Eddie Redmayne is an English actor. Redmayne began his professional acting career as a youth in West End theatre, before making his screen debut in 1998 with guest television appearances. His first film roles came in 2006 with Like Minds and The Good Shepherd and he went on to play supporting roles in several films. His film breakthrough came with the roles of Colin Clark in the biographical drama My Week with Marilyn and Marius Pontmercy in Tom Hooper’s musical Les Misérables. In 2014, Redmayne portrayed Stephen Hawking in The Theory of Everything, winning the Academy Award for Best Actor. In 2016, he began starring as Newt Scamander in the Fantastic Beasts film series. In 2018, Redmayne starred in the stop-motion animated film Early Man and reprised his role as Newt Scamander in Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.
Edward John David Redmayne
Birthday / Date of Birth
Eddie Redmayne was born on 6th of January 1982, in London, England, UK.
He’s currently 37 years old.
He has English, Irish, Scottish and Welsh ancestry.
Redmayne attended Eaton House, Colet Court and then Eton College in Eton, Berkshire where he was in the same year as Prince William. He went on to read History of Art at Trinity College, Cambridge from where he graduated with 2:1 Honours in 2003.
- Father – Richard Redmayne (Businessman)
- Mother – Patricia Redmayne (Burke) (Runs a relocation business)
- Siblings – Charlie Redmayne (Older Half-Brother) (HarperCollins UK CEO), Thomas Redmayne (Younger Brother), James Redmayne (Older Brother), Annabel Redmayne (Half-Sister)
- Relatives – Richard Redmayne (Paternal Great-Grandfather) (Civil and mining engineer), John Marriner Redmayne (Paternal Grandfather), Audrey Mercedes D’Alton (Paternal Grandmother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Eddie Redmayne has dated –
- Carey Mulligan (2011) – In January 2011, the actors Carey Mulligan and Eddie were photographed walking arm in arm and hence were rumored to be dating together.
- Hannah Bagshawe (2012-Present) – He started dating Hannah Bagshawe in July 2012. He met her when he modeled at a charity event at a local girls school in Eton. In May 31, 2014, the couple announced their engagement in The Times. Their marriage happened on December 15, 2014 at Babington House in Somerset.
- In feet – 5 feet 11.5 inches
- In centimeters – 181.5 cm
- In meters – 1.81 m
- In Kilograms – 76 kg
- In Pounds – 167½ lbs
His shoe size is 11 (US).
Portraying Anthony Babington in the 2007 film Elizabeth: The Golden Age, as Marius Pontmercy in the 2012 epic romantic musical historical drama film Les Misérables, as Stephen Hawking in the 2014 film The Theory of Everything.
In 2006, Eddie Redmayne made his acting debut playing Alex Forbes in an Australian thriller film, Like Minds.
In 1998, he appeared in the children’s book series Animal Ark for his role as John Hardy in an episode titled Bunnies in the Bathroom.
In 2002, he made his first appearance on stage at the Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre playing the role of Viola from Twelfth Night.
In August 2014, he was appointed ambassador of film education charity Into Film.
Eddie Redmayne Favorites
- Favorite Film – Rust and Bone (2012), Blue Valentine (2010), My Summer Of Love (2004), The Dark Knight (2008)
- Favorite Song In Les Miserables – On My Own by Samantha Barks
- Favorite Band – Johnny Flynn, Jack Peñate, Marcus Foster, Michael Kiwanuka
- Favorite Color – IKB-International Klein Blue
- Favorite Fragrance – Tom Ford’s Black Orchid
Eddie Redmayne Net worth
Eddie Redmayne has an estimated net worth of $4 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Portfolio
He is not on social media.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Eddie Redmayne
- Eddie started his professional career in 1992 (at the age of 10) by appearing in the musical Oliver.
- He has worked with models like Alex Pettyfer and Cara Delevingne.
- In 2009, Redmayne appeared in John Logan’s new play Red at the Donmar Warehouse in London, for which he won the 2010 Olivier Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role.
- In 2011 he starred as filmmaker Colin Clark in the drama film My Week with Marilyn. He took on the role of Marius Pontmercy for the 2012 musical film Les Misérables.
- In September 2012, he was featured on the International Best Dressed List by Vanity Fair.
- In 2014, he starred as Stephen Hawking in The Theory of Everything, a role for which he won the Academy Award, BAFTA, Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild Award for Best Actor, depicting the debilitating challenges of ALS.
- In August 2014, he was appointed an ambassador of film education charity Into Film.
- In 2015, he was named number one in GQ’s 50 best dressed British men.
- In 2016, Redmayne starred as Newt Scamander in the film adaptation of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, the first of a series within the Wizarding World of the Harry Potter film series, with a screenplay by J. K. Rowling.
- In February 2016, Redmayne spoke out for homeless LGBT youth in Los Angeles.
- His idols are Ralph Fiennes and Mark Rylance.
- In 2018, Redmayne starred in the stop-motion animated film Early Man and reprised his role as Newt Scamander in Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.