Austin Nichols is an American actor and director. He is known for his role as Julian Baker in The CW drama series One Tree Hill. He is also known for his roles in the films The Day After Tomorrow and Wimbledon. He starred as John Monad in the HBO drama series John from Cincinnati and portrayed Spencer Monroe in the AMC horror drama series The Walking Dead.
Austin Don Nichols
Birthday / Date of Birth
Austin Nichols was born on the 24th of April 1980, in Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States.
He’s currently 40 years old.
Los Angeles, California, United States
He is of Dutch, English, Swiss-German, Irish, Scottish, German and distant Welsh descent.
Austin was raised near Lake Austin and attended Casis Elementary School. He completed his high school education at McCallum High School. Austin then joined the University of Southern California, after he moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career in acting. Austin graduated with a degree in BA English in 2002.
- Father – David Nichols (Radiologist)
- Mother – Kay Vermeulen Nichols (Professional Trick Water Skier)
- Siblings – Ashley Nichols (Older Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Austin Nichols has dated –
- Claire Oswalt (1997-2004) – in 1997, Austin started dating Austin-based artist Claire Oswalt. They were also engaged for a short while. However, things did not work out between them and they decided to break off their engagement in 2004.
- Sophia Bush (2006-2012) – Austin was in an on and off relationship with Sophia for 6 years. Sophia is an American actress, director, spokesperson and activist from California. Sophia and Austin were co-stars in the television show One Tree Hill. The couple broke up in February 2012.
- Chloe Bennet (2013-2017) – In 2013, Austin began dating American actress and singer Chloe. They had flaunted their affection on social media but they drifted apart. After dating for 4 years, they split up in July 2017.
- In feet – 6 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 191 cm
- In meters – 1.91 m
- In Kilograms – 86 kg
- In Pounds – 190 lbs
- Measurements – 41–13–32
- Chest – 41 in or 104 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 13 in or 33 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
Austin is best known for his role as Julian Baker in The CW drama series One Tree Hill. He is also known for his roles in the films The Day After Tomorrow and Wimbledon.
In 1999, Austin made his film debut as Sammy in the action comedy-drama adventure film Durango Kids directed by Ashton Root.
In 1999, Austin made his television show debut as Seth in The Great Work episode of the TV series, Sliders which was broadcast on Fox.
Austin Nichols Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Johnny Depp
- Favorite Actress – Julia Roberts
- Favorite Singer – Bob Dylan
- Favorite TV Show – Arrested Development, Six Feet Under, The Office and John From Cincinnati
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Fast Food
Austin Nichols Net worth
Austin Nichols has an estimated net worth of $5 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Austin Nichols
- Instagram – austinnichols
- Twitter – Austin Nichols
Some Lesser Known Facts About Austin Nichols
- Austin decided to become an actor when he was 15 years old.
- Austin managed to acquire a manager and began his acting career after he gate-crashed a party at the Sundance Film Festival.
- Austin got his big break when he starred as Brenda Chenowith’s lover in 2 episodes of Six Feet Under.
- He represented the U.S. in many junior level water skiing competitions including Pan-American Championship and Junior Olympics.
- In 2002, he appeared as Brenda Chenowith’s lover in two episodes of Six Feet Under.
- In 2005, Austin made his acting with the film, Thanks to Gravity in which he played the role of Alex Ford.
- In 2007, he starred as John Monad in the drama series, John from Cincinnati which was aired on HBO.
- In 2010, Austin played the role as Bomb Disposal Expert in the film, Unthinkable directed by Gregor Jordan.
- In 2013, he landed the role of Tommy Wheeler in the Showtime series, Ray Donovan.
- In 2015, he portrayed Spencer Monroe in the AMC horror drama series, The Walking Dead.
- In 2018, he made his acting as Dent Paxton in historic-drama film, The Iron Orchard co-written, co-produced and directed by Ty Roberts.
- In 2019, Austin played the role as Ethan in the drama television series, The Village which was broadcast on NBC.