Sia Furler is an Australian singer, songwriter and music video director. She started her career as a singer in the acid jazz band Crisp in the mid 1990s in Adelaide. In 1997, when Crisp disbanded she released her debut studio album titled OnlySee in Australia. In 2014, Sia finally broke through as a solo recording artist when her sixth studio album, 1000 Forms of Fear, debuted at No 1 in the U.S. Billboard 200 and generated the top-ten single Chandelier and a trilogy of music videos starring child dancer Maddie Ziegler. In 2016, she released her seventh studio album This Is Acting, which spawned her first Billboard Hot 100 number one single, Cheap Thrills. Sia has received an array of accolades including ARIA Awards, an MTV Video Music Award and nine nominations for Grammy Awards.
Sia Kate Isobelle Furler
Alternative Rock, Downtempo, Pop, Dance, Trip Hop, Jazz, Acid Jazz
RCA Records, Dance Pool, Go! Beat, Hear, Atlantic, Inertia, RCA
Birthday / Date of Birth
Sia Furler was born on the 18th of December 1975, in Adelaide, South Australia, Australia.
She’s currently 47 years old.
Sia attended North Adelaide Primary School and Adelaide High School and Olivet Nazarene University and finally graduated in 1994.
- Father – Phil B. Colson (Served as musician in various bands)
- Mother – Loene Furler (Singer, songwriter, musician, art lecturer)
- Siblings – Unknown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sia Furler has dated –
- J.D. Samson (2008-2011) – American musician Jocelyn Rachel “JD” Samson and Sia were romantically linked to each other for three years.
- Erik Anders Lang (2014-2016) – In 2014, Sia started dating documentary filmmaker Erik Anders Lang and got engaged on June 6, 2014. On August 2, 2014, she married him at her home in Palm Springs, California. They split up in December 2016.
- In feet – 5 feet 4½ inches
- In centimeters – 164 cm
- In meters – 1.64 m
- In Kilograms – 62 kg
- In Pounds – 137 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 33A
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Her single Chandelier from the album 1000 Forms of Fear released in 2014. The single charted at #2 in Australia, #1 in France, #8 in US, #6 in Canada, Denmark and UK.
In 2005, Sia appeared in the romantic comedy film, Piccadilly Jim for her role as New York Bar Singer.
In 1997, Furler released her debut album OnlySee via Flavoured Records label. The trip hop album consisted of 13 singles giving it a total length of about 52 minutes.
Sia Furler Net worth
Sia Furler has a estimated net worth of $30 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sia Furler
- Her father is into music while her mother is an art lecturer.
- Her mom also provided backing vocals for Mount Lofty Rangers.
- Furler is the niece of Kevin Colson, Australian film and TV actor.
- Sia’s parents were both in the Adelaide rockabilly band, The Soda Jerx.
- She has a pet dog named, Pantera.
- She is a vegetarian and had appeared in a PETA Asia-Pacific with her pet dog to promote pet neutering.
- She has a lovely snaggletooth. She actually was given a choice by her parents either to get the teeth fixed or study in Italy for a year. She chose the second option and now feels glad about that choice.
- In May 2009, Sia released TV Is My Parent on DVD, which includes a live concert at New York’s Hiro Ballroom, four music videos and behind-the-scene footage.
- In June 2010, Furler released her fifth studio album, We Are Born. The release peaked at No. 2 on the ARIA Albums Chart and was certified gold by the Australian Recording Industry Association.
- In 2011, she was a guest mentor on The Voice US.
- In October 2013, Sia released Elastic Heart featuring The Weeknd and Diplo for the soundtrack of the American film The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013).
- In 2014, Furler contributed to the soundtrack to the 2014 film adaptation of the Broadway musical Annie.
- In June 2016, Sia gave a concert at Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Colorado, featuring Ziegler.
- She penned Kylie Minogue‘s song S*xercise, Rihanna‘s Hit Diamonds, Lea Michele‘s Cannonball and numerous others.
- She is friends with singers like Christina Aguilera, Elisha Cuthbert, Gwen Stefani, Katy Perry, Beyonce, Girls’ Zosia Mamet and several others.
- In 2018, Furler collaborated with English musician Labrinth and American DJ/record producer Diplo, under the name LSD, to release four songs.