Alex Morgan is an American soccer player. She started her youth soccer with Cypress Elite and then played for California Golden Bears during college studies. She was drafted numero uno by Western New York Flash during 2011 WPS Draft and she went on to contribute to the team’s league championship win. During 2011 FIFA Women’s World Cup, she became youngest player of the US women’s national soccer team, where she presently plays as a forward. She is a forward for Orlando Pride in the National Women’s Soccer League and the United States national team.
Alexandra Patricia Morgan Carrasco
Alex, Baby Horse
Professional Soccer Player
Birthday / Date of Birth
Alex Morgan was born on July 02, 1989, in San Dimas, California, United States.
She’s currently 30 years old.
In 2007, Alex Morgan attended the Diamond Bar High School in California and graduated. She then joined University of California, Berkeley and graduated in 2010 with a bachelors’ degree in Political Economy.
- Father – Michael T. Morgan
- Mother – Pamela S. Morgan
- Siblings – Jeni Morgan (Older Sister), Jeri Morgan (Older Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Alex Morgan has dated –
- Servando Carrasco (2007-Present) – Alex Morgan started dating soccer player Servando Carrasco while studying at the University of California, Berkeley. After dating for almost 6 years, Carrasco proposed to his beautiful girlfriend in December 2013. On the 2014 New Year Eve, they got married in an intimate wedding ceremony, which was attended by 180 guests at Rancho Dos Pueblos in Santa Barbara.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.70 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 124 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
During 2011 FIFA Women’s World Cup, she became youngest player of the US women’s national soccer team, where she presently plays as a forward.
Soccer Match Debut
On April 17, 2011, Alex Morgan made her professional debut for Western New York Flash in a 2-1 away victory against Boston Breakers at the Harvard Stadium.
In 2014, Alex first appeared in sports game Marvel & ESPN Films Present 1 of 1: Genesis as herself.
She made her TV show debut in 2012 in talk-show Live! with Kelly as herself.
Morgan has signed several endorsement deals with businesses including Nike, Panasonic, Chobani, McDonald’s, P&G, AT&T, Mondelez International and Coca-Cola. In July 2011, she signed a one year endorsement deal with Bank of America. In January 2012, Morgan and national teammate Heather Mitts became brand ambassadors for health product company, GNC.
Alex Morgan Favorites
- Favorite Guilty Pleasure – Burger, Nutella, Diet Coke
- Favorite Celebrity Crush – Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Ryan Gosling
- Favorite Songs – Run the World by Beyoncé, Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson, Can’t Hold Us by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, Where Have You Been by Rihanna, Your Song by Ellie Goulding
- Favorite Footballer – Lionel Messi
- Favorite Food – Mexican Cuisines, Coffee
- Favorite Book – A Thousand Splendid Suns, To Kill a Mockingbird
- Favorite Film – The Blind Side, Catch Me If You Can
- Favorite Color – White, Pink
Alex Morgan Net worth
Alex Morgan has a estimated net worth of $3 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Alex Morgan
- She joined Cypress Elite at 14 years of age marking her debut in club soccer. She was part of the club team winning under-16 Coast Soccer League championship and attained third position in the club team’s under-19 level.
- She also joined the regional and state teams of Olympic Development Program (ODP).
- Morgan’s goal in the 2008 FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup final in Chile was declared as the goal of the tournament and overall second-best goal of the year.
- In November 2010, she scored a goal against Italy in a vital game regarded the most significant goal of her career so far that helped the US team qualify for the final of FIFA Women’s World Cup.
- In 2011, FIFA Women’s World Cup final, she became the first player in the history of the tournament to have a goal as well as an assist in the final match.
- In 2011, Morgan co-starred with national teammate Hope Solo in a television commercial promoting ESPN’s SportsCenter.
- In 2012, she was honoured with the U.S. Soccer Female Athlete of the Year.
- She became an Olympic Gold medalist at the 2012 London Olympics.
- Alex Morgan has been featured in the 2012 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue and in a number of other magazines.
- In 2015, the Time magazine declared her the highest earning female soccer star.
- Alex Morgan was featured on the cover of EA Sports’ FIFA 16 game, which was sold in the United States.
- Alex holds the distinction of being the first California Golden Bears women’s soccer player to be picked in the first round of the WPS draft.
- In April 2015, Morgan joined Abby Wambach on American Idol to announce that the show’s season winner would record the official song for Fox’s coverage of the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup.
- In May 2015, Morgan was featured on the cover of ESPN Magazine with teammates Abby Wambach and Sydney Leroux.
- In January 2016, she got the keys for her hometown, Diamond Bar in honor of her immense achievements in her field.
- She appeared on the covers of FIFA 16 alongside Lionel Messi.
- In September 2017, Morgan and U.S. teammate Megan Rapinoe were the first two female players in the United States to sign up for the Common Goal campaign, created by Juan Mata of Manchester United, wherein players donate 1% of their wages to support soccer-related charities.
- In 2018, Morgan made her acting debut in the direct-to-video film Alex & Me with co-star Siena Agudong, where she portrays a poster of herself who comes to life.
- In 2019, Morgan posed for one of the three 2019 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue covers, the other cover models being Tyra Banks and Camille Kostek.
- Visit her official website @ alexmorgansoccer.com.