Gina Carano is an American actress, television personality, fitness model and a former mixed martial artist. She began training in Muay Thai before transitioning to competitive MMA, where she competed in Strikeforce and EliteXC. She was featured in ESPN The Magazine as well as Maxim. Her popularity led to her being called the face of women’s MMA and was ranked 5th on a list of the Top 10 Influential Women of 2008. In August 2009, Carano fought Cris Cyborg in Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg, the first time two women headlined a major MMA event; Cyborg won. Carano compiled a competitive record of 12–1–1 in Muay Thai and a 7–1 in women’s MMA.
Gina Joy Carano
Actress, TV Personality, Fitness Model, Former Mixed Martial Artist (MMA)
Birthday / Date of Birth
Gina Carano was born on the 16th of April 1982, in Dallas County, Texas, United States.
She’s currently 38 years old.
She has Italian ancestry.
Carano graduated from Trinity Christian High School in Las Vegas, Nevada, where she led the girls’ basketball team to a state title. She attended the University of Nevada, Reno for a year and then University of Nevada, Las Vegas for three years, majoring in psychology.
- Father – Glenn Thomas Carano (Former American Football Quarterback)
- Mother – Dana Joy (née Cason)
- Siblings – She has two sisters – one older and other younger.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gina Carano has dated –
- Kevin Ross – Gin started dating professional Muay Thai fighter, Kevin Ross when she was starting her career. Kevin helped her in getting involved into Muay Thai.
- Henry Cavill (2012-2014) – British actor, Henry Cavill (who is famous for his role as Superman) started dating Gina on August 4, 2012 after meeting her at Jessie J Live In London on August 4. The duo were an item for two years, before getting separated in December 2014.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 72 kg
- In Pounds – 159 lbs
- Measurements – 38-28-37
- Bust – 38 inches
- Waist – 28 inches
- Hip – 37 inches
- Bra Size – 34D
She wears a size 9.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 8 (US).
Gina popularity led to her being called the face of women’s MMA and was ranked 5th on a list of the Top 10 Influential Women of 2008. In August 2009, Carano fought Cris Cyborg in Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg, the first time two women headlined a major MMA event; Cyborg won and she has subsequently appeared in Steven Soderbergh’s 2011 action film Haywire, Fast & Furious 6 (2013), Deadpool (2016).
Mixed Martial Art Match Debut
In June 10, 2006, Gina debuted playing against Leiticia Pestova, where she knocked out her in the 1st round itself in just 38 seconds. Gina was 135 pounds at that time.
In 2009, Gina made her film debut in the direct-to-DVD martial arts film, Blood and Bone with Michael Jai White.
In 2007, Gina was a series regular at Oxygen original reality television series Fight Girls as a mentor. The show was only broadcast for 7 episodes.
Gina has appeared in Pepsi Super Bowl commercial in 2009. She has endorsed clothing company Under Armour (UA) brand.
Gina Carano Favorites
- Favorite Healthy Meal – Chicken / Fish & Couscous Along with Green Beans
- Favorite Films – Braveheart (1995), Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969), Cry-Baby (1990), True Romance (1993), Let Me In (2010)
- Favorite City – Las Vegas, New York, Chicago
Gina Carano Net worth
Gina Carano has an estimated net worth of $8 million dollars as of 2021.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Gina Carano
- Instagram – ginajcarano
- Twitter – Gina Carano
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gina Carano
- At school, she was active in basketball, softball and volleyball.
- Carano was given the title as The Face of Women’s MMA.
- In 2006, Gina appeared in Ring Girls, a cult movie about five women Muay Thai fighters challenging the best fighters all over the world.
- In September 2007, she won the fight against wrestling champion Tonya Evinger by using submission for the first time, through a rear naked choke.
- In 2008, she was a contestant in American Gladiators.
- In May 2008, she defeated Kaitlin Young at EliteXC: Primetime. She had forfeited 12.5% of her show purse to Young to keep the fight on card since Gina failed to make it to the EliteXC’s weight criteria of 140 lb.
- In May 13, 2008, Gina was the fastest-rising search on Google and third most searched person on Yahoo!. She was also ranked as no. 5 on the Top Ten Influential Women of 2008 list on Yahoo!
- She has voiced the role of Natasha Volkova for the 2008 video game Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3.
- During her kickboxing career, she never lost a match. Gina played 12 matches and won all of them.
- Gina performs her movie stunts on her own.
- In October 2008, she stripped off at the weigh-in and successfully made it to 141 pounds to fight against Kelly Kobold.
- In May 2009, Carano was ranked no. 16 in Maxim‘s Hot 100 list.
- In February 2012, Carano was cast in In the Blood, an action thriller directed by John Stockwell.
- In April 2012, she became the first recipient of ActionFest’s Chuck Norris (Best Female Action Star) Award, given to the female action star of the year.
- In September 2012, Carano signed on as the lead in an all-female ensemble action film described as the female version of The Expendables.
- In 2014, Gina has been ranked at #24 in Maxim‘s Hot 100 list.