Wendi McLendon-Covey is an American actress and comedian, known primarily for her work in comedic and improvisational roles and the character Beverly Goldberg, a family matriarch, on the ABC comedy series The Goldbergs, for which she was nominated for two Critics’ Choice Television Award for Best Actress in a Comedy Series.
Wendy Anne McLendon
Birthday / Date of Birth
Wendi McLendon-Covey was born on October 10, 1969 in Bellflower, California, United States.
She is currently 49 years old.
Signal Hill, California, United States
She has Scottish and English ancestry.
She was raised in a Baptist household.
Wendi McLendon-Covey graduated from the high school in 1987. Then, she got enrolled at the Long Beach City College. Later, she moved to the Golden West College. Then, she started studying at California State University, Long Beach from where she graduated in 2000 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Creative Writing and Liberal Studies. She has also taken weekend acting classes at The Groundlings in Los Angeles.
- Father – David Robert McLendon (Delivery driver for Coca-Cola)
- Mother – Carolyn McLendon (Accountant)
- Siblings – Shelley McLendon (Younger Sister) (Therapist)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Wendi McLendon-Covey has dated –
- Greg Covey (1996-Present) – In 1996, Wendi got married to producer Greg Covey whom she had been dating for quite some time. Overall, Wendi prefers to keep her private and love life away from the spotlight. They live in Signal Hill, California, by McLendon-Covey’s account, “only a couple of miles” from where she was raised.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 172 cm
- In meters – 1.7 m
- In Kilograms – 58 kg
- In Pounds – 128 lbs
- Measurements – 37-27-38
- Bust – 37 inches
- Waist – 27 inches
- Hip – 38 inches
- Bra Size – 34C
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 7 (US).
Her portrayal of Rita in the successful and critically lauded comedy film Bridesmaids alongside Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Rose Byrne, Melissa McCarthy and Ellie Kemper in 2011. She received several nominations for her work in the film and won New York Film Critics Online Award for Best Ensemble Cast and MTV Movie Award for Best Gut-Wrenching Performance.
In 2005, she made her theatrical film debut in the romantic fantasy movie, Bewitched.
In 1996, Wendi McLendon-Covey made her first TV show appearance in the tabloid news show, Hard Copy.
In July 2011, Wendi McLendon-Covey was made the face of the endorsement campaign for Hillshire Farm and as a part of the campaign, she was cast in the series of national TV adverts. She has also used her social media activity to promote products and brands such as Aldo, Zara, René Caovilla, Iris & Ink & Target.
Wendi McLendon-Covey Favorites
- Favorite Band – Steely Dan
- Favorite Beauty Products – RapidLash Eyelash Enhancing Serum, Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil, Nutiva Organic Hemp Oil
- Favorite Mattress – Saatva Luxury Firm Mattress
- Favorite New York Spot – Central Park, Bergdorf’s, The Cloisters, New York Public Library
Wendi McLendon-Covey Net worth
Wendi McLendon-Covey has a net worth of $5 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Wendi McLendon-Covey
- In 2002, she became the member of the iconic Los Angeles based improv group, The Groundlings. She worked with the group until 2009.
- She created the character of Deputy Clementine Johnson, which she portrayed in the TV show Reno 911!, while she was working at The Groundlings Theater.
- She has brought in New Year in 2009, 2010, and 2011 at the small U.S. army bases in Iraq and Kuwait.
- She got her first commercial breakthrough after she was cast in a supporting role in the comedy movie, Bridesmaid.
- She also worked as an editor for California State University’s academic journal of social work, while still a member of The Groundlings.
- She was a spokesperson for the charity COPS 4 Causes.
- She was the winner of the Commie Award from the LA Comedy Shorts Film Festival in 2011.
- In February 2012, McLendon-Covey was cast in the HBO comedy pilot The Viagra Diaries, created by Sex and the City creator and executive producer Darren Star but when Goldie Hawn exited the pilot, McLendon-Covey also left the show.
- In January 2013, She joined the cast of the ABC comedy series The Goldbergs, as a main character. Her portrayal of the character received critical praise and was nominated for a Critics’ Choice Television Award for Best Actress in a Comedy Series in 2014.
- In 2015, McLendon-Covey starred opposite Sally Field in the comedy drama film Hello, My Name Is Doris. Also in 2015, she played the female leading role opposite Nicolas Cage in the comedy film Army of One, directed by Larry Charles.