Grigor Dimitrov is a Bulgarian professional tennis player. His career-high ATP singles ranking is world No. 3, which he achieved in November 2017 after winning the 2017 ATP Finals. Dimitrov is the most successful Bulgarian male tennis player to date, both in terms of ranking reached as of 2017 he is the only Bulgarian tennis player ever to be ranked inside the top 10 ATP Singles, and prize money won, being the only male Bulgarian player to reach $1m and later $15m.
Grisho, Baby Fed, G-Force, PT (Prime Time)
Right-Handed (one-handed backhand)
Professional Tennis Player
Birthday / Date of Birth
Grigor Dimitrov was born on 16 May 1991, in Haskovo, Bulgaria.
He is currently 28 years old.
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Dimitrov got enrolled at the Sanchez-Casal academy in 2007, where he was trained under the leadership of Emilio Sánchez and Pato Álvarez. After a year, he moved to Paris, where he joined Patrick Mouratoglou’s Tennis Academy and spent the next four seasons there.
- Father – Dimitar Dimitrov (Tennis Coach)
- Mother – Maria Dimitrov (Former Volleyball Coach and Sports Teacher)
- Siblings – None
Grigor Dimitrov is represented by Team8 (Sports Management Company).
Girlfriend / Spouse
Grigor Dimitrov has dated–
- Simona Stefanova (2008-2012) – In 2008, Grigor started dating Simona Stefanova, a fellow Bulgarian tennis player. They were pretty open about their relationship and Simona was often seen cheering him as he sought to gain a foothold in the professional tennis. They dated for about 4 years before going separate ways in the summer of 2012.
- Serena Williams (2012) – Just after his separation from Stefanova, Dimitrov hooked up with tennis star Serena Williams. But their affair didn’t last long and it seemed the separation was acrimonious as she indirectly called him a guy with a black heart in her interview with Rolling Stones. In fact, it has been often claimed that Maria Sharapova’s relationship with Dimitrov served as a flashing point in a feud between the leading women tennis stars.
- Maria Sharapova (2012-2015) – Grigor started dating Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova in the last months of 2012. But they didn’t publicly confirm their relationship until the end of the 2013 Madrid Open, where he managed to secure his first victory over world #1 Novak Djokovic. They split in June 2015.
- Nicole Scherzinger (2015-Present) – As per reports, the Bulgarian star started dating singer and TV personality, Nicole Scherzinger, towards the end of 2015. They made their relationship eventually public in January 2016. In May 2016, it was claimed that their relationship was on rocks. It was claimed that their busy work schedules had made it difficult for them to spend time together. Plus, he wasn’t able to support her in a couple of personal matters due to his ’round the world’ tennis career. But, soon after they were again seen together. They had reportedly got engaged, which turned out to be just a rumor. Some sections of the press have also focused on their 13 years age difference. They have continued to make on and off public appearances throughout 2017 and the subsequent months of 2018.
- In feet – 6 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 190.5 cm
- In meters – 1.9 m
- In Kilograms – 81 kg
- In Pounds – 178 lbs
Being the most successful Bulgarian male tennis player. He is the first and the only Bulgarian player to have won an ATP title in the singles category. He is also the first Bulgarian player to have reached the doubles final.
- Grigor Dimitrov got his first tennis racket as a gift from his mother when he was three years old. After two years, he started playing tennis daily. At the age of 14, he tasted his first major win, the U14 European title. He then subsequently won the junior US Open and junior Wimbledon and became the junior world No. 1 overtaking Tsung-hua Yang on September 8, 2007.
- Dimitrov made his ATP debut in 2008 at the Ordina Open against Igor Andreev but he lost to him in straight sets. He won his first ATP title at the If Stockholm Open Dimitrov defeating top seed David Ferrer in the final, becoming the first ever male Bulgarian player in the Open era to win such a title. He has won 8 ATP titles so far.
Career Highest Ranking
- Singles – No. 3 (20 November 2017)
- Doubles – No. 66 (26 August 2013)
Film & Television Debut
He has acted in any TV show or film yet.
Dimitrov has appeared in a lot of TV commercials endorsing various products from Wilson Sporting Goods.
Grigor Dimitrov Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Johnny Depp
- Favorite Colors – Red and Black
- Favorite Goto Meal – In-N-Out burgers
- Favorite New York City Spot – Central Park
- Favorite Musician – Lil Wayne
- Favorite Idols – Roger Federer and Pete Sampras
- Favorite Off-Court Style – Bohemian and Grungy Style
- Favorite Tennis Style Icons – Andre Agassi
- Favorite Movie – The Notebook (2004)
- Favorite Tournament – Wimbledon
Grigor Dimitrov Net worth
Grigor Dimitrov has a n estimated net worth of $10 million as of 2019. He owns a Mercedes-Benz SLS.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Grigor Dimitrov
- Dimitrov was awarded the Bulgarian Sportsperson of the Year in 2014 and 2017.
- He was named the Eddie Herr International Rising Star in 2007.
- He is a good friend of Novak Djokovic.
- He speaks English as well as his native Bulgarian.
- He represented his country at the London Olympics in 2012, where he was beaten in the first round by France’s 12th seed Gilles Simon 6–3 6–3.
- His main interests are sports, cars, computers and watches
- Dimitrov is the first Bulgarian professional tennis player to have earned US $1 million and as well as the US $15 million prize money.
- He has collaborated with Nike to launch his exclusive clothing line by the name of Court. It has been inspired by the former rebellious players such as Andre Agassi and John McEnroe.
- He got his first racket at the age of 3. It was gifted by his mother. By the age of 5, he was playing regularly.
- He secured his first big success by winning the U14 European title at the age of 14. He later won the prestigious Orange Bowl U16 boys singles as well.
- In 2008, he managed to win the Junior Wimbledon Cup despite battling a shoulder injury throughout the tournament.
- When he started focusing on tennis, he was coached by his father Dimitar Dimitrov at the Tennis Club in their hometown of Haskovo.
- He holds the distinction of being the first and the only Bulgarian player to be featured in the top 10 ATP Singles ranking.
- Visit his official website @ grigor-dimitrov.com.