Tom Welling is an American actor, director, producer and model best known for his role as Clark Kent in The WB/The CW superhero drama Smallville. He also co-starred in the third season of Fox fantasy comedy-drama Lucifer as Lt. Marcus Pierce. In 1998, he successfully modeled men’s clothing for several popular brands. In 2000, he made a successful transition to television. He has been nominated for and received several awards for his role as Clark Kent. In 2001, he had a recurring role as Rob “Karate Rob” Meltzer in the second season of the CBS legal drama Judging Amy. He has also been involved behind the camera as an executive producer and a director. His films include Cheaper by the Dozen, Cheaper by the Dozen 2, The Fog, Draft Day and The Choice.
Thomas John Patrick Welling
Actor, Director, Producer, Model
Birthday / Date of Birth
Tom Welling was born on the 26th of April 1977, in Putnam Valley, New York, United States.
He’s currently 46 years old.
He is of German, Irish, English, Scottish and Swiss descent.
Welling attended Okemos High School in Okemos, Michigan, where he started acting in plays but then switched into sports. Previously, he had also studied at Salesianum School in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Father – Tom Welling Sr.
- Mother – Bonnie Welling
- Siblings – Rebecca Welling (Older Sister), Jamie Welling (Older Sister), Mark Welling (Younger Brother) (Actor)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tom Welling has dated –
- Jamie White (1997-2013) – In 1997, Welling and model Jamie White started dating after they first met during their modeling years. After dating for 5 years, they got married in 2002 on Martha’s Vineyard, the Massachusetts Island amidst their close friends and family members. Welling and White resided in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada but returned to Los Angeles in March 2011. On October 17, 2013, White filed for divorce from Welling. The divorce was finalized in November 2015.
- Jessica Rose Lee (2014-Present) – Tom and the founder of Saddle Club, Jessica Rose Lee started dating in 2014 after Tom’s split from his former wife Jamie. Tom also has a passion for horses. The couple has shared adorable pictures of themselves on social media. In April 2018, they announced their engagement. The couple have a son, born on January, 5 2019. Welling and Lee married on November 30, 2019, at Sunstone Vineyards & Winery in San Ynez, California.
- In feet – 6 feet 2¾ inches
- In centimeters – 190 cm
- In meters – 1.9 m
- In Kilograms – 90 kg
- In Pounds – 199 lbs
Black with a Touch of Gray
His shoe size is 13 (US).
Best known for his role as Clark Kent in The WB/The CW superhero drama Smallville (2001–2011). He also co-starred in the third season of Fox fantasy comedy-drama Lucifer as Lt. Marcus Pierce (2017–2018).
In 2003, Tom made his theatrical film appearance in the comedy-drama Cheaper by the Dozen as Charlie Baker.
In 2001, Welling made his first television show appearance as Rob Meltzer in the drama series Judging Amy. He appeared in a total of 6 episodes.
Tom has endorsed brands such as Verizon, 7 UP & J. Maxx.
Tom Welling Net worth
Tom Welling has an estimated net worth of $14 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Tom Welling
- When he was growing up, he lived in Wisconsin, Delaware and Michigan.
- He played baseball, basketball and soccer in high school.
- He played as a shortstop and pitcher in baseball. While in soccer, he started off as a striker and later became the goalkeeper.
- Before starting a modeling career, he did several odd jobs including bartending, waiting tables and construction.
- While living in Vancouver for filming Smallville, he had three dogs namely Bear (Mixed Akita), Cook (Pug) and Maui (Boston Terrier).
- Tom can also impersonate Keanu Reeves.
- He was thought perfect for the role of Emmett Cullen in the Twilight movie by the author Stephenie Meyer. The role was finally played by Kellan Lutz.
- In 2001, Tom was included in the list of Breakthrough Stars of 2001 by People magazine.
- He is good friends with actor Ashton Kutcher since their modeling days.
- He is the Executive President of his company Tom Welling Productions based in Encino, California, USA.
- Tom has also modeled for renowned brands such as Tommy Hilfiger, Abercrombie & Fitch and Calvin Klein among others; while working for Louisa Modeling Agency in the late 1990s.
- In 2000, Welling appeared in Angela Via’s music video Picture Perfect where he played Vía’s love interest.
- In 2001, he bagged his first major acting role as Karate Rob on the CBS television drama Judging Amy, which successfully ran for 138 episodes.
- In 2003, he made his feature film debut in the comedy film Cheaper By The Dozen, starring Steve Martin and Bonnie Hunt.
- In 2003, Welling said he was offered to play Clark Kent/Superman in the superhero film Superman Returns (2006) but later turned it down because of scheduling conflicts with Smallville.
- In December 2003, Welling made his feature film debut as Charlie Baker, the oldest son and second-oldest in the Baker family which had 12 children, in the family comedy Cheaper by the Dozen with Steve Martin and Bonnie Hunt, which is a remake of the 1950 movie starring Clifton Webb and Myrna Loy, based on the 1948 book about the family of Frank and Lillian Gilbreth and written by two of their children.
- In 2004, Welling was approached about starring in the big screen adaptation of Superman when director Brett Ratner was attached to the project.
- In 2005, Welling co-starred in the horror film The Fog, a remake of John Carpenter’s 1980 film of the same name, as Nick Castle (a character originally played by Tom Atkins).
- In 2009, he founded his own production company, Tom Welling Productions and the company’s first project was Hellcats, a comedy drama series.
- In August 2009, Welling won another Teen Choice Award as Choice TV Actor (Action Adventure) for Smallville.
- In 2013, Welling was among the all-star cast of Peter Landesman’s historical drama Parkland, based on the book Reclaiming History: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy by author Vincent Bugliosi.
- In 2017, Welling was cast to co-star in the third season of the Fox fantasy comedy-drama Lucifer. He plays Marcus Pierce / Cain / Sinnerman, a police lieutenant at the precinct and the main antagonist of the season who is the immortal Cain.
- In 2019, Welling reprises his role as Clark Kent in the Batwoman episode of the CW Arrowverse crossover event Crisis on Infinite Earths, along with his Smallville co-star Erica Durance as Lois Lane.