Alexandra Shipp is an American actress, singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist who rose to prominence for portraying real life musician Aaliyah in 2014 film Aaliyah: The Princess of R&B and Kimberly Woodruff in the 2015 Oscar nominated film Straight Outta Compton. Shipp is best known for playing Storm in the X-Men franchise, starting with X Men: Apocalypse and Abby Suso in the 2018 romantic comedy Love, Simon.
Actress, Singer, Songwriter, Multi-Instrumentalist
Vocals, Guitar, Piano
Birthday / Date of Birth
Alexandra Shipp was born on July 16, 1991, in Phoenix, Arizona, United States.
She’s currently 27 years old.
Los Angeles, California, United States
She has African-American and European-American ancestry.
Shipp attended Squaw Peak Elementary School and St. Mary’s Catholic High School in Phoenix, Arizona, United States. After graduating from high school, she moved to Los Angeles to try her luck in acting.
- Father – Unknown (Her father is a musician)
- Mother – Unknown (Her mother is a Kundalini Yoga Teacher)
- Siblings – James Shipp (Older Brother) (Radio Host), Jordan (Brother), Kasia (Stepsister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Alexandra Shipp has dated –
- James McAvoy (2016) – Alexandra was rumored to be dating her X-Men co-star James McAvoy in 2016.
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 m
- In Kilograms – 51 kg
- In Pounds -121 lbs
- Measurements – 34-23-33
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 23 inches
- Hip – 33 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
In 2016, Alexandra Shipp played the iconic mohawked super heroine ‘Ororo Munroe, Storm’ in Twentieth Century Fox’s X-Men: Apocalypse. She received nominations for Teen Choice Awards and Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards.
While being cast as the famous singer Aaliyah in the 2014 movie Aaliyah: The Princess of R&B, Alexandra contributed her voice to some of the scenes where Aaliyah was shown singing.
In 2009, she made her theatrical film debut in the animated comedy film Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel.
In 2011, she made her first television appearance playing Ashley in episode “Dance Amongst Daggers” of the teen family drama television series, Switched at Birth.
She has appeared in the M&M’s TV commercial in 2016.
Awards & Nominations
|2016||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Movie: Breakout Star||X-Men: Apocalypse||Nominated|
|2017||Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards||Favorite Squad||X-Men: Apocalypse||Nominated|
Alexandra Shipp Favorites
Her favorite things are unknown.
Alexandra Shipp Net worth
Alexandra Shipp has an estimated net worth of $4 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – alexandrashipppp
- Twitter – Alexandra Shipp
Some Lesser Known Facts About Alexandra Shipp
- She was scouted by a talent manager at the age of 14.
- She relocated to Los Angeles, California to chase her acting dream at the age of 17.
- Shipp started her acting career in 2009 when she was offered a minor role in the film, in Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel.
- She is also a songwriter, pianist and guitar player.
- Shipp played a guest role on the American sitcom Victorious with Victoria Justice in 2012.
- She has pet dogs named Kali and Layla.
- She then went on to play significant roles in films like Straight Outta Compton, X-Men: Apocalypse, Tragedy Girls, and many others.
- In television, her acting credits include House of Anubis, Days of Our Lives, Drumline: A New Beat and Aaliyah: The Princess of R&B.
- Alexandra is friends with the famous singer Romeo Miller.
- She is a feminist and a great supporter of LGBTQ+ rights.
- Shipp portrayed real-life musician Aaliyah in the 2014 film Aaliyah: The Princess of R&B, which is considered as the most prominent role of her acting career.
- In January 2015, she joined the cast of Bryan Singer’s superhero film X-Men: Apocalypse as Ororo Munroe / Storm, a weather-controlling mutant previously portrayed by Halle Berry.
- She will reprise the role of Ororo Munroe / Storm in the 2019 film Dark Phoenix and will star as the female lead in an upcoming Shaft sequel.