David Michael Bautista Jr. is an American actor, professional wrestler, mixed martial artist and bodybuilder. Bautista began wrestling in 1999 and signed with the World Wrestling Federation (WWF, now WWE) in 2000. From 2002 to 2010 he gained fame under the ring name Batista, winning the World Heavyweight Championship four times and the WWE Championship twice. He holds the record for the longest reign as World Heavyweight Champion at 282 days and has also won the World Tag Team Championship three times and the WWE Tag Team Championship once. He was the winner of the 2005 Royal Rumble match and went on to headline WrestleMania 21, one of the top five highest grossing pay per view events in professional wrestling history. Bautista re-signed with WWE in 2013, going on to win the 2014 Royal Rumble match and headline WrestleMania XXX.
David Michael Bautista
Batista, Dave Batista, Deacon Batista, Leviathan, Kahn / Khan, The Animal, DJ
Professional Wrestler, Actor, Mixed Martial Artist, Bodybuilder
Birthday / Date of Birth
Batista was born on January 18, 1969 in Washington, District of Columbia, United States.
He is currently 50 years old.
He has Greek and Filipino ancestry.
Batista attended Wild Samoan Training Centre.
- Father – David Michael Bautista
- Mother – Donna Raye (née Mullins)
- Siblings – Donna Raye Bautista (Sister), Michael (Younger Half Brother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Batista has dated –
- Glenda Batista (1990–1998) – Dave Batista married Glenda in the early 1990s and had 2 daughters with her, Keilani (born in 1990) and Athena (born in 1992) before divorcing.
- Angie Bautista (1998–2006) – Dave, then, married to Angie on October 13, 1998. But, they also divorced in August 2006.
- Sarah Jade (2015- Present) – He married his third wife Sarah Jade, a competitive pole dancer, in October 2015. He has two grandsons: Jacob and Aiden.
- In feet – 6 feet 6 inches (Billed Height)
- In centimeters – 198 cm
- In meters -1.98 m
- In Kilograms – 130 kg
- In Pounds – 287 lbs
- Measurements – 55-36-20
- Chest -55 inches
- Biceps– 20 inches
- Waist – 36 inches
- Calves – 16 inches
- Thighs – 28 inches
He wears a size 13 (US) shoe.
His stint in World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), where he was crowned World Champion six times. His role as Drax the Destroyer in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, portraying the character in the films Guardians of the Galaxy (2014), Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) and Avengers: Infinity War (2018).
While pursing bodybuilding career, Bautista decided to become a wrestler and got trained at the Wild Samoan Training Center wrestling school by Afa Anoa. He made his wresting debut as Khan on 30 October, 1999. He signed with the WWE in 2000, eventually adopted his ring name Batista, and made his WWE in-ring debut in a tag team match teaming with D’Von against Faarooq and Randy Orton in 2002.
- World Heavyweight Championship – 4 times
- World Tag Team Championship – 3 times – with Ric Flair (2) and John Cena
- WWE Championship – 2 times
- WWE Tag Team Championship -1 time – with Rey Mysterio
- Royal Rumble – 2 times (2005, 2014)
- Batista Bite
- Batista Bomb
- Big Boot
- Elevated single leg Boston crab
- Hammerlock / armbar combination
- Vertical suplex / Front / Swinging Side Powerslam Variations
- Running clothesline
- Shoulder block
- Turnbuckle thrust
- Two-handed choke lift
Batista had his first acting role as a wrestler in the 2006 comedy film, Relative Strangers. His role was uncredited in the film. His first credited acting role came in 2009, when he was cast as a Police officer in the American-German film, My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done?
In 2006, he appeared as Aidar in an episode of the television series, Smallville.
Batista has done endorsement works and ad campaigns for WWE SummerSlam (2004), Nutrabolics (2007), Muscle and Fitness.
- Gravelly voice
- His tattoos
- Towering height and broad frame
Championships & Accomplishments
- Ohio Valley Wrestling
- OVW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- Most Improved Wrestler of the Year (2005)
- Wrestler of the Year (2005)
- Ranked No. 1 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2005
- World Wrestling Entertainment/WWE
- World Heavyweight Championship (4 times)
- World Tag Team Championship (3 times) – with Ric Flair (2) and John Cena (1)
- WWE Championship (2 times)
- WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Rey Mysterio
- Royal Rumble (2005, 2014)
- World Xtreme Wrestling
- WXW Hall of Fame (Class of 2013)
- Wrestling Observer Newsletter
- Feud of the Year (2005 vs. Triple H; 2007 vs. The Undertaker)
- Most Overrated (2006)
- Favorite Food – Steak
- Favorite Band – Metallica, Linkin Park
- Favorite Music – Unleashed by Saliva
Batista Net worth
Batista has a net worth of $13 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Batista
- His parents divorced when he was young and he was raised by his mother. His mother was a lesbian and he had considered himself as “a proud son of a lesbian”.
- He left home at the age of 17 and started living on his own. He worked as a bouncer for various night clubs and also worked as a lifeguard before taking bodybuilding as his career full-time.
- Batista entered the wrestling world in 1999 and fought for the brand WWE for over a decade. He was a former member of Evolution with Triple H, Randy Orton and Ric Flair.
- He holds the record for having the longest reign of 282 days as the World Heavyweight Champion.
- He holds a purple belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu under the tutelage of Cesar Gracie.
- Bautista made his MMA debut against veteran journeyman fighter Vince Lucero on October 6, 2012 and eventually won the match via technical knock down.
- Bautista published his autobiography titled ‘Batista Unleashed’ on October 16, 2007, via Pocket Books. He recorded some of the most controversial issues in his life, including his relationship with Chris Benoit in the book.
- He appeared on the cover of the April 2005 Flex and Muscle & Fitness for September 2008.
- Batista has many tattoos on his body, including a dragon on his back, the word “Angel” written in red Kanji lettering on his upper left biceps as a tribute to his former wife, Angie, a signature design on his upper right biceps, and the sun on his stomach, surrounding his belly button. He also has the flags of the Philippines and Greece tattooed on his arm.
- Batista reunited with the rest of Evolution for an appearance on SmackDown’s 1000th episode on October 16, 2018.
- Batista is the longest-reigning World Heavyweight Champion in WWE history.
- Dave Batista was a regular bouncer for several clubs before joining WWE.
- Batista says that he used to live in poverty during his childhood. At 13, he started stealing automobiles.
- Batista debuted in WWE as a bodyguard to D-Von Dudley on the Smackdown brand. After that, he moved to RAW and did wrestling with Ric Flair as his manager.
- Before the age of 40, Batista had already become the grandfather of 2 grandsons Jacob and Aiden by Keilani (his first daughter).
- “The Animal” is the nickname, which had been used by George Steele and Joe Laurinaitis, previously before Dave Batista.
- “Batista Unleashed” is the autobiography of Batista released in October 2007.
- Batista has a great interest in collecting lunch boxes and his favorite lunch box is the 1967 Green Hornet Lunch Box.
- Batista was named after his father David Michael Bautista and Batista’s sister was named after his mother Donna Raye Bautista.