Sylvester Stallone is an American actor, director, screenwriter and producer. Stallone mostly only found gradual work as an extra or side character in films with a sizeable budget until he achieved his greatest critical and commercial success as an actor, starting in 1976 with his self-created role as the boxer Rocky Balboa, in the first film of the successful Rocky series.
In 1977, Stallone was nominated for two Academy Awards for Rocky, for Best Original Screenplay and Best Actor. He became the third man in history to receive these two nominations for the same film, after Charlie Chaplin and Orson Welles. Stallone had similar box-office success, portraying the PTSD plagued soldier John Rambo in the five Rambo films and as mercenary Barney Ross in the three The Expendables films. He wrote or co-wrote most of the films in his three biggest franchises and directed many of them.
Sylvester Gardenzio Stallone
Sly, Michael, The Italian Stallion, Binky, Sly Stallone
Actor, Screenwriter, Director, Producer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Sylvester Stallone was born on the 6th of July 1946, in New York City, New York, United States.
He’s currently 73 years old.
Beverly Hills, California, United States
He is of Italian-Russian-French-Jewish descent.
Stallone attended Notre Dame Academy and Lincoln High School in Philadelphia, as well as Charlotte Hall Military Academy in Maryland. Finally, he went to Miami Dade College and then to University of Miami from where he received his BFA (BAchelor of Fine Arts) degree in 1999.
- Father – Frank Stallone, Sr. (1919–2011) (Hairdresser and Beautician)
- Mother – Jacqueline “Jackie” Stallone (née Labofish) (Astrologer, former dancer and promoter of women’s wrestling)
- Siblings – Frank Stallone, Jr. (Younger Brother) (Actor, musician)
- Relatives – Anthony Filiti (Stepfather), Toni Ann Filiti (Half-Sister) (Died on August 26, 2012 at the age of 48), Dante Stallone (Half-Brother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sylvester Stallone has dated –
- Sasha Czack (1973-1985) – In May 1973, Sylvester started dating actress Sasha Czack. He married Sasha on December 28, 1974 when Sylvester was 28. The couple welcomed two children, sons Sage Moonblood (May 5, 1976 – July 13, 2012), died of heart disease and Seargeoh (b. 1979). The relationship saw an end on February 14, 1985 (Valentine’s day 1985).
- Joyce Ingalls (1978) – In 1978, he had an extramarital affair when he started a relationship with his Paradise Alley (1978) co-star Joyce Ingalls.
- Tessa Hewitt (1979) – In 1979, Stallone hooked up with British glamour model, Tessa Hewitt. Tessa was just 18 at that time.
- Susan Anton (1979-1980) – Then, Sylvester met another actress Susan Anton in 1979 and started dating her in October 1979. They dated for next 5 months until March 1980.
- Brigitte Nielsen (1985-1987) – Italian actress Brigitte Nielsen and Sylvester started dating in July 1985. They got married on December 15, 1985 in Beverly Hills, California. This relationship also saw an end after about 18 months in July 1987.
- Cornelia Guest (1987-1988) – Socialite Cornelia Guest and Sylvester dated for couple of months from 1987 to March 1988. They had met during a party in the summer of 1987. She is 17 years his junior.
- Dena Goodmanson (1988) – In 1988, he dated very briefly with fellow model, Dena Goodmanson after splitting from Cornelia.
- Vanna White (1988) – In April 1988, TV personality and actress, Vanna White and Sylvester had an encounter. She was his date to the White House Correspondent’s Dinner.
- Jennifer Flavin (1988-Present) – 22 years his junior, actress Jennifer Flavin and Sly started dating in August 1988 after meeting at a restaurant in Beverly Hills. She was only 19 at that time. After dating ON and OFF for more than 7 years, the couple got engaged in January 1996. They tie knots in May 1997. They have three children together, daughters Sophia Rose, Sistine Rose and Scarlet Rose.
- In feet – 5 feet 9½ inches
- In centimeters – 177 cm
- In meters – 1.77 m
- In Kilograms – 102 kg
- In Pounds – 225 lbs
- Measurements – 49-17½-37
- Chest – 49 in or 124½ cm
- Arms / Biceps – 17½ in or 44½ cm
- Waist – 37 in or 94 cm
His shoe size is 10.5 (US).
Sylvester played the titular character of Rocky Balboa in the Rocky series, which is considered one of his most legendary roles. The films were made from 1975 to 2006 and helped Stallone kick-start his career in Hollywood. The first Rocky film became so popular that it spawned five other Rocky films in the franchise. The film Rocky also received 10 Oscar nominations and eventually won the award for Best Picture.
In 1970, Sylvester starred in his debut film The Party at Kitty and Stud’s for his role of a stud.
In 1975, Sylvester appeared in NBC crime drama series Police Story for his role as Elmore Rocky Caddo in just one episode entitled The Cutting Edge.
In 1997, Sylvester voiced the Lipton Brisk Ice Tea commercial as his Rocky Balboa character and later Pontiac Bonneville commercial in the same year. He partnered with a beverage company called Sly Water in 2006 which produces upscale bottled water. He has also appeared in these commercials- Ito sausages (Japan) (1992), Kirin Beer (Japan) (1992), Citterio food (Italy) (2002), Volkswagen Gol (2008) & RISEcredit.com (2013).
Sylvester Stallone Favorites
His favorite things are unknown.
Sylvester Stallone Net worth
Sylvester Stallone has an estimated net worth of $400 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Sylvester Stallone
- Instagram – officialslystallone
- Twitter – Sylvester Stallone
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sylvester Stallone
- At 4, he started going to a tap dancing school.
- When Sylvester was 9, his parents divorced.
- His mother made him work at her beauty salon when he was 16 because of his poor academic results.
- In 1977, he won a David di Donatello Award for Best Foreign Actor for Rocky. He also won the KCFCC Award for Best Actor for the film, Rocky.
- In 1979, he won the ShoWest Convention Award for Star of the Year.
- Stallone became a boxing promoter in the 1980s. His boxing promoting company, Tiger Eye Productions, signed world champion boxers Sean O’Grady and Aaron Pryor.
- Leonardo Da Vinci is his hero.
- Sylvester is also one of ex-President George W. Bush’s favorite actors.
- She is close friends with musician Sir Elton John.
- In 1993, he made a comeback with the hit Cliffhanger, which was a success in the US, grossing $84 million, but even more successful worldwide, grossing $171 million.
- In 2004, he won the Golden Camera Award for Best International Actor.
- He is a supporter of Republican Party.
- In August 2005, Stallone released his book Sly Moves which claimed to be a guide to fitness and nutrition as well as a candid insight into his life and works from his own perspective. The book also contained many photographs of Stallone throughout the years as well as pictures of him performing exercises.
- In 2009, He is a fan of Bollywood (Indian) movies and has appeared in Kambakkht Ishq.
- In 2010, Stallone wrote, directed and starred in the ensemble action film The Expendables.
- In 2012, the sequel for the movie, The Expendables 2 was also released. The subsequent year, he starred in the action film, Bullet to the Head, which is based on the novel, Du Plomb Dans la Tete.
- In 2017, Stallone appeared in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 as Stakar Ogord / Starhawk, the leader of a Ravagers faction.
- In 2018, he co-starred in Escape Plan 2: Hades with Dave Bautista which was released straight to home-video.
- Visit his official website @ sylvesterstallone.com.