
- In meters – 1.91 m
- In Kilograms – 72 kg
- In Pounds – 158 lbs
His shoe size is 11 (US).
Being one of the most influential personalities on YouTube where he posts vlogs on his daily life and reviews on the latest fashion trends for men.
Jim created his self-titled YouTube channel in 2009 after his girlfriend Tanya, who was already vlogging, insisted him creating one for him. He posts fashion, cooking, Q&A and personal videos. He has associated with other YouTubers including Marcus Butler, Alfie Deyes, Louise Pentland, Grace Helbig, Tyler Oakley, Zoe Sugg, Joe Sugg, Louis Cole, Caspar Lee and many others.
In 2014, Jim Chapman made his television show debut on the mini-series The Crew as himself.
Jim has done endorsement work for the following brands- Richard James Savile Row, P Johnson, Converse, Coach, Grey Goose UK, Louis Vuitton, Percival Menswear, Mulberry, Bally, Burberry, Hugo Boss Watches, British Fashion Council & BFC British Designers Mentoring Day.
Jim Chapman Favorites
- Favorite Clothes – John Lewis Suede Jacket, Basic T-shirt from Tiger of Sweden, Cashmere Hoodie, New York Yankees Cap
- Favorite Fragrances – Tom Ford, Grey Vetiver
- Favorite Shoes – Nike ‘Tavas’ Trainers
- Favorite Cleanser – AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser by Murad
- Favorite Junk Food – Chocolate, Pizza
- Favorite Starter – Calamari Deep Fried with Lemon and Aioli Sauce
- Favorite Desserts – Sticky Toffee Pudding, Chocolate Fondant
- Favorite Book – Harry Potter Series
- Favorite TV Show – Dexter
- Favorite Animals – Dogs and Penguins
- Favorite Superhero – Spiderman
- Favorite Color – Green
Jim Chapman Net worth
Jim Chapman has an estimated net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2019. He has worked with different brands on their promotional campaigns. He owns a Jaguar F-Type R.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jim Chapman
- His parents separated when he was young and his mother was a victim of domestic abuse.
- His father served time in jail for an armed robbery.
- In 2013, Jim Chapman was named as one of the National Citizen Service’s ambassadors, helping to promote the newly launched youth service.
- Jim is not good with spellings and makes a lot of spelling errors while typing since the words get jumbled in his mind.
- Jim was named the 17th Best Dressed Man in Britain of 2015 by GQ magazine, he is also now a contributing editor and writes a column for GQ every month.
- He has recently been the face of Hugo Boss watches in their latest campaign.
- He has a pet dog named Martha.
- He prefers sleeping with his pillow arranged lengthwise with one knee at a 90-degree angle and both his feet outside the duvet and he doesn’t like his feet dangling off the bed.
- He dislikes sharing his food with others.
- Jim is indecisive and finds it difficult to make decisions.
- He has written the book 147 Things which was released on October 5, 2017.
- Visit Jim’s official website @ jimchapman.co.uk.