Alexis Bledel is an American actress and model. She is best known for her role as Rory Gilmore on the television series Gilmore Girls, for which she received nominations for Satellite, Teen Choice and Young Artist Awards. In 2016, Alexis reprised her role on the Netflix reunion miniseries Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life.
In 2017, Alexis has appeared in the Hulu drama series The Handmaid’s Tale. For her work on the series, she received the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series and an additional nomination in the Supporting Actress category.
Kimberly Alexis Bledel
Actress, Model, Producer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Alexis Bledel was born on the 16th of September 1981, in Houston, Texas, United States.
She’s currently 38 years old.
She is of Danish, distant German, Scottish, English, Argentine descent on her father’s side.
Alexis attended Catholic St. Agnes Academy in Houston. Apart from this she attended Baptist and Lutheran schools (St. Mark’s Lutheran Middle School). Later, she attended New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts for a year.
- Father – Martin Bledel
- Mother – Nanette (née Dozier) (Worked as a gift processor and flight attendant)
- Siblings – Eric David Bledel (Younger Brother)
- Relatives – Enrique Einar Bledel Huus (Paternal Grandfather) (Hails from Argentina) (Vice President of Coca-Cola Latin America), Jean (Campbell) (Paternal Grandmother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Alexis Bledel has dated –
- Milo Ventimiglia (2002-2006) – In December 2002, Gilmore Girls co-stars, Milo Ventimiglia and Alexis Bledel started dating after meeting on the set of television show Gilmore Girls. The ON screen relationship lasted for three and a half years OFF screen as well. They finally broke up in May 2006.
- John Paul (2010-2011) – In September 2010 to 2011, British model John Paul dated Alexis for a couple of months.
- Vincent Kartheiser (2012-Present) – In April 2012, Bledel began dating Vincent Kartheiser whose character, Pete Campbell, shared scenes with her character Beth Dawes, during her guest-starring run on Mad Men. The couple announced their engagement in March 2013 and married in California, in June 2014. In May 2015, it was revealed that Bledel gave birth to their first child, a son, in the fall of 2015.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.7 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 34-25-34
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
Dark Brown (Natural)
She likes to dye them blonde.
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Alexis is best known for her role as Rory Gilmore on the television series, Gilmore Girls for which she received nominations for Satellite, Teen Choice and Young Artist Awards. In 2005, she is identified by her role as Lena Kaligaris in the movie, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.
In 1998, Alexis appeared as a student in the comedy-drama film, Rushmore. As this was a minor role, it is Uncredited.
In 2000, Alexis appeared in the American comedy-drama series, Gilmore Girls for her lead role as Rory Gilmore.
In 2000, Alexis Bledel appeared Endorsements in a print advert in the Naturistics Lip Gloss & Bonne Bell Chapstick.
Awards & Nominations
|2001||Young Artist Awards||Best Performance in a TV Drama Series – Leading Young Actress||Gilmore Girls||Won|
|Teen Choice Awards||TV – Choice Actress||Nominated|
|2002||TV – Choice Drama Actress||Nominated|
|Young Artist Awards||Best Performance in a TV Drama Series – Supporting Young Actress||Nominated|
|OFTA Television Award||Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series||Nominated|
|Family Television Awards||Best Actress||Won|
|2003||Saturn Awards||Best Performance by a Younger Actor||Tuck Everlasting||Nominated|
|Satellite Awards||Best Performance by an Actress in a Series, Comedy or Musical||Gilmore Girls||Nominated|
|2004||Teen Choice Awards||TV – Choice Comedy Actress||Nominated|
|2005||TV – Choice Comedy Actress||Won|
|Choice TV Chemistry||Nominated|
|Choice Movie Love Scene||The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants||Nominated|
|Movie – Choice Drama Actress||Nominated|
|2006||TV – Choice Comedy Actress||Gilmore Girls||Won|
|Choice TV Chemistry||Nominated|
|ALMA Awards||Outstanding Actress in a Television Series||Nominated|
|Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards||Best Acting Ensemble||Sin City||Nominated|
|2012||Gold Derby TV Awards||Drama Guest Actress||Mad Men||Won|
|2017||Primetime Emmy Awards||Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series||The Handmaid’s Tale||Won|
|Gold Derby TV Awards||Drama Guest Actress||Won|
|OFTA Television Awards||Best Guest Actress in a Drama Series||Won|
|2018||Primetime Emmy Awards||Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series||Nominated|
Alexis Bledel Favorites
- Favorite Movie – Wings of the Dove (1997), The Secret Garden (1993), The Little Princess (1939)
- Favorite TV Show – That ’70s Show (1998-2006), Ed (2000-2004)
- Favorite Band – Evanescence, Incubus, Less Than Jake, Jimmy Eat World, Radiohead
- Favorite Store – Target
- Favorite Medication – DayQuil
- Favorite Food – Wendy’s Chicken Nuggets, Hi-C Fruit Punch
Alexis Bledel Net worth
Alexis Bledel has an estimated net worth of $10 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Alexis Bledel
- Alexis has also worked as a model before. She was discovered at a local shopping mall when she was 14.
- Alexis has a Maltese-chihuahua mixed breed dog named Sophie.
- Alexis attended Page Parkes Center for Modeling and Acting.
- She first learnt Spanish and then English, after she started going to school.
- She was shy as a child and first attended a community theater on her mother’s recommendation just to overcome her shyness.
- In 2002, Alexis made her feature film debut as Winnie Foster in Tuck Everlasting.
- In 2002, she was named one of Teen People’s 25 Hottest Stars under 25. Bledel was ranked at number 87 on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 of 2005 list.
- In 2003, Alexis appeared in Less Than Jake’s music video She’s Gonna Break Soon.
- In 2005, she co-starred in the drama, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, opposite Amber Tamblyn, America Ferrera and Blake Lively.
- In 2005, Bledel co-starred in the anthology neo-noir crime thriller Sin City where she played Becky, a prostitute.
- In 2006, Alexis co-starred opposite Jay Baruchel in the romantic comedy I’m Reed Fish as the fiancée of Baruchel’s title character.
- In 21 August 2009, Alexis starred in the comedy Post Grad, which was released.
- In 2010, Alexis starred as the title role in the Canadian drama The Kate Logan Affair.
- In 2012, she supported Barack Obama in the elections and requested her fans to vote for him.
- In 2016, Alexis reprised her role on the Netflix reunion miniseries Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life.
- In 2017, Alexis her first Emmy Award nomination and win in the Creative Arts ceremony in the category of Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series.