Angelique Kerber is a German professional tennis player. A former world No. 1 and winner of three Grand Slam tournaments, she made her professional debut in 2003 and rose to prominence upon reaching the semifinals of the 2011 US Open as the No. 92 ranked player in the world. Kerber has won 12 career singles titles across all surfaces on the WTA Tour, including the aforementioned three Grand Slam titles: the 2016 Australian Open, the 2016 US Open and the 2018 Wimbledon Championships. She has also won an Olympic silver medal while representing Germany at the 2016 Rio Olympics. Kerber is currently ranked world No. 6 as of 10 June 2019.
Kerber, Aki, Angie
Professional Tennis Player
Left-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
She holds dual German & Polish citizenship.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Angelique Kerber was born on January 18, 1988, in Bremen, West Germany.
She’s currently 31 years old.
Angelique is of Polish descent.
Her educational background is currently unavailable.
- Father – Slawomir Kerber
- Mother – Beata Kerber (née Rzeźnik)
- Siblings – Jessica Kerber (Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Angelique Kerber has dated –
- Torben Beltz – Angelique Kerber was rumored to be dating her longtime coach Torben Beltz, but neither of them has confirmed the relationship. The rumors died down after Kerber switched to a new coach in 2017.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 73 kg
- In Pounds – 161 lbs
- Measurements – 35-26-35
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32E
She wears a size 9.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Becoming the #1 women tennis player in the world as per WTA Ranking which she achieved on September 12, 2016 and for winning 2016 Australian and 2016 US Open Grand Slam tournaments.
Angelique didn’t appear in any of the films.
Angelique first appeared in the TV Series documentary Das aktuelle Sportstudio in 2012 as herself in an episode dated July 7, 2012.
Grand Slam Debut
In 2007, she made her debut in Grand Slams by competing in the French Open.
Grand Slam Singles Wins
Kerber achieved her first ever grand slam title in 2016. At Australian Open, she beat players such as Victoria Azarenka in the quarterfinal, Johanna Konta in the semifinal and American player Serena Williams in the final.
Kerber has endorsement deals with Adidas, her clothing and shoe sponsor and Yonex, her racquet sponsor. In early 2015, she became global ambassador of Stuttgart car manufacturer Porsche. In late 2016 she signed a deal with insurance group Generali. In late 2016, she became beauty ambassador for the US cosmetics company Bare Minerals, a Shiseido brand. In 2017, she became the global brand ambassador for Australian health snack brand Slim Secrets and signed with both the Swiss luxury watchmaker Rolex and the software corporation SAP. Kerber has also been named ambassador for children’s charity UNICEF.
Angelique Kerber Favorites
- Favorite Actors – Julia Roberts, Cameron Diaz, Reese Witherspoon
- Favorite Tournaments – Indian Wells
- Favorite Grand Slam Tournament – Australian Open
- Favorite Sports – Swimming, Formula 1, Soccer
- Favorite Color – Blue
- Favorite Song – Kiss Me (By Ed Sheeran)
Angelique Kerber Net worth
Angelique Kerber has a estimated net worth of $30 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Angelique Kerber
- Instagram – angie.kerber
- Twitter – Angelique Kerber
Some Lesser Known Facts About Angelique Kerber
- She began her pursuit of becoming a tennis player at the age of three.
- She is born right-handed but she plays with the left hand.
- She speaks German, English and Polish fluently.
- As a kid, Kerber idolized the legendary female tennis player Steffi Graf.
- Kerber had her professional debut in 2003.
- In 2007, Angelique Kerber made her Grand Slam debut by competing in the main draw at the French Open. However, she lost in the opening round. She met the same fate at Wimbledon and later at the US Open that season.
- In 2008, she scored her first Grand Slam win at the Australian Open against Maret Ani. However, she lost in the next round. Her other Grand Slam appearances that year weren’t successful either. Nonetheless, Kerber managed to win two ITF titles that year.
- In 2011, she managed to reach her first Grand Slam semifinal by defeating Flavia Pennetta in the US Open. After her impressive wins, she was ranked at No. 34 at the end of the tournament and at No. 32 by the year’s end.
- In 2012, she won the Fed Cup for Germany against Czech Republic along with fellow German players, Sabine Lisicki, Julia Görges and Anna-Lena Grönefeld. She also won her first WTA title at the Open GDF Suez after defeating Marion Bartoli in 2012.
- She started training herself in the tennis academy Angie in 2012 which was specially made by her maternal grandfather.
- In 2012, Kerber moved to Puszczykowo, Poland. There her maternal grandfather owned an indoor tennis facility.
- In 2013, she managed to reach the fourth round of the Australian, French and US Opens.
- In 2014, she managed to reach the fourth rounds of the Australian and French Opens again but did not progress further. In Wimbledon, she defeated Maria Sharapova to reach the quarters, but her journey was stopped by Eugenie Bouchard.
- In 2015, she suffered a shocking loss to Irina-Camelia Begu in the first round of the Australian Open. Her rankings slipped and touched double digits. She fought back and won her fourth WTA title at the Family Circle Cup.
- In 2016, she managed to make headlines with her performance at the first Grand Slam tournament of the year, the Australian Open.
- She won the silver medal for Germany in Singles at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio, Brazil.
- In 2018, she managed to win her first title since 2016 at the Sydney International where she defeated Ashleigh Barty. She also fared well at the Australian Open and reached the semifinals, only to lose against Simona Halep. Her rankings rose, and she re-entered the top 10.
- In 2019, she reached the quarterfinals of the Australian Open before being defeated by Danielle Collins in straight sets. She is currently gearing to play in the upcoming majors and WTA tournaments.
- Visit Angelique’s official website @ angelique-kerber.de.