Disha Vakani is an Indian actress who rose to popularity with her portrayal of the character named Daya Jethalal Gada in SAB TV’s long-running family comedy sitcom, Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah. Disha has also been cast in several other on-screen projects including Resham Dankh, Instant Khichdi, Aahat, Jodhaa Akbar, Love Story 2050, Phool Aur Aag, Kamsin: The Untouched, Mangal Pandey: The Rising, and Devdas.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Disha Vakani was born on the 17th of September 1978, in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.
She’s currently 44 years old.
She is of Gujarati descent.
Disha attended Gujarat College in Ahmedabad and graduated in Dramatics.
- Father – Bhim Vakani
- Mother – Unknown
- Sibling – Mayur Vakani (Brother) (Actor)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Disha Vakani has dated –
- Mayur Padia (2015-Present) – On 24 November 2015, Dharti married a Mumbai-based chartered accountant named Mayur Padia. On 27 November 2017, the couple became parents to a baby girl, Stuti Padia. On 24 May 2022, the couple became parents again to a baby boy.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 33-26-34
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Disha became for playing the role of Daya Jethalal Gada on the sitcom Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah (2008-Present).
In 1997, Vakani made her Bollywood debut with Kamsin: The Untouched as a lead actress.
In 2002, Disha made her debut TV show appearance as Nurse in Khichdi, alongside the likes of actors Anang Desai and Supriya Pathak.
Disha Vakani Net worth
Disha Vakani has an estimated net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2022.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram –disha.vakani
Some Lesser Known Facts About Disha Vakani
- Disha belongs to a Gujarati family.
- She started her career as a stage actress in Gujarati theatre like Kamal Patel v/s Dhamal Patel and Lali Lila.
- She is famous for her role of Daya Jethalal Gada.
- In 2002, she played the role of Sakhi in the romantic drama film, Devdas, starring Shah Rukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, and Madhuri Dixit.
- In 2008, Vakani has played the lead role of Dayaben Gada in SAB TV’s sitcom Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah.
- Her brother Mayur Vakani is also an actor and portraying the role of Sundar Lal (Daya’s brother) in Tarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah.
- Disha’s parents were also a part of the Tarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah. They played the relatives to Champaklal Gada (Mauji and her wife) in a show.
- In 2008, Disha appeared as Madhavi in the historical romance film, Jodhaa Akbar, starring Hrithik Roshan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Sonu Sood, Kulbhushan Kharbanda, and Ila Arun.