Elena Goulding is an English singer and songwriter. Her career began when she met record producers Starsmith and Frankmusik and she was later spotted by Jamie Lillywhite, who later became her manager and A&R. After signing to Polydor Records in July 2009, Goulding released her debut extended play, An Introduction to Ellie Goulding later that year. In 2010, she became the second artist to top the BBC’s annual Sound of… poll and win the Critics’ Choice Award at the Brit Awards in the same year. In December 2015, she received her first Grammy Award nomination for Best Pop Solo Performance for her single Love Me like You Do.
Elena Jane Goulding
Dream Pop, Folktronica, Indie Pop, Indietronica, Synthpop
Vocals, Bass, Clarinet, Drums, Guitar, Mandolin, Keyboard, Percussion
Polydor, Neon Gold, Cherrytree, Interscope Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Ellie Goulding was born on the 30th of December 1986, in Lyonshall, Herefordshire, England.
She’s currently 36 years old.
Goulding attended Lady Hawkins’ High School in Kington and by the age of 15, started writing songs. She took A’levels in English, Politics, Drama and Music, passed the first 3 with “A” grades but failed Music. After enrolling on a degree in Drama and Theatre Studies at the University of Kent and remaining until her final year, she met Jamie Lillywhite who became her manager and introduced her to the producer Starsmith who would become her chief collaborator and the primary producer of Lights.
- Father – Arthur Goulding (He is from the family of undertakers)
- Mother – Tracey Goulding (née Clark) (Worked in a supermarket)
- Siblings – Ellie has 3 siblings– 1 brother and 2 sisters.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ellie Goulding has dated –
- Greg James (2009-2011) – British TV and radio presenter dated Ellie from 2009 to 2011.
- Skrillex (2012) – In 2012, a new couple alert came. American music producer, Dubstep DJ Skrillex hooked up with Ellie in February 2012. The relationship ended in October in the same year.
- Jeremy Irvine (2012-2013) – From November 2012 until August 2013, actor Jeremy and singer Ellie were together.
- Ed Sheeran (2013) – Another English singer, Ed Sheeran had a fling with Ellie when they both were seen holding hands of each other during MTV’s Video Music Awards 2013 nearing August 2013.
- Niall Horan (2013) – Niall and Ellie are fondly called as Nellie by media. They dated for 27 days when they first met during V Festival in August 2013. They called the relationship quits in September 2013.
- Dougie Poynter (2013-2016) – In December 2013, Ellie started dating McFly guitarist and vocalist, Dougie Poynter. They separated in February 2016 after dating for just more than 2 years.
- Bobby Rich (2016-2017) – In November 2016, Goulding started dating martial artist from Britain, Bobby Rich. They were thinking of moving in together in January 2017 but somehow split later in February 2017.
- Caspar Jopling (2017-Present) – In March 2017, Ellie was seen on a date with Team GB rower Caspar Jopling in Mayfair, West London. They had hooked up a bunch of times in the past. The couple was also seen at Princess Eugenie’s wedding with Jack Brooksbank in October 2018 at Windsor Castle, England. In August 2018, the couple publicly revealed their engagement.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 124 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 33C
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Ellie has won four BMI London Awards and two Brit Awards among other accolades. She has so far achieved 17 awards and 66 nominations, including a nomination at the 58th Grammy Awards.
On February 26, 2010, Goulding released her debut album Lights, by Polydor Records. The album is 36:51 minutes long with a total number of approx. 1.6 million sales worldwide.
Ellie had numerous guest appearances on TV shows. Her first one was in Later with Jools Holland in 2009 as herself in season #35 and episode 7.
Goulding was announced as the face of M.A.C. cosmetics in June 2015. She also announced that she would join the foundation in 2018 as a Goodwill Ambassador.
Ellie Goulding Net worth
Ellie Goulding has a estimated net worth of $30 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Ellie Goulding
- Instagram – elliegoulding
- Twitter – Ellie Goulding
- YouTube Channel – Ellie Goulding
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ellie Goulding
- Her parents separated when Ellie was five years old.
- She had worked hard since childhood. Ellie won the singing contest first time when she was in college.
- At 9, Goulding used to play the clarinet. At 14, she commenced learning and playing guitar.
- She started songwriting at 15.
- In April 7, 2011, she appeared on American television for the first time on Jimmy Kimmel Live! and performed Starry Eyed.
- In April 29, 2011, she sang a song on the occasion of Prince William Windsor and Kate Middleton‘s wedding at Buckingham Palace in London.
- Kanye West and Björk are her musical influences.
- In 2012, Goulding appeared on Fall into the Sky from Zedd’s debut album Clarity and on Calvin Harris’s song I Need Your Love which is included on Halcyonand also Harris’s album 18 Months.
- In 2013, she appeared on a track Mirror from the film The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
- In 2013, Goulding’s track How Long Will I Love You was the official single for the Children in Need campaign.
- In 2013, Ellie was announced as one of several new models for Marks & Spencer’s ‘Womanism’ campaign.
- She had also performed for Barack Obama and his family.
- In 7 September 2015, Goulding would be performing at the 2015 AFL Grand Final, along with Canadian musician Bryan Adamsand American musician Chris Isaak.
- In 19 August 2016, she released the song Still Falling For You for the soundtrack to the film Bridget Jones’s Baby and its music video premiered on 25 August 2016.
- In October 2017, Ellie was recognized with a Global Leadership Award by the United Nations Foundation for her environmental and social justice activism.
- In 2018, she joined Tap Management after almost a decade with First Access Management.
- On 29 June 2018, she appeared on a collaboration with Sean Paul on his Mad Love the Prequel EP titled Bad Love released .
- In 12 April 2019, Goulding released the single Sixteen.