Our body really knows how to “talk”, but not all of us are ready to hear it. Yoga includes exercises/asanas aimed at improving the functioning of the whole body. Well-being and youthfulness of the body in yoga is directly related to health. Not only it helps to improve health but also helps to fight substance addiction.
It’s no secret that problems with the digestive tract are reflected primarily on our face – not only in the form of rashes but also in the form of wrinkles. According to Vedic ideas, projections of all internal organs are located on a person’s face in the form of points.
- If you experience persistent pimples on your forehead, it means that you have bowel problems.
- If the problem area is on the cheeks, then something is wrong with the lungs and respiratory system.
How Does Yoga Help To Improve Health?
Yoga helps to solve issues in a holistic manner, improving overall health, and thereby rejuvenating the body from the inside. Yoga classes are not aimed at rejuvenation, weight loss, muscle tightening, or getting rid of osteochondrosis, although you will definitely get all this by practicing it.
The concept of “yoga” implies not only the performance of certain asanas, it is also meditation and breathing practices. The task of all this is to learn to live in harmony with oneself, to accept oneself, and to love oneself as nature has created. Besides, yoga helps to cope with psychological problems: for example, accepting yourself and your age.
It is best to practice yoga in the classroom with an instructor. Since many asanas have contraindications or some restrictions. There are courses for beginners, which include asanas that do not require special preparation, which you can do yourself at home.
Yoga Poses for Relieving Tension from Body
#1- For Internal Organs: Bandhasana
It is a half-bridge pose that helps to massage the internal organs and get rid of local fat deposits. It is better to start this asana from a headstand or shoulder stand (“birch tree”).
- Extend your legs toward the ceiling, and then lower to the floor. You can first lower one leg, followed by the other.
- The next step is to straighten your legs at right angles to the floor. Thus, you should get a bridge with support on the head, neck, elbows, wrists, and feet.
#2- For Muscles, Spine, And Digestion: Dhanurasana
The bow pose is designed to strengthen muscles, stretch the spine, and stimulate digestion.
- To perform this pose, you need to take the starting position – lying on your stomach. In this case, the arms should be along the body.
- Bend your knees and wrap your hands around your ankles.
- Then lift your core by straightening your legs.
#3- For Relaxing The Body: Shavasana
Shavasana helps to relax, remove all muscle cramps throughout the body, including in the face. It can be combined with meditation, which will help you learn how to switch from external stimuli to internal body sensations, self-awareness, and healing.
Many specialists recommend this yoga pose to drug and alcohol addicts. Especially for those who do not have any insurance coverage for addiction treatment, practicing yoga is the most convenient way to fight addiction. Moreover, it is so easy to do.
- The starting position for performing the asana is lying let your left and right sides of the body be as symmetrical as possible. Your hands should lie at an angle of 45 degrees from the body with palms up.
- Close your eyes. Get distracted from everything that surrounds you at the moment.
- Listen to your breathing – breathe with your belly! Inhale quickly, exhale deeply. Relax and stay in this position for at least 5-10 minutes.
#4- For Face And Double Chin: Bhujangasana
The cobra pose is one of the simplest and at the same time effective poses. It helps not only to improve the flexibility of the body, to stretch the spine but also to get rid of the double chin. It helps to create a beautiful angle between the neck and chin, and tighten the oval of the face.
- Starting position – lying on the floor, face down.
- Next, you need to stretch the body and raise its upper part so that the support falls on the arms and legs. The result should be a beautiful body curve.
#5- For Metabolism: Halasana
The plow pose is referred to as “inverted” asanas. It is responsible for stimulating the thyroid gland and pituitary gland. Also, accelerates metabolism, stretches the spine, stimulates the activity of the gastrointestinal tract, and normalizes the functioning of the genitals.
- Starting position on the back.
- Take a few breaths in and out to relax. Then as you exhale, try to throw your legs behind your head. In this case, the legs can be either straight or slightly bent at the knees – this is at first not essential.
- One of the important conditions for performing this asana is the maximum comfort that you should experience at the moment when you lock in the plow position. For comfort, you can use a rolled towel or a small blanket under your head and another, if necessary, under the lumbar spine.
- In the plow position, you need to spend from 2-5 minutes, performing breathing exercises.
#6- For Getting Rid Of Fats: Ushtrasana
Another asana, the implementation of which will not only improve the condition of the spine, but also tighten the oval of the face, and get rid of local fat deposits in the double chin.
- To perform the asana, you need to kneel, while your legs should be pelvic width.
- Pull your torso up, then lean back, bending over your lower back, and placing your hands on your heels.
Yoga is simply the best natural way to remove stress from different points of the body. If practiced regularly, it can help the body to function properly and improve the condition of mind and body.