Cara Buono is an American actress. Her roles include Dr. Faye Miller in the fourth season of the AMC drama series Mad Men, Kelli Moltisanti in the sixth season of The Sopranos, Linda Salvo in the 2006 comedy Artie Lange’s Beer League and Karen Wheeler in the horror sci-fi Netflix original series Stranger Things. She has appeared in such films as Hulk and Let Me In. She is active on social media where she has more than 1 million followers on Instagram and over 100k followers on Twitter.
Actress, Screenwriter, Director
Birthday / Date of Birth
Cara Buono was born on 1st of March 1971, in The Bronx, New York, United States.
She is currently 48 years old.
Greenwich Village, New York, United States
She is of Italian descent.
Buono attended Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School and is a 1995 graduate of Columbia University with a double major in English and political science. She earned her degree in three years.
- Father – Anthony Buono
- Mother – Rosemary Buono
- Siblings – Unknown
Girlfriend / Spouse
Cara Buono has dated –
- Peter Thum (2010-Present) – Cara is married to an entrepreneur, businessman and founder of Ethos Water, Peter Thum. They parent a daughter. It was reported in August 2010 that the family was living in New York City’s Greenwich Village. They have often been spotted together at several public events including the 2017 Emmy awards. Cara also keeps her fans busy by sharing adorable pictures with her daughter on Instagram.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Playing various roles in popular TV shows as Dr. Faye Miller in the 4th season of the AMC drama series Mad Men, Kelli Moltisanti in the 6th season of The Sopranos, Linda Salvo in the 2006 comedy Artie Lange’s Beer League and Karen Wheeler in the 2016 horror sci-fi Netflix original series Stranger Things.
In 1992, She made her theatrical film debut as Dawn in the action drama sports film Gladiator.
In 1989, Cara made her first television show appearance as Joann in the drama series Dream Street.
She has appeared in the TV commercials for Massengill Douche & Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (2009). Cara has promoted brands like Liberty United and In-N-Out Burger through her Instagram account.
Cara Buono Favorites
- Favorite Actors – James Gandolfini, Michael Imperioli
- Favorite Destinations – Italy, Bhutan
- Favorite Place To Hangout – Wallse, La Pizza Fresca, Bunker Club
- Favorite Books – F. Scott Fitzgerald’s This Side of Paradise
- Favorite Fashion Designers – Valentino, Suno, Armani, J. Mendel, Jason Wu, Stella McCartney
Cara Buono Net worth
Cara Buono has an estimated net worth of $10 million dollars as of 2019. She has appeared in several films including Gladiator, Kicking and Screaming, Next Stop Wonderland, Hulk, Let Me In, Paper Towns, All Saints and more. Buono won a Screen Actors Guild Award for Stranger Things in 2017 and has been nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award and a Primetime Emmy Award.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Cara Buono
- She has participated in 3 New York City Marathons in 1998, 1999 and 2005. She was also going to run the 2006 New York City Marathon but had to cancel it about a week before due to an injury.
- In 1989, Buono got her first screen role, on ‘NBC’s drama series Dream Street. She received a Daytime Emmy Award nomination for her performance in an episode of the CBS Schoolbreak Special titled Abby, My Love.
- In 1997, Buono directed a short film titled Baggage, starring Minnie Driver and Liev Schreiber, which had its world premiere at the Edinburgh International Film Festival.
- She got her first role at the age of 11 after successfully auditioning for an ad for Harvey Fierstein’s Spookhouse and she made her acting debut in Harvey Fierstein’s play Spookhouse at the age of 12.
- She is a certified yoga teacher. She loves cycling and swimming.
- In 1992, Buono made her movie debut with Stephen Gyllenhaal’s British mystery Waterland, alongside Ethan Hawke.
- She starred in the final season of the NBC drama Third Watch (1999) as paramedic Grace Foster and Ang Lee’s adaptation of Marvel Comics’ Hulk in 2003 as the mother of the title character’s alter ego, Bruce Banner.
- In 2007, Buono continued working on some of the most popular shows on air, such as Law & Order, Queens Supreme and The Dead Zone. The last one was based on a Stephen King novel.
- She is fond of cooking and reading recipes.
- In 2010, Matthew Weiner created the role of psychologist Dr. Faye Miller, which was to be introduced in the fourth season of the widely popular period drama Mad Men.
- In 2011, she appeared as Dr. Faye Miller in the fourth season of the AMC drama series Mad Men, for which she received an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series.
- In 2016, something unexpected happened in Buono’s life. The Netflix original series Stranger Things became a cultural phenomenon upon its release in July.