Matt Bomer is an American actor, producer, director and singer. He is the recipient of such accolades as a Golden Globe Award and has been nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award and two Screen Actors Guild Awards. In 2000, he made his television debut in the 1970s soap opera All My Children. In 2005, Bomer made his film debut in the mystery-thriller Flightplan. In 2017, Matt received praise for his performances in the drama films Walking Out, Anything and the 2018 comedy-drama Papi Chulo.
Matthew Staton Bomer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Matt Bomer was born on the 11th of October 1977, in Webster Groves, Missouri, United States.
He’s currently 45 years old.
He has German, Welsh, English, Swiss, Irish and Scottish ancestry.
Matt attended Klein High School in Spring, Texas. In 2001, he completed his Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh.
- Father – John Bomer (Former Dallas Cowboys draft pick)
- Mother – Sissi Bomer
- Siblings – Neill Bomer (Brother), Megan Bomer (Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Matt Bomer has dated –
- Mike White (2001-2004) – From November 2001 to February 2004, he was romantically linked with Mike White.
- Simon Halls (2008-Present) – In 2008, Bomer is a gay and started dating his publicist Simon Halls. They got married in 2011. The couple have three children conceived through surrogacy: Kit Halls (b. 2005) and then twin brothers, Walker and Henry Halls (b. 2008).
- In feet – 5 feet 11¾ inches
- In centimeters – 182 cm
- In meters – 1.82 m
- In Kilograms – 80 kg
- In Pounds – 176 lbs
His shoe size is 12 (US).
Bomer portrayed a con artist Neal Caffrey in the police procedural drama series White Collar (2009–2014). He next portrayed the New York Times reporter Felix Turner in Ryan Murphy’s television film The Normal Heart (2014), for which he received his first Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor – Series, Miniseries or Television Film and his first Primetime Emmy Awards nomination.
In 2005, Matt made his film debut as a flight attendant opposite Jodie Foster in Robert Schwentke’s psychological thriller Flightplan for his role as Eric.
In 2001, Bomer appeared in ABC’s soap opera All My Children for his role as Ian Kipling.
Matt has appeared in several commercials such as Toyota Prius CW 2009 as Superman, a dog food, Magnum and others.
Matt Bomer Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Paul Newman
- Favorite Drink – Venti iced Americano, which is Sweetened with a Sugar Alternative Called Stevia
- Favorite Bands – LCD Soundsystem, Arcade Fire, The Eagles (Matt’s All-Time Favorite Band)
- Favorite Song – Heart of the Matter by Don Henley (This is again Matt’s All-Time Favorite Song)
- Favorite Destination – Paris
- Favorite Food – Sea Food
Matt Bomer Net worth
Matt Bomer has an estimated net worth of $11 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Matt Bomer
- As a teenager, he made his acting debut in 1995 on stage with A Streetcar Named Desire where he portrayed a young collector, while in high school.
- He attended the same school as the actor Lee Grinner Pace.
- If he weren’t into acting, he would have into broadcast journalism.
- In 2007, Bomer took on the role of Ernest Hemingway in a Williamstown Theatre Festival production of Crispin Whittell’s play Villa America in Massachusetts, starring with Jennifer Mudge and Nate Corddry.
- In 2011, Bomer was cast as a 105 year old man in Andrew Niccol’s science fiction thriller film In Time, starring alongside Justin Timberlake.
- He topped the Buddy TV’s list of TV’s Sexiest Men in 2011 but was ranked third in 2012.
- In 2012, he publicly revealed that he is gay.
- In 2013, he was placed at #13 in Glamour magazine’s 50 Sexiest Men list.
- In June 2013, Bomer was ranked at no. 2 on Logo‘s Hot 100 list, which is based on the votes of readers of the AfterEllen.com and TheBacklot.com.
- In 2015, he won a Golden Globe Award and received a nomination for the Primetime Emmy Award for playing a closeted writer of The New York Times in the drama television film The Normal Heart about the rise of the HIV-AIDS crisis in New York City.
- In 2017, he received praise for his performances in the drama films Walking Out, Anything.
- In the 2018, United States elections Bomer campaigned for Democratic candidate Beto O’Rourke in his home state of Texas.