Floyd Mayweather Jr. is an American professional boxing promoter and former professional boxer. He competed from 1996 to 2007 and 2009 to 2015 and made a one fight comeback in 2017. During his career, he held multiple world titles in five weight classes and the lineal championship in four weight classes and retired with an undefeated record. As an amateur, Mayweather won a bronze medal in the featherweight division at the 1996 Olympics, three U.S. Golden Gloves championships and the U.S. national championship at featherweight.
Floyd Joy Sinclair
Pretty Boy, Money Mayweather, TBE (The Best Ever)
Professional Boxing Promoter, Former Professional Boxer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Floyd Mayweather Jr. was born on 24 February 1977, in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States.
He’s currently 42 years old.
Southern Highlands Golf Club, Las Vegas Township, Enterprise, Nevada, United States.
Mayweather attended Ottawa Hills High School in Michigan but he dropped out.
- Father – Floyd Mayweather, Sr. (Former Professional Boxer)
- Mother – Deborah Sinclair
- Siblings – Fannie Orr (Sister), Justin Jones (Brother), Deltricia Tawanna Howard (Sister)
- Others – Jeff Mayweather (Uncle), Roger Mayweather (Uncle)
Floyd Mayweather, Jr. can be contacted and approached at Mayweather Boxing Club, Las Vegas, USA.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Floyd Mayweather Jr. has dated –
- Erica Dixon – The reality TV star and model had a brief relationship with Mayweather Jr. in the past.
- Josie Harris (1993-2007) – Josie Harris was in a relationship with the boxer for a long duration in the past. However, the relationship ended on a bitter note when the boxer had to serve in jail for domestic violence against her. Josie Harris has also sued him for defamation in 2015. The couple has three children – Koraun Mayweather (son), Jirah Mayweather (daughter) and Zion Shamaree Mayweather (son).
- Melissa Brim (1998-2000) – The American personality, Melissa Brim started dating the boxer in July 1998. They have a child named Iyanna (daughter) who was born on May 20, 2000. The couple separated in August 2000.
- Shantel Jackson (2006-2014) – The model and actress, Shantel Jackson commenced dating Floyd Mayweather Jr. in 2006. The couple got engaged in September 2010. However, they have separated in 2014.
- Rozonda ‘Chilli’ Thomas (2008) – The singer, dancer, and actress, Rozonda started dating Floyd Mayweather Jr. in February 2008 but separated soon in the same year in May.
- Keyshia Cole (2008) – The singer, songwriter, record producer, businesswoman and television personality, Keyshia Cole met the boxer at his birthday party in February 2008. They started dating soon but got separated by September, the same year.
- Jessica Burciaga (2011) – The Adult magazine model is rumored to have an encounter with the boxer in 2011.
- Princess Love (2013-2014) – The former stripper and television personality had commenced dating the boxer in 2013. They separated in 2014.
- Doralie Medina (2014-2015) – The model started seeing the boxer on April 30, 2014 after they met through a mutual friend. The couple broke up in 2015.
- Brit Raemarni (2016-Present) – In February 2016, Floyd had hooked up with British shop worker and aspiring singer, Brit Raemarni (aka Raemarni Ball aka Rmarni). They had met when Floyd was on his UK tour. He also took her to a holiday in March. They were even seen in a nightclub and later at the LA Clippers and Golden State Warriors NBA match. They had split after dating for some time. The couple rekindled their romantic relationship later.
- Nikki Mudarris (2017) – Reality TV personality, Nikki Mudarris and Mayweather hooked up in September 2017.
- Abbie Holborn (2017) – Floyd was linked with reality TV star Abbie Holborn in 2017 after she was seen partying with him and his crew at the Livello Nightclub in Newcastle.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.7 m
- In Kilograms – 70 kg
- In Pounds – 154 lbs
Floyd Mayweather Jr. is best known for being the WBC, WBA and Ring welterweight champion. He is also known for being the WBC Super, WBA, and Ring junior middleweight champion. The Boxer has been known to his fans through Sports news and boxing websites for being rated as the best pound-for-pound boxer in the world.
- In 1993, Mayweather won the National Golden Gloves championships with an amateur record of 84–8.
- Floyd Mayweather won his first professional bout on October 11, 1996, when he knocked out fellow newcomer Roberto Apodaca in Round 2. He has major world titles under his belt including the WBC super featherweight champion, WBC lightweight champion, WBC super lightweight champion, IBF welterweight champion, WBC welterweight champion, WBC light middleweight champion, WBA (Super) light middleweight champion, WBA (Super) welterweight champion and WBO welterweight champion.
Floyd Mayweather Jr. utilizes the orthodox defensive stance to tackle his opponents. His techniques include –
- Shoulder Roll
- Right hand held slightly higher than normal
- Lead shoulder raised high on cheeks coverithe ng chin
- Lead shoulder utilized to block punches
- Right hand used to block punches such as left hooks
- Left hand positioned around the midsection
- Twisting body to deflect punches from the opponent.
Floyd did minor roles in films as well as served as the executive producer of 30 Days in May, a TV documentary movie, released in 2013. Besides he has made a couple of cameo appearance as himself in films More than Famous and Think Like a Man Too.
In 1997, he made his first appearance on a TV series Arli$$.
Floyd Mayweather has endorsed several brands like Nike, Reebok, etc. He also appeared in a TV commercial for AT&T in 2009.
- Referring himself in the third person
- Undefeated match record
- Criminal controversies
Floyd Mayweather Jr. Favorites
- Favorite Movies – Monster Flicks, Epic movie that stars Brad Pitt
- Favorite Sports – Table Tennis, Basketball
- Favorite Singers – 50 Cent, G-Unit, Earl Hayes, Derek Bomb, Jay-Z, Cassidy
- Favorite Ice-Cream Flavor – Praline and Creams
- Favorite Seasoning – Barbeque sauce
- Favorite Boxers – Kostya Tszyu, Marquez Brothers, Pacquiao, Winky Wright, Bernard Hopkins, Mo Harris, Pernell Whitaker, Him and Aaron Pryor and Marvin Hagler, Sugar Ray Leonard, Roger Mayweather
- Favorite Athletes – Michael Vick, Terrell Owens (Basketball players), Venus Williams, Serena Williams (Tennis Players)
Floyd Mayweather Jr. Net worth
Floyd Mayweather Jr. has an estimated net worth of $700 million dollars as of 2019. He was one of the highest paid American athlete during his time. He has often listed on the 50 highest paid athletes list by Forbes and Sports Illustrated. On August 26, 2017, Floyd Mayweather fought Conor McGregor, which was his last fight and the highest grossing Pay Per View boxing event in history and reportedly earned over $300 million from the fight. As a resident of Nevada, he didn’t pay any state income taxes but will pay around 40% of his earnings to the IRS. He owns several properties and resides in a 22,000-square-foot (2,000 m2), five-bedroom, seven-bath, custom-built mansion in Las Vegas, Nevada. He also owns a $1.5 million house in Sunny Isles Beach and a $2.5 million condo at the Ritz Carlton Residences in LA. He recently bought a $7.7 million five bedroom Miami Mansion that apparently has a floating staircase. It is reported that Mayweather owns over 100 cars which include Bentley Mulsanne, Ferrari 458 Italia, Ferrari Enzo, McLaren 650s and other significant models of luxury car brands.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Floyd Mayweather
- Instagram – floydmayweather
- Twitter – Floyd Mayweather
Some Lesser Known Facts About Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- During his career, Mayweather has won several prestigious awards and honors including Michigan State and National State Golden Glove Champion Award, both of which he won three times.
- At the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, Mayweather won a bronze medal by reaching the semi-finals of the featherweight (57-kg) division.
- In 1998 and 2007, he won International Boxing Fighter of the Year Award and The Ring Fighter of the Year Award. He won the BWAA Fighter of the Year award thrice. He even won the Boxing Hall of Fame and ESPN Fighter of the Year award. He is a six-times winner of Best Fighter ESPY Award.
- Floys was included in Forbes and Sports Illustrated lists of the 50 highest-paid athletes in 2012 and 2013. He was also included in Forbes list again in both 2014 and 2015, in the highest paid athlete in the world lists.
- Mayweather has been honored with Boxing Writers Association of America Fighter of the Year in 2007, 2013 and 2015.
- In 2015, Spike TV has awarded Mayweather with The Best Ever award.
- In 2016, Mayweather clutched three Guinness World Records: for most bouts undefeated by a world champion boxer in a career, highest career pay-per-view sales for a boxer and for most expensive boxing championship belt of $1 million.
- In 2008, Mayweather recorded a rap song titled “Yep” that he used for his entrance on WrestleMania XXIV in his match against Big Show.
- Mayweather owns a boxing gym called the “Mayweather Boxing Club” located in the Chinatown Plaza in Las Vegas.
- In 2017, he appeared on the fifth season of Dancing with the Stars with his partner Ukrainian-American professional ballroom dancer Karina Smirnoff. They were the fourth couple to be eliminated from the competition, finishing in ninth place.
- He has won the National Golden Gloves championship in 1993, 1994 and 1996 at 106 lb, 114 lb and 125 lb respectively.
- After a controversial decision, Floyd Mayweather, Jr. was awarded the bronze medal at the Atlanta 1996 Olympics in the featherweight (57 kg) category.
- Mayweather, Jr. is famous for his battery against women. On June 1, 2012, the boxer had reported to the Clark County Detention Center in Las Vegas for a 87-day term in jail for domestic abuse against his girlfriend and mother of his child, Josie Harris.
- Apart from boxing, Floyd Mayweather, Jr. has also shown interest in music and dance. He has appeared on the fifth season of Dancing with the Stars with Ukrainian-American professional ballroom-dancer Karina Smirnoff.
- Floyd Mayweather, Jr. was stripped of his WBO Welterweight Championship title at 147 lbs on July 6, 2015 for not complying with the regulations of the organization.