FKA Twigs is an English singer, songwriter, record producer, director and dancer. She became a backup dancer after moving to South London when she was 17 years old. She made her musical debut with the extended plays EP1 and EP2. Her debut studio album, LP1, was released in August 2014 to critical acclaim, peaking at number 16 on the UK Albums Chart and number 30 on the US Billboard 200. It was later nominated for the 2014 Mercury Prize. She released the M3LL155X EP in 2015 to further critical praise.
Tahliah Debrett Barnett
Singer, Songwriter, Music Producer, Dancer
Trip Hop, Experimental, Alternative R&B, Electronic, Indietronica
Vocals, Drums, Keyboards, Synthesizer
Young Turks, XL
Birthday / Date of Birth
FKA twigs was born on January 16, 1988, in Gloucestershire, England.
She’s currently 31 years old.
She has Jamaican ancestry on her father’s side, while she has partly English and Spanish ancestry on her mother’s side.
She attended St Edward’s School, Cheltenham, a private Catholic school. She came from a low-income family and her education at the school was paid for by an academic scholarship.
- Father – Was a jazz dancer.
- Mother – Was a dancer and gymnast.
- Siblings – Unknown
Boyfriend / Spouse
FKA twigs has dated –
- Robert Pattinson (2014-2017) – In July 2014, Twigs started dating fellow actor Robert Pattinson in July 2014. They got engaged in March 2015. They remained together for more than 2 years after the engagement and split in August 2017.
- Shia LaBeouf (2018-Present) – In September 2018, she was first seen with American actor Shia LaBeouf. In June 2019, it was reported that their relationship was on hold.
- In feet – 5 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 160 cm
- In meters – 1.60 m
- In Kilograms – 51 kg
- In Pounds – 112½ lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-34
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32A
She wears a size 6 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
In August 2012, Twigs was photographed for the cover of i-D magazine. Her catchy pop songs and whispery voice and album LP1.
She has appeared in several short films, the first one of which was in 2011 in 3-minute long, comedy film Beyonce Wants Groceries where she played the role as a dancer.
FKA Twigs released her first studio album LP1 on August 6, 2014 by Young Turks. The album received very good ratings and got placed at #16 at UK Albums Chart. She was able to sell 12,750 copies of the album in UK itself and 77,000 copies in US.
In 2014, she first appeared on the talk show Le grand journal de Canal+ as herself in an episode dated September 11, 2014.
She has not endorsed any of the brands.
FKA twigs Favorites
Her favorite things are unknown.
FKA twigs Net worth
FKA twigs has a estimated net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About FKA twigs
- She first started making music at the age of 16, while being a part of youth clubs.
- At 17, she moved to South London to pursue a career as a dancer.
- FKA Twigs met her biological father for the first time when she was 18.
- FKA Twigs once made a concept film for Google Glass. Check it out on YouTube.
- Twigs can be seen dancing in the music videos by famous artists Ed Sheeran, Jessie J, Kylie Minogue and Taio Cruz.
- In 2011, she appeared in a two-minute BBC comedy sketch titled Beyoncé Wants Groceries, in which she was a backup dancer in a supermarket.
- In August 2012, Twigs was photographed for the cover of i-D magazine.
- In August 2013, Twigs released the video for her first single, Water Me, on YouTube.
- In December 2013, she was nominated for the BBC’s Sound of 2014 prize, and she was chosen by Spotify for their Spotlight on 2014 list.
- In April 2014, Twigs appeared on the cover of The Fader for its 91st issue.
- In August 2014, Twigs was signed to London-based production company Academy Films as part of their A+ roster.
- In September 2014, LP1 was revealed as one of the nominees for the 2014 Mercury Prize.
- In 15 May 2015, on her official Instagram account, she posted a picture of men posing with jackets on that had an image of Twigs’ face from the Papi Pacify video with Twigs captioning the pic coming soon… <3, hinting at either FKA Twigs merchandise or EP3’s alleged release in the summer.
- In 18 February 2016, Twigs debuted a new song and music video titled Good to Love.
- In 9 July 2016, Twigs debuted a new stage show called Radiant Me² at Moscow’s Lastochka Festival, where she unveiled three previously unheard songs.
- In August 2016, the dance film Soundtrack 7 was premiered. Directed by Twigs, the film was created, performed and filmed on-site across seven days at Manchester International Festival in 2015.
- In May 2018, Twigs revealed on Instagram that she underwent surgery to remove fibroid tumors from her uterus in December 2017. She described her experience as living with a fruit bowl of pain every day and saluted the bravery of other women living with the condition.
- In 24 April 2019, FKA twigs released her single, Cellophane, her first release since Good To Love in 2016.
- Visit her official website @ fkatwi.gs.