D’banj is a Nigerian musician, singer-songwriter, entrepreneur and television personality. He has won several music awards, including the awards for Best African Act at the MTV Europe Music Awards 2007, Artist of the Year at the MTV Africa Music Awards 2009, Best International Act: Africa at the 2011 BET Awards and Best-selling African Artist at the 2014 World Music Awards, Evolution award at the 2015 MTV Africa Music awards.
Oladapo Daniel Oyebanjo
D’banj, Dbanj, Kokomaster, Bangalee
Singer, Songwriter, Entrepreneur, Television Personality
Birthday / Date of Birth
D’banj was born on 9 June 1980, in Zaria, Kaduna State, Nigeria.
He’s currently 39 years old.
His ancestry is Nigerian and African.
D’banj attended the Nigerian Military School Zaria at the age of eleven years old but dropped out after three year. He then enrolled at the Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Ibara, Abeokuta where he completed his secondary school education. In 1999, D’Banj enrolled at the Lagos State University to study Mechanical Engineering, but dropped out in pursuit of his musical career.
- Father – Unknown (Military Officer)
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Femi Oyebanjo (Older Brother) (Died in a plane crash at age 17)
Girlfriend / Spouse
D’banj has dated –
- Lineo Didi Kilgrow (2016-Present) – D’banj married Lineo Didi Kilgrow on June 2, 2016. Together, they had a son named Daniel III (born in May 2017), who died from drowning in a pool at Dbanj’s home in Ikoyi, Lagos on June 25, 2018. At the time of the incident, D’banj and his wife wasn’t in the country as he was attending the BET Awards in Los Angeles.
- In feet – 5 feet 9.5 inches
- In centimeters – 176 cm
- In meters – 1.76 m
- In Kilograms – 70 kg
- In Pounds – 154 lbs
D’banj is best known internationally for his 2012 summer hit “Oliver Twist”, an uptempo dance fusion of Afrobeat and electronic dance music that topped the African charts 2011 and was a top 10 hit in the UK singles chart in 2012 reaching No. 2 on the UK R&B chart.
D’banj released his debut studio album titled ‘No Long Thing’ in 2005. The album spawned hit singles like ‘Tongolo’, ‘Socor‘ and ‘Mobolowowon‘ as well as earned him a ‘Best Newcomer’ award at the 2006 Channel O Music Video Awards. Since then, he has released three studio albums, RunDown Funk U Up (2006), The Entertainer (2008) and King Don Come (2017).
In August 2009, Dbanj made his debut appearance in television with his own reality show, Koko Mansion.
He has done endorsement work for Power Fist, Globacom, SLOT, Beats by Dre, among others. In 2015, he was made the official African Ambassador for Ciroc Nigeria.
His favorite things are unknown.
D’banj Net worth
D’banj has a net worth of $34 million dollars as of 2019. He charges $35,000 upwards for local appearances whereas it goes higher when it comes to international performances. He lives in lavish mansion in Ikoyi, Lagos, He owns $70,000 Toyota Prado Jeeps, $320,000 dollar Bentley and a $240,000 Aston Martin Vantage.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About D’banj
- He adopted the stage name D’banj, a combination of his first name and his last name.
- D’banj was introduced to the harmonica by his late older brother, Femi Oyebanjo, who died in a plane crash at age seventeen.
- His mentor is Fela Anikulapo Kuti.
- D’Banj has worked with Snoop Dogg, Kanye, Jay Z, Kid Cudi, LA Reid, Tinie Tempah, Idris Alba, Gucci Mane among others.
- D’banj’s first major performance was a 15 minutes set at the 2004 edition of the Nigerian Independence day concert in London.
- He has his own recording label called DB Records.
- He has won over 30 awards in his short musical career including, Best Male; MTV Africa Music Awards (2008), Best International Act Africa; BET Awards (2011), and Best African Act MOBO Awards (2012).
- D’ban was named Nigeria’s first United Nations Youth Ambassador for Peace.
- He has appeared in Kanye West’s short film, Cruel Summers.
- Visit her official website @ dbanjrecords.com.