Sophia Bush is an American actress, activist, director and producer. She starred as Brooke Davis in The WB/CW drama series One Tree Hill. She had major film roles in John Tucker Must Die, The Hitcher and The Narrows. From 2014 to 2017, she starred in the NBC police procedural drama series Chicago P.D. as Det.
Sophia Anna Bush
Actress, Director, Activist, Spokesperson
Birthday / Date of Birth
Sophia Bush was born on July 8, 1982 in Pasadena, California, United States.
She’s currently 36 years old.
Los Angeles, California, United States
She has English, Italian and Scottish ancestry.
Sophia Bush attended Westridge School for Girls in Pasadena, California and graduated in 2000. Sophia took journalism as her major at the University of Southern California (USC), but she left after her junior year as she landed the role of Brooke Davis in the WB television series One Tree Hill.
- Father – Charles William Bush (Advertising and beauty photographer)
- Mother – Maureen (Photography studio manager)
- Siblings – She’s the only child to her parents.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sophia Bush has dated –
- Chad Michael Murray (2003-2006) – After meeting on the set of One Tree Hill in 2003, the actors started dating in that year. The couple liked each other’s company so much that they decided to engage in May 2004. They married on April 16, 2005, in Santa Monica, California. But, they separated only after five months of their marriage in September 2005. She filed for divorce seeking an annulment, which was not accepted. Their divorce was finalized in December 2006.
- Austin Nichols (2006-2012) – Soon after getting introduced to another actor Austin Nichols by Jake Gyllenhaal, she started dating him in January 2006. She continued dating her One Tree Hill co-star ON and OFF for several years. This relationship finally saw an end in February 2012.
- John Foster (2006-2007) – She was romantically linked to actor John Foster from July 2006 to June 2007. He is roughly two years younger than her.
- James Lafferty (2008-2009) – Now, this time, it is another One Tree Hill co-star, James Lafferty. The two of these dated from May 2008 to April 2009.
- Dan Fredinburg (2013-2014) – In February 2013, Sophia started dating Google Program Manager, Dan Fredinburg. They remained an item until February 2014.
- Jesse Lee Soffer (2014-2015) – In May 2014, the actors started dating each other. They went out for about a year and called in quits in 2015.
- In feet – 5 feet 4¼ inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 55 kg
- In Pounds – 121 lbs
- Measurements – 35-25-34
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Playing Brooke Davis in the television drama series One Tree Hill for nine seasons. Bush acted in a total of 186 episodes. She also directed four episodes.
Sophia Bush made her first big screen appearance in the 2002 film Van Wilder opposite Ryan Reynolds. She played Sally in the film.
In 2003, Sophia played the role as Fate Mackenzie in the sitcom Sabrina, the Teenage Witch in episode 1 of season 7. It is based on the Archie comic book series of the same name.
She has not endorsed any of the brands yet.
Awards & Nominations
|2005||Teen Choice Awards||Choice TV Actress – Drama||One Tree Hill||Nominated|
|2007||Choice Movie Actress – Comedy||John Tucker Must Die||Won|
|Choice Movie Actress – Horror/Thriller||The Hitcher||Won|
|Choice Movie Female Breakout Star||Won|
|Vail Film Festival||Rising Star Award||Herself||Won|
|2008||Teen Choice Awards||Choice TV Actress – Drama||One Tree Hill||Nominated|
|2011||VH1 Do Something Awards||Do Something Twitter Award||Herself||Won|
|2012||Annual Young Hollywood Awards||Philanthropy Award||Herself||Won|
|2016||Redefine Possible Women’s Leadership||N/A||Herself||Won|
|2017||People’s Choice Awards||Favorite TV Crime Drama Actress||Chicago P.D.||Nominated|
|2018||Nelson Mandela Changemaker Award||N/A||Herself||Won|
Sophia Bush Favorites
- Favorite Actresses – Charlize Theron, Meryl Streep, Nicole Kidman
- Favorite Actors – Edward Norton, Robin Williams, Sean Penn
- Favorite Fashion Designers – Chloe, Donna Karan, Marc Jacobs, Ya-Ya
- Favorite TV Show – Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (1999)
- Favorite Authors – Mitch Albom, Paulo Coelho
- Favorite Sports – Football
- Favorite Food – Anything deep Fried
Sophia Bush Net worth
Sophia Bush has a net worth of $9 million dollars as of 2019. She owns a Bentley, an Audi A3 Wagon and a Mustang GT 350. She lives in a luxury house in Los Angeles, California.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Sophia Bush
- Instagram – sophiabush
- Twitter – Sophia Bush
- Snapchat – @sophiabushsnaps
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sophia Bush
- She has played volleyball during her school time.
- She also knows boxing and has interest in horseback riding and photography.
- Sophia is good friends with Bevin Prince, Brittany Snow and James Lafferty.
- Sophia Bush has been featured in People’s “Beautiful at Every Age” and “Most Beautiful” lists for many years.
- In 2006, she appeared on the cover of the November edition of Maxim with her One Tree Hill co-stars Hilarie Burton and Danneel Harris.
- She was ranked at #77 in 2010 and at #53 in 2011 in Buddy TV’s 100 Sexiest Women list.
- In 2007, Sophis was ranked at #90 in FHM’s list of ‘100 Sexiest Woman of 2007’. The same year, she was also ranked at #24 in the Maxim Hot 100 List of 2007.
- In 2017, Sophia Bush won three Teen Choice Awards in three different categories – one award for the movie ‘John Tucker Must Die’ and two awards for the movie ‘The Hitcher’.
- The same year, she was awarded with the Rising Star Award at the Vail Film Festival.
- In 2018, Bush provided the voice of Voyd, an aspiring superhero, in Pixar’s film, Incredibles 2, the sequel to 2004’s The Incredibles.
- In 2019, Bush will star in the upcoming drama, Surveillance, for CBS as well as develop and executive produce additional projects for the network.