Jhené Aiko is an American singer and songwriter, who embarked on her music career contributing vocals and appearing in several music videos for R&B group B2K. In 2003, she was set to release her debut album, My Name Is Jhené, through her labels Sony, The Ultimate Group and Epic, however the album was never released.
In 2013, Aiko appeared on Big Sean’s single Beware also featuring Lil Wayne, which became her first top 40 single on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart. In November 2013, she released her first project for Artium and Def Jam, an extended play (EP) titled Sail Out. In September 9, 2014, Aiko released her major-label debut album, Souled Out. In March 6, 2020, Jhené released her third studio album, Chilombo.
Jhené Aiko Efuru Chilombo
Jhené, Nay, NeNe
Alternative R&B, Neo Soul, Hip hop, Pop
ARTium, Def Jam, Island Def Jam, The Ultimate Group, Epic Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jhené Aiko was born on the 16th of March 1988, in Los Angeles, California, United States.
She’s currently 32 years old.
She is of Dominican, Japanese and Spanish descent on her mother’s side, while she has African American, Choctaw, Cherokee, Navajo, German Jewish and Yaqui ancestry on her dad’s side.
Jhené was homeschooled until high school.
- Father – Dr. Karamo Chilombo (Pediatrician)
- Mother – Christina Yamamoto
- Siblings – Miyoko (Older Sister) (Singer), Jamila (Older Sister) (Singer), Jahi, Miyagi (Brother) (Died of cancer on July 19, 2012)
Jhené also has three half-siblings from her father’s side. Her half-siblings are Dio Chilombo, Kareena Chilombo and Marcia Chilombo.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jhené Aiko has dated –
- O’Ryan (2005-2008) – In 2005, Aiko dated singer, O’Ryan. At the age of 20, Aiko gave birth to her daughter Namiko Love, with O’Ryan on November 19, 2008.
- Dot da Genius (2014-2016) – Aiko and record producer Dot da Genius hooked up in September 2014. After dating for one and a half years, the couple marriage on March 16, 2016 but, the marriage didn’t last even a year and Jhene applied for divorce on August 9, 2016. The divorce was finalized in October 2017.
- Big Sean (2016-2018) – In 2016, Aiko was rumored to be dating Big Sean and their relationship was later confirmed in an Instagram post. It was reported that the couple broke up in mid-December 2018 and it was confirmed in March 2019.
- In feet – 5 feet 2 inches
- In centimeters – 157 cm
- In meters – 1.57 m
- In Kilograms – 48 kg
- In Pounds – 109 lbs
- Measurements – 33-24-34
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Jhené rose to fame as a singer with the American R&B group B2K and released hit songs such as The Worst and Sail Out (2013). In 2018, she released her first poetry collection titled, 2Fish.
In May 2014, Aiko released her debut album, Souled Out via Def Jam Recordings.
Aiko has appeared in a Pepsi commercial alongside Juicy J and Wale (2014).
Jhené Aiko Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Leonardo DiCaprio
- Favorite Singer – Rihanna
- Favorite Rapper – Tupac Shakur
- Favorite TV Show – Game of Thrones
- Favorite Color – Blue
- Favorite Food – Fast Food
Jhené Aiko Net worth
Jhené Aiko has an estimated net worth of $0.8 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jhené Aiko
- Jhené was first introduced to the world as Lil Fizz’s cousin.
- In 2012, Aiko met with No I.D., record producer and vice president of A&R at Def Jam, who ended up signing Aiko to his Artium Records imprint through Def Jam.
- On October 21, 2012 she released a music video for the song My Mine. Jhene also released a video for the mixtape’s second track, Stranger.
- In 2013, Aiko appeared on Big Sean’s single Beware also featuring Lil Wayne, which became her first top 40 single on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- On August 27, 2013, Jhené was involved in a car accident in Los Angeles along with her daughter Namiko, older sister Miyoko, and her daughter’s father O’Ryan. Aiko suffered a broken wrist, chipped a tooth and had stitches in her chin. Her daughter was unharmed in the accident.
- On January 18, 2014, Aiko appeared on Saturday Night Live performing the song From Time with the episode’s guest host, Drake.
- In February, 2015, Jhené was nominated for three Grammy Awards at the 57th Annual Grammy Awards, including Best R&B Song for The Worst and Best Urban Contemporary Album for Sail Out.
- On September 22, 2017, she released her second studio album, Trip.
- On May 8, 2019, Aiko released Triggered (Freestyle) which debuted at number fifty one on the US Billboard Hot 100 and peaked at number 3 on the US R&B Songs.
- On March 6, 2020, Jhené released her third studio album, Chilombo.
- Visit her official website @jheneaiko.com.