Sunidhi Chauhan is an Indian playback singer. Born in Delhi, she began performing in local gatherings at the age of 4 and made her career debut at the age of 12, with the film Shastra. During the year she won the first singing reality show titled Meri Awaz Suno and rose to prominence after recording “Ruki Ruki Si Zindagi” from Mast. It won her Filmfare RD Burman Award for New Music Talent and was nominated for the Best Female Playback Singer.
Universal, Times Music, Sony Music, Saregama, Kunal Agarwal Productions
Birthday / Date of Birth
Sunidhi Chauhan was born on 14 August 1983 in New Delhi, India.
She is currently 35 years old.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
She did her studies from Greenway Modern School and used to stay with her family members in Dilshad Garden, Delhi. She discontinued her studies right after schooling to pursue a career in the music industry
- Father – Dushyant Kumar Chauhan (Theatre Artist at Shriram Bharatiya Kala Kendra)
- Mother – Not Known
- Siblings – Suneha Chauhan (Younger Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sunidhi Chauhan dated –
- Bobby Khan (2002–2003) – In 2002, at the age of 18, Chauhan married director and choreographer Bobby Khan after working on the music video Pehla Nasha. It was reported that the couple married in a secretly arranged ceremony attended only by very close friends.
- Hitesh Sonik (2012-Present) – Chauhan began a romantic relationship with the music composer Hitesh Sonik whom she was friends with, since the days she won Meri Awaz Suno. After dating for more than two years, they married on 24 April 2012, at a low profile wedding ceremony in Mumbai. In 1 January 2018, Chauhan gave birth to a boy.
- In feet – 5 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 160 cm
- In meters – 1.6 m
- In Kilograms – 58 kg
- In Pounds – 128 lbs
- Measurements – 32-30-36
- Bust – 32 inches
- Waist – 30 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 32C
Her dress size is 6 (US).
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Best Known For
In 1995, Chauhan performed at the 40th Filmfare Awards with the group “Little Wonders”, when music director Aadesh Shrivastava heard her and wanted to record her voice for the film, Shastra (1996).
Chauhan’s second breakthrough was released in 2000, where she collaborated with composer singer Anu Malik, for the song “Mehboob Mere” from Fiza which was picturised on Sushmita Sen.
She judged an Indian singing reality show ‘Indian Idol season 5’ in 2010 and season 6 in 2012.
Sunidhi Chauhan Favorite
- Favorite Actor – Amitabh Bachchan
- Favorite Actresses – Rekha, Madhuri Dixit
- Favorite Singers – Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhonsle, Md. Rafi, Kishore Kumar, Manna Dey, Geeta Dutt, Beyonce, Michael Jackson, Shakira, Alicia Keys, Usher
- Favorite Song – Always Be My Baby by Mariah Carey
- Favorite Color – Red, Black, Yellow
Sunidhi Chauhan Net worth
Sunidhi Chauhan’s net worth has accumulated to approximately $10 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sunidhi Chauhan
- At the age of 4, she started performing at many competitions and local gatherings.
- She was introduced to music by her father and credited her powerful voice to him.
- She left her studies midway to continue her musical career, she had never been to college.
- She never had any professional training for singing; she instead trained herself with regular riyaz by listening to cassettes and CDs of popular singers.
- In 2005, she along with 16 other artists recorded a single titled ‘Zindagi Pukaarti Hai’ to raise money for the victims of the tsunami disaster in India.
- After her marriage, she put off a weight of about 20kg as she has to perform at concerts and regular shows, she wanted to feel light and confident.
- In 2013, she appeared on the list of “World’s Sexiest Asian Woman” by ‘FHM India’ at the position 28, and was named the “Hottest Female Bollywood Lead Singer” by MensXP.com. She was also selected in the list of “Top 5 Celeb100 Singers and Musicians” compiled by Forbes India.
- In 2015, she judged the singing show ‘The Voice- India’.