Conor Anthony McGregor is an Irish professional mixed martial artist and boxer. He is the former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) featherweight and lightweight champion. He has also competed as a welterweight in mixed martial arts (MMA), and light middleweight in boxing. As of August 8, 2018, he is #2 on the UFC’s pound for pound rankings.
Conor Anthony McGregor
The Notorious, Mystic Mac
Mixed Martial Artist (MMA), Professional Boxer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Conor McGregor was born on 14 July 1988, in Crumlin, Dublin, Ireland.
He’s currently 29 years old.
McGregor attended all-Irish secondary school, Coláiste Cois Life.
- Father – Tony McGregor
- Mother – Margaret McGregor
- Siblings – Erin McGregor (Older Sister) (Competitive Bodybuilder), Aoife McGregor (Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Conor McGregor dated –
McGregor has been dating Irish businesswoman, Dee Devlin, since 2008. They welcomed their first child, son Conor Jack McGregor Jr., on 5 May 2017.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 70 kg
- In Pounds – 155 lbs
- Measurements – 42.5-15.5-33
- Chest – 42.5 inches
- Biceps – 15.5 inches
- Waist – 33 inches
- Thick Dublin accent
Best Known For
Being a champion as a mixed martial artist in the featherweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC).
At the age of 18, McGregor had his first professional MMA fight against Kieran Campbell for the Irish Ring of Truth promotion in Dublin on 17 February 2007. He won the match via technical knockout which led him to sign a contract with the Irish Cage of Truth promotion. Following his victory, he turned pro that same year.
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Debut
In February 2013, he signed a multi-fight contract with the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). On April 6, 2013, McGregor had his first professional UFC bout, defeating Marcus Brimage, which earned him his first ‘Knockout of the Night’ award.
Professional Boxing Debut
McGregor made his professional boxing debut against Floyd Mayweather Jr., on 26 August 2017 at T-Mobile Arena in Paradise, Nevada. He was defeated by Mayweather in the 10th round. The bout was one of the most lucrative PPV events of all time
- Featherweight (MMA) (2008 – 2015)
- Lightweight (MMA) ( 2008 – 2012; 2016 – Present)
- Welterweight (2016 – Present)
74.0 in (188 cm)
40.0 in (102 cm)
Brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
McGregor made his acting debut as himself in a documentary titled Conor McGregor: Notorious in 2017.
In 2015, he made his first television appearance in the UFC reality series The Ultimate Fighter 22 as himself.
McGregor has endorsement deals with Beats by Dre, Monster Energy, Reebok and Bud Light. His endorsement deals round up to $7 million. In early 2018, McGregor signed a deal with Burger King.
Conor McGregor Favorites
His favorite things are unknown.
Conor McGregor Net Worth
- McGregor net worth is estimated to be $85 million dollars.
- On December 11th, 2015, Conor earned a reported $12 million defeating Jose Aldo in 13 seconds. On March 5, 2016, Conor reportedly earned a minimum of $10 million, and perhaps as much as $15 million when he fought Nate Diaz at UFC 196. He reportedly earned $25 million when he fought Nate Diaz again at UFC 202.Between June 2017 and June 2018, Conor McGregor earned $99 million, of which $14 million came from endorsements with companies like Burger King, Beats by Dre, Anheuser-Busch and more.McGregor earned between $75 to $100 million from the fight against Mayweather Jr.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Conor McGregor
- Growing up, he developed liking for football and played for Lourdes Celtic Football Club.
- McGregor switched to boxing at the age of 12 and took training at the Crumlin Boxing Club.
- After a brief stint in boxing, his focus shifted toward mixed martial arts (MMA).
- He worked as a plumber in his twenties before making his debut in UFC.
- McGregor is the biggest pay-per-view (PPV) draw in MMA history, having headlined four out of the six highest-selling UFC pay-per-view events.
- He has several credits under his belt. He won both the Cage Warriors Featherweight and Lightweight Championships, becoming the first Irish fighter to achieve the feat.
- He also won the Ultimate Fighting Championship Featherweight Championship and UFC Lightweight Championship. With that, he became the first fighter in UFC history to hold titles in two weight divisions simultaneously.
- He earned his professional boxing license from California State Athletic Commission on November 30, 2016.
- He is a great supporter of same-sex marriage.
- He was the 2015 Fighter of the Year as per Bleacher Report.
- Conor is the first Irishman to record a win in UFC.
- President of the mixed martial arts organization Ultimate Fighting Championship, Dana White signed Conor without even seeing him fight.
- Conor self-proclaimed that he would defeat boxing king Floyd Mayweather, Jr in less than 30 seconds. But, when he had his match with Floyd Mayweather in 2017, Conor actually lost the match.
- In April 2011, he knocked out fighter Paddy Doherty in 3.5 seconds.
- Former professional boxer, Muhammad Ali and a Hong Kong American martial artist, Bruce Lee are his heroes.
- Visit his official website @ conormcgregor.com.