Han Suk-kyu is a South Korean actor. One of the leading actors of Korean cinema, Han’s notable works include Green Fish, No. 3, Christmas in August, Shiri, The Scarlet Letter, and The President’s Last Bang. He won the Grand Prize (Daesang) at the SBS Drama Awards, for his lead role as King Sejong in the historical drama Deep Rooted Tree. He won the Grand Prize (Daesang) Award again, for his performance as Master Kim in the hit medical drama Dr. Romantic. In 2019, Suk-kyu played the role of police in the drama Watcher.
Actor, Voiceover Artist
Birthday / Date of Birth
Han Suk-kyu was born on the 3rd of November 1964, in Seoul, South Korea.
He’s currently 58 years old.
He has South Korean ancestry.
Suk-kyu studied at the Theater and Film department of Dongguk University.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Girlfriend / Spouse
Han Suk-kyu has dated –
- Im Myeong-ju (1998-Present) – In 1998, Suk-kyu married Im Myeong-ju and the duo parents 4 children.
- In feet – 5 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 178 cm
- In meters – 1.78m
- In Kilograms – 68 kg
- In Pounds – 150 lbs
He wears a size 10.5 (US) shoe.
Han became known prominent figure of the Korean entertainment industry with his critically acclaimed performances in several shows and movies like Christmas in August, Dr. Romantic, Tell Me Something, Secret Door, Shiri, The President’s Last Bang, Deep Rooted Tree, The Prison, and Green Fish. Over the years, he has also won several accolades and has received a tribute at the Austrian FilmAsia festival.
In 1995, Suk-kyu had his first film onscreen role in the movie, Mom, the Star, and the Sea Anemone as special appearance and he made his theatrical film debut as Kim Mak-dong in the thriller movie, Green Fish (1997).
In 1990, Han landed his first role in television by appearing as Hyun Chul in the series, Our Paradise.
Han Suk-kyu Net worth
Han Suk-kyu has an estimated net worth of $3 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – hansukkyu0311
Some Lesser Known Facts About Han Suk-kyu
- Han was born and raised in Seoul, South Korea.
- While a student at the Theater and Film department of Dongguk University, he sang in an amateur folk rock band.
- Before moving on to TV and film acting, He took a brief, year-long contract as voice actor at KBS.
- Suk-kyu has credited Kim Seung-ho, Al Pacino, Ken Takakura, The Godfather trilogy, and Hayao Miyazaki as his influences.
- He received immense praise for his performance as Mak-dong in the 1997 film, Green Fish, and won several awards including the 18th Blue Dragon Film Award, 35th Grand Bell Award, and 17th Korean Association of Film Critics Award in the Best Actor category.
- In 1998, he co-starred as Jung-won in the romantic drama film, Christmas in August and bagged several awards for his performance.
- In 1999, Suk-kyu went on a hiatus as he suffered disc problems.
- In 2011, he co-starred as Lee Do/King Sejong in the romantic historical mystery drama TV series, Deep Rooted Tree alongside actors Jang Hyuk and Shin Se-kyung.
- In 2020, Han reprised his role of Teacher Kim in Dr. Romantic 2.