Gino Jennings is an African American religious leader, known for establishing the fundamentalist and Holiness-Pentecostal denomination the First Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ, Inc. in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, embracing Oneness Pentecostalism. By 2016, Jennings and his First Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ, Inc. acquired its headquarters in Philadelphia, with numerous churches spread throughout the United States and elsewhere globally. Through leading this newly founded Christian denomination, Gino has become subject to international controversy. Jennings has also been known for rejecting and advocating forgoing the usage of the term “Christianity”, for he believes that “Christianity” is not a term found in the Bible, unlike the term “Christian”.
Eeligious Leader and The Founder of Church
Birthday / Date of Birth
Gino Jennings was born on the 10th of February 1963, in Los Angeles, California, United States.
He’s currently 60 years old.
He has African American ancestry.
His educational qualifications are unknown.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gino Jennings has dated –
- Darlene Gayman Jennings – Jennings is a happily married person. His wife is Darlene Gayman Jennings and in 1989, they tied the knot. Together, this lovely couple has seven children in total – 3 daughters and 4 sons.
- In feet – 5 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 178 cm
- In meters – 1.78 m
- In Kilograms – 85 kg
- In Pounds – 187 lbs
He wears a size 10.5 (US) shoe.
Gino became known for founding the fundamentalist and Holiness denomination of the First Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ, Inc. in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, as well as for embracing Oneness Pentecostalism. This personality claimed during his adolescence that God appeared to him after a period of prayer and fasting.
Jennings is a well-known African American religious leader. He is best known for founding the fundamentalist and Holiness denomination of the First Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ, Inc. in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, as well as for embracing Oneness Pentecostalism. This individual began his ministry as a Bible reader for his uncle in church. Following this, at the age of 13, Jennings became a child preacher. This personality claimed during his adolescence that God appeared to him after a period of prayer and fasting.
Following divine revelation, this resulted in the formation of the First Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ, Inc. In 1984, Jennings founded the church in his parents’ basement. The First Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ, Inc. grew by teaching doctrines of inner and outer holiness. By 2016, this individual and his First Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ, Inc. had relocated to Philadelphia. Similarly, they had numerous churches spread throughout the United States and around the world.
This personality has sparked international debate as the leader of a newly formed Christian denomination. Many people from other Christian denominations and churches have criticized this individual and the First Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ movement for some of their more strict beliefs and views.
In 2018, Jennings agreed to meet Jamaican entertainer Mr. Vegas for a debate. During the debate, Jennings had Vegas escorted out of the building by security after an altercation that ensued between Vegas, the church’s audio and visual team, and the other associate ministers on the pulpit. This later led to the debate going viral throughout Jamaica, and two other ministers that agreed to debate him canceled. In 2019, Jennings was banned from Australia.
Gino Jennings Net worth
Gino Jennings has an estimated net worth of $1 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gino Jennings
- Jennings was born the fourth of eight siblings. Both his parents were ministerial clergy leaders at his father’s uncle’s church in Philadelphia.
- As a teenager, after claiming the baptism of the Holy Ghost, he began preaching regularly under the tutelage of his father and great-uncle, and also began evangelizing at revivals and crusades at other churches around the city of Philadelphia with his parents.
- After graduating from high school in 1981, he began preaching against his great-uncle’s stances on Christian sanctification, holiness, and modesty in behavior, and clothing.
- On May 21, 1984, he started the First Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ. (FCOOLJC) in the basement of his family home, starting out with only 15 members, (family not included).
- Many of his teenage and young adult friends from high school and college, and their families also joined the church.
- In April 1989, First Church began having its services in the fellowship hall of an old Episcopalian Church building.
- Jennings then named the broadcasts, “The Truth of God” claiming that that was the name God gave him to give as a title to the radio broadcast, to help them reach souls and inspire interest in any Christians willing to tune in and listen.
- By 1991, over 11 radio stations across several states and even international radio stations in other countries in the Caribbean, Africa, and Europe were broadcasting Jennings’ sermons to international listeners.
- In November 1991, Jennings and First Church purchased an 18,000 square foot church building in the Kensington section of Philadelphia on 2431 Frankford Avenue.
- In 2018, he entered the media spotlight for his controversial sermons against women wearing excessive makeup, fake hair, wigs, and jewelry in church ; comparing women who do such things to Jezebel and Delilah.
- Gino may have worked with a variety of organizations, brands, and businesses.