Jenna Dewan is an American actress and dancer. She started her career as a backup dancer for Janet Jackson and later worked with artists including Pink, Missy Elliott and Christina Aguilera. She is known for her role as Nora Clark in the 2006 film Step Up. She has also starred on the short-lived NBC series The Playboy Club and had a recurring role on the FX series American Horror Story: Asylum. She portrayed Freya Beauchamp on the Lifetime series Witches of East End and played Lucy Lane in The CW series Supergirl. Dewan hosted the NBC reality competition television series World of Dance.
Jenna Lee Dewan
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jenna Dewan was born on December 03, 1980 in Hartford, Connecticut, United States.
She is currently 38 years old.
Her dad has Polish and Lebanese ancestry and mother has German and English ancestry.
Jenna attended Grapevine High School in Grapevine, Texas. After graduating in 1999 and becoming prom queen in her senior year, she went on to study at the University of Southern California.
- Father – Darryll Dewan (American Football Player)
- Mother – Nancy Bursch Smith (née Bursch)
- Siblings – Missy Dewan (Sister), Nathan Dewan (Brother), Shane Dewan (Brother), Daniel Dewan (Brother)
- Others – Claude Brooks Smith (Stepfather), Elizabeth (Grandmother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jenna Dewan has dated –
- Justin Timberlake (2002) – Jenna dated Justin after he broke up with Britney, but the friendship between the two was not more than few months long.
- Shane West (2003-2005) – From June 2003 to February 2005, Jenna dated Shane West.
- Channing Tatum (2005-2018) – The couple met each other in September 2005, on the set of ‘Step Up’. The meetings turned into dating. Finally, both gave their affair a name by engaging with each other in September 2008 and then through marriage, the very next year on July 11, 2009, at Church Estates Vineyards in Malibu, California. The couple lived together for more than 8 years after marriage. Jenna gave birth to a daughter, Everly on May 31, 2013, in London, England. In April 2018, they announced their separation. In October 2018, she legally applied for divorce from Channing.
- Steve Kazee (2018-Present) – In late 2018, Jenna was seen getting cozy with actor Steve Kazee. Publicly, they were first seen kissing at the Halloween party in October 2018. But, they appear to be dating from some months.
- In feet – 5 feet 2 inches
- In centimeters – 157 cm
- In meters – 1.57 m
- In Kilograms – 52 kg
- In Pounds – 115 lbs
- Measurements – 33-24-33
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 33 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
Her dress size is 4 (US).
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Appearing in films like Step Up and The Playboy Club. She had served as a background dancer for various artists including Missy Elliott, Janet Jackson and Christina Aguilera.
She had appeared in the 2004 TV movie that was a remake of the 1966–1971 series Dark Shadows. The movie was a one-hour television pilot that was produced by Warner Bros Television. She did the role of Sophia.
She appeared in an American sitcom Quintuplets for her role as Haley. She had a chance to appear in just a single episode titled “Little Man on Campus” in 2004. The show was also able to produce only 22 episodes in its lifetime.
She has had no endorsement deals in the past.
Awards & Nominations
|2007||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Movie: Dance Scene||Step Up||Won|
|2012||Peabody Award||Executive Producer||Earth Made of Glass||Won|
Jenna Dewan Favorites
Her favorite things are unknown.
Jenna Dewan Net worth
Jenna Dewan has an estimated net worth of $20 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jenna Dewan
- She was a cheerleader during her high school.
- Her parents divorced when she was young and her mother, Nancy remarried to Claude Smith.
- Dewan is an animal rights activist and a vegan.
- She owns a production company, 33andOut Productions along with friends Reid Carolin, Adam Martingano, Brett Rodriguez and husband Channing Tatum.
- Dewan’s parents have different ancestries. Her father is of Lebanese and Polish descent while her mother has German and English ancestry.
- She has a dog named Meeka.
- Jenna has also co-founded Iron Horse Entertainment.
- In 2006, Dewan co-starred with Channing Tatum in Step Up, as well as starring in Take the Lead that same year.
- In August 2008, Dewan starred in the Lifetime made-for-television film Fab Five: The Texas Cheerleader Scandal which follows five rule-breaking teens.
- In March 2011, Dewan was cast in the NBC pilot of The Playboy Club.
- In May 2011, NBC picked up the series for a full season.
- In 2013, Dewan began starring in the Lifetime series Witches of East End as Freya Beauchamp, one of the lead characters.
- Visit her official website @ jennadewanunwrapped.com.