Ty Dolla Sign is an American rapper, singer, songwriter and record producer. He first gained major recognition in 2010 for his guest feature on YG’s Toot It and Boot It, which he had co-written and produced for Def Jam Recordings. In the summer of 2013, he signed a record deal with Wiz Khalifa’s Taylor Gang Records. In November 2015, he released his debut studio album, Free TC, which peaked at number 14 on the Billboard 200.
Tyrone William Griffin Jr.
Ty Dolla $ign, Ty$
Singer, Rapper, Songwriter, Record Producer
Hip Hop, R&B
Vocals, Keyboards, Guitar, Drums, Sampler, Synthesizer, Bass Guitar
Pu$haz Ink, Taylor Gang Records, Atlantic Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Ty Dolla Sign was born on 13th of April 1985, in South Los Angeles, California, United States.
He’s currently 34 years old.
Sign completed his high school education through homeschooling.
- Father – Tyrone Griffin Sr.
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Big TC (Brother), Angel Gold (Sister) (Singer)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ty Dolla Sign dated –
- Tinashe (2015) – Sign hooked up with singer and rapper Tinashe in 2015 after having grown close while working on his single, Drop That Kitty. They even brought their chemistry to a number of public performances as well.
- Kylie Jenner (2016) – In May 2016, Ty was pictured kissing reality TV star Kylie Jenner at the Nylon x BCGeneration Young Hollywood Party. Kylie had started dating him after her separation from Tyga.
- Alice (2016) – In an interview with Hot 97, Sign revealed that he was in a relationship with a girl named Alice. However, he refused to reveal her identity and only went on to say that she is a beautiful girl and badass chick.
- Lauren Jauregui (2017-2019) – Dolla Sign met singer Lauren Jauregui (and other Fifth Harmony girls) in 2016 to record the song “Work From Home”. He got impressed by Lauren and started dating soon after. In April 2017, they were seen in a bowling alley. After dating for 2 years, the couple split in April 2019.
Note – Ty Dolla Sign has a daughter named Jailynn.
- In feet – 6 feet 1 inches
- In centimeters – 186 cm
- In meters – 1.86 m
- In Kilograms – 83 kg
- In Pounds – 183 lbs
- Measurements – 42-14.5-33
- Chest – 42 in or 107 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14.5 in or 37 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
His shoe size is 11 (US).
The popularity and commercial success of his singles such as Paranoid, Or Nah, Blasé, Saved and Wavy.
In 2012, Ty Dolla $ign debuted comedy flick, Mac & Devin Go to High School, in which he played the role of Hemptathalon Smoker 1.
In November 13, 2015, Ty Dolla Sign dropped his first studio album, Free TC under Taylor Gang Records and Atlantic Records. The album debuted at number 14 on the US Billboard 200 and was certified Gold.
In 2013, Ty Dolla Sign guest appeared as himself in an episode of GGN: Snoop Dogg’s Double G News Network.
Ty Dolla Sign hasn’t done promotion work for any brand.
Awards & Nominations
|2016||Premios Juventud||“Work from Home” (with Fifth Harmony)||Favorite Hit||Nominated|
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice Summer Song||Won|
|MTV Video Music Awards||Best Collaboration||Won|
|American Music Awards||Collaboration of the Year||Won|
|2017||iHeartRadio Music Awards||Best Music Video||Won|
|Kids’ Choice Awards||Favorite Song||Won|
|MTV Video Music Awards||“Gone” (with Afrojack)||Best Dance Video||Nominated|
|BET Hip Hop Awards||“Ain’t Nothing”||Best Featured Verse||Nominated|
|“Blessings” (with Lecrae)||Impact Track||Nominated|
|2019||MTV Video Music Awards||“Hot Girl Summer” (with Megan Thee Stallion and Nicki Minaj)||Best Power Anthem||Won|
Ty Dolla Sign Favorites
- Favorite Sports – American Football, Basketball
- Favorite Fast Food Joint – Raising Cane’s
- Favorite Comic Book Hero – Wolverine
- Favorite Emoji – The one With Tongue Out and Dollar Signs on It
- Favorite Egg Recipe – Scrambled Eggs
- Favorite Artists / Producers – 2Pac, J Dilla, Kim Burrell
- Favorite Drink – Bombay on Ice
- Favorite Shoes – Vans Old Skools or Sk8 His
Ty Dolla Sign Net worth
Ty Dolla Sign has an estimated net worth of $3 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Ty Dolla Sign
- Instagram – tydollasign
- Twitter – Ty Dolla Sign
- YouTube Channel – Ty Dolla $ign
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ty Dolla Sign
- Ty Dolla Sign cites Slum Village, 2Pac, Mos Def, Talib Kweli and Kim Burrell as his music influences.
- In 2012, Ty Dolla Sign signed a recording contract with Atlantic Records.
- In September 10, 2013, Ty Dolla Sign released a single, titled Paranoid, which features a verse from Atlanta rapper B.o.B and production from DJ Mustard.
- In January 7, 2014, Ty Dolla Sign released his second single for his debut EP, titled Or Nah, featuring Wiz Khalifa and DJ Mustard.
- In January 21, 2014, Ty Dolla Sign released his major label debut project, Beach House EP.
- In February 2016, Fifth Harmony released the single Work from Home featuring Ty Dolla Sign, which has gone on to peak at number 4 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- In June 2016, Ty Dolla Sign, Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa, Imagine Dragons, Logic and X Ambassadors released the collaboration single Sucker for Pain for the motion picture soundtrack for Suicide Squad.
- In June 19, 2016, Ty Dolla Sign announced that his next project following Campaign would be Beach House 3 and that this installment would be an album rather than a mixtape.
- In August 2016, Ty and singer Nick Jonas performed the song Bacon at the MTV Video Music Awards, where Ty also won Best Collaboration for Work from Home with Fifth Harmony.
- In September 23, 2016, Ty released a project titled Campaign, which peaked at number 28 on the Billboard 200.
- In February 2018, Ty Dolla Sign was featured on Post Malone’s single Psycho, which peaked at number one on the Billboard Hot 100.
- In May 2018, he was featured on Christina Aguilera’s single Accelerate along with 2 Chainz, the first single from Aguilera’s eighth album Liberation.
- In October 26, 2018, Ty Dolla Sign and Jeremih released a collaborative album under the joint pseudonym MihTy (a portmanteau of both the artists’ names) through Def Jam Recordings and Atlantic Records, their respective labels.
- In December 10, 2018, it was announced that Ty Dolla Sign is facing 15 years in jail due to cocaine possession. Ty Dolla $ign reached an agreement that all charges will be dropped upon completion of a drug prevention program.
- In May 20, 2019 Ty Dolla $ign released Purple Emoji with J. Cole and on August 9, 2019 he released Hottest in the City with Juicy J & Project Pat.
- Visit his official website @ dollasignworld.com.