Taissa Farmiga is an American actress. She began her career in film in the drama Higher Ground which was directed by her sister Vera Farmiga, and subsequently made her television debut in the FX series American Horror Story: Murder House, which earned her a reputation as a contemporary scream queen.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Taissa Farmiga was born on August 17, 1994 in Readington, New Jersey, United States.
She is currently 24 years old.
She has Ukrainian ancestry.
Taissa Farmiga attended public school until fourth grade, after which she began homeschooling. Farmiga has stated that she understands the Ukrainian language but can only partially speak it. She is proficient in American Sign Language, having taken classes for four years.
- Father – Michael Farmiga (Systems Analyst)
- Mother – Lubomyra Farmiga (School Teacher)
- Siblings – Victor Farmiga (Elder Brother), Vera Farmiga (Elder Sister) (Actress, Director, and Producer), Stephan Farmiga (Elder Brother), Nadia Farmiga (Elder Sister), Alexander Farmiga (Elder Brother), Laryssa Farmiga (Elder Sister)
- Others – Theodor Spas (Paternal Grandfather), Nadia Spas (Paternal Grandmother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Taissa Farmiga has dated –
- Evan Peters (2014) – In 2014, Taissa was linked with actor Evan Peters. It was reported that they had grown extremely close while working on the TV series, American Horror Story: Coven.
- Hadley Klein (2014-Present) – Taissa started dating screenwriter and director, Hadley Klein in 2014. He made their relationship public by sharing a picture of them together on his Instagram account in October 2014. They prefer to keep their relationship out of the public eye, which has often led to speculation that they might have separated. But she posted a picture of them holding hands in May 2018 on her Instagram to pull all such speculation to bed.
- In feet – 5 feet 6¼ inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 33-24-34
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32A
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
She is best known for her appearance in the 2011 American drama film “Higher Ground”, 2013 psychological thriller film “Mindscape”, 2018 gothic supernatural horror film “The Nun” and the American horror anthology TV series “American Horror Story”.
In 2011, she made her theatrical film debut in a minor role in the drama movie, Higher Ground. The movie was her older sister Vera Farmiga’s directorial debut. She was asked to play the younger version of her sister’s role.
In 2011, Taissa Farmiga made her first TV show appearance on the horror thriller series, American Horror Story: Murder House.
In December 2012, Taissa Farmiga did modeling work for Jason Wu’s clothing line. The adverts were featured in the Teen Vogue.
Awards & Nominations
|2012||Online Film & Television Association Awards||Best Ensemble in a Drama Series||American Horror Story: Murder House||Nominated|
|2014||Online Film & Television Association Awards||Best Ensemble in a Motion Picture or Miniseries||American Horror Story: Coven||Nominated|
|2015||Fright Meter Awards||Best Actress in a Leading Role||The Final Girls||Nominated|
Taissa Farmiga Favorites
- Favorite Movies – Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (1986), Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004), Black Swan (2010), Inception (2010)
- Favorite Outdoor Activity – Hiking, Snowboarding
Taissa Farmiga Net worth
Taissa Farmiga has a net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – taissafarmiga
- Twitter – Taissa Farmiga
Some Lesser Known Facts About Taissa Farmiga
- She studied American Sign Language for three years during her homeschooling years and excelled at ot.
- Her first ever audition was for her role of Violet Harmon in American Horror Story, which she landed effortlessly.
- She loves to play guitar and has mastered the art of making origami cranes.
- Her sister Vera offered her a 2004 Toyota Tacoma pick-up truck for acting in the film.
- She can speak English and Ukrainian.
- In 2016, she made her stage debut with the Off-Broadway revival of Sam Shepard’s drama Buried Child. She was cast in an important role of Shelly.
- In 2018, she played the Catholic novitiate Sister Irene in Corin Hardy’s horror film The Nun.
- In 2019, Farmiga will appear in an episode of The Twilight Zone, opposite Rhea Seehorn, Luke Kirby and Ike Barinholtz.