Laura Linney is an American actress. She is the recipient of several awards, including two Golden Globe Awards and four Primetime Emmy Awards, and has been nominated for three Academy Awards and five Tony Awards. Linney made her Broadway debut in 1990 before receiving Tony Award nominations for the 2002 revival of The Crucible, the original Broadway productions of Sight Unseen, Time Stands Still, My Name Is Lucy Barton, and the 2017 revival of The Little Foxes. On television, she won her first Emmy Award for the television film Wild Iris, and had subsequent wins for the sitcom Frasier and the miniseries John Adams.
Laura Leggett Linney
Actress, Producer, Voice Actor, Stage Artist
Birthday / Date of Birth
Laura Linney was born on the 5th of February 1964, in New York, United States.
She’s currently 59 years old.
Laura has English, Scottish, German, and Irish ancestry.
Laura has studied at Northfield Mount Hermon School in Northfield. After graduating, she went to Northwestern University from where she moved to Brown University for a Bachelor’s degree in acting. In 2009, She then attended Juilliard School, where she was honored with the degree of Doctor of Fine Arts.
- Father – Romulus Zachariah Linney IV (Playwright and Professor)
- Mother – Miriam Anderson “Ann” Perse (née Leggett) (Nurse at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center)
- Siblings – Laura is the only child.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Laura Linney has dated –
- David Adkins (1995–2000) – In 1995, Linney got married to actor David Adkins. Their marriage lasted for 5 years before they got divorced in 2000.
- Eric Stoltz (1999-2000) – In 1999, Laura started dating American actor Eric Stoltz. In 2000, They dated for almost 2 years before breaking up.
- Marc Schauer (2007-Present) – On May 2, 2009, Linney got married to the American estate agent Marc Schauer. Laura and Marc have one son, Bennet.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.70 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 125 lbs
- Measurements – 33-26-34
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32C
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Laura became known for her acts in the movies Mystic River (2003), Kinsey (2004), Truman Show (1998), and others. On television, she won her first Emmy Award for the television film Wild Iris (2001), and had subsequent wins for the sitcom Frasier (2003–2004) and the miniseries John Adams (2008).
In 1992, Linney had her first film onscreen role in the movie Lorenzo’s Oil as young teacher.
In 1993, Laura landed her first role in television by appearing as Mary Ann Singleton in the series, Armistead Maupin’s Tales of the City.
Laura Linney Net worth
Laura Linney has an estimated net worth of $10 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – itsmelauralinney
Some Lesser Known Facts About Laura Linney
- Linney was born in Manhattan, New York City, USA to Her parent Romulus Zachariah Linney IV and Miriam Anderson.
- Linney’s paternal great-great-grandfather was Republican U.S. Congressman Romulus Zachariah Linney. She has a half-sister named Susan from her father’s second marriage.
- In 1990, she made her New York stage debut as Nina in the Off Broadway adaptation of The Seagull set in the Hamptons.
- In 2000, Linney is possibly best known for her flawless acting film, You Can Count on Me.
- She has received numerous awards and nominations throughout her career. They include four Primetime Emmy Awards, which she received for her roles in Wild Iris, Fraiser, John Adams and The Big C: Hereafter.
- She also received two Golden Globe Awards for her roles in John Adams (2008) and The Big C (2010).
- In 2020, after a gap of three years, she had her two films—Falling and The Roads Not Taken—released.
- Laura had continued to work on other medium, appearing as Mary Ann Singleton in nine episodes of Tales of the City, also starring in the Broadway adaption of My Name is Lucy Barton (2020).