Doja Cat is an american singer-songwriter, rapper and producer. In March 2018, she has made the leap to International fame with the release of her debut album Amala. She has been in the pop scene since and is well-known for the music video for her song So High and Mooo!. Doja has received numerous accolades throughout her career, including one Grammy Award from sixteen nominations, five Billboard Music Awards, five American Music Awards, and three MTV Video Music Awards.
Amala Ratna Zandile Dlamini
Hip hop, R&B, Pop, Psychedelic
MAU Records, RCA Records
Singer, Songwriter, Rapper, Producer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Doja Cat was born on the 21st of October 1995, in Tarzana, Los Angeles, California, United States.
She is currently 27 years old.
Los Angeles, California, United States
She has South African and Jewish-American ancestry.
Her educational information isn’t available.
- Father – Dumisani Dlamini (Actor, Composer, Film Producer)
- Mother – Deborah Elizabeth Sawyer (Painter)
- Siblings – She has one brother.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Doja Cat has dated –
Doja has managed to keep her love life under wraps and away from the public eye. Hence, it is difficult to ascertain anything about her past and present relationships.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 125 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 33D
She is naturally black but often tends to dye her hair with various shades of colors.
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Doja subsequently became known for creating music videos and songs that achieve popularity on social media apps like TikTok.
In March 30, 2018, Cat released her first studio album Amala. It contained hit singles Roll with Us and Go to Town.
Doja Cat Net worth
Doja Cat has an estimated net worth of $4 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Doja Cat
- Doja adopted her stage name from the slang word of dojo which means weed, along with her love for cats.
- She considers Erykah Badu, Pharrell, Jamiroquai, PartyNextDoor and Drake as her inspirations.
- In 2017, she was featured on L8LOOMER’s single Right Side which was included in his debut album Soulm8s.
- Doja started her music career by releasing covers and original tracks on Soundcloud and YouTube which helped her to gain traction among the music lovers.
- In August 10, 2018, Cat released a song titled Mooo! on YouTube. The song quickly became a viral music video, due to the fact that it doubled as a meme, as she stated when featuring in a Genius (website) YouTube video.
- In October 3, 2019, she released Bottom Bitch which was dubbed the lead single from her sophomore album.
- In January 28, 2020, she song Say So was sent to radio becoming the fourth single off of her album Hot Pink.
- In March 25, 2020, Cat was set to embark on the Hot Pink Tour, before it was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In May 21, 2020, she featured on a remix of Canadian singer The Weeknd’s single In Your Eyes from his fourth studio album After Hours.
- In May 29, 2020, Doja featured on the song Shimmy by American rapper Lil Wayne which appeared on the deluxe edition of his album Funeral.
- In June 2020, Doja Cat donated $100,000 to the Justice for Breonna Taylor Fund, in support of Taylor’s family.
- On January 7, 2021, Doja Cat was featured on the single Best Friend by rapper Saweetie, and appeared in the accompanying music video.
- In 2021, she was placed on Time‘s 100 Next list, which highlights 100 emerging figures, with her write-up being penned by American rapper Lil Nas X.
- In May 2021, Cat won the award for Top Female R&B Artist at the 2021 Billboard Music Awards, where she performed Kiss Me More with SZA.
- In February 2022, she released a cover of the song Celebrity Skin by American rock band Hole, as part of a Taco Bell commercial in which she starred, and premiered it at the Super Bowl LVI.
- In July 2022, Doja experienced a texting privacy breach scandal with actor Noah Schnapp regarding actor Joseph Quinn.