Shwetha Menon is an Indian actress, model and television anchor. She won Femina Miss India Asia Pacific 1994. She has predominantly acted in Malayalam and Hindi language films, besides appearing in a number of Telugu and Tamil Language Films. Shwetha won two Kerala State Film Awards for Best Actress. She participated in Bigg Boss Malayalam Season 1.
Actress, Model, Voice Artist, Television Anchor
Birthday / Date of Birth
Shwetha Menon was born on the 23th of April 1974, in Chandigarh, India.
She’s currently 48 years old.
She is of Malayali descent.
Shwetha studied at Kendriya Vidyalaya No. 1 in East Hill, Kozhikode, Kerala.
- Father – T. V. Narayanankutti (Served in the Indian Air Force)
- Mother – Sarada Menon (Housewife)
- Siblings – Unknown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shwetha Menon has dated –
- Bobby Bhonsle (2004-2007) – In 2004, Shwetha got married to Bollywood model Bobby Bhonsle but the couple divorced in 2007.
- Sreevalsan Menon (2011-Present) – On June 18, 2011, Menon tied the knot with Sreevalsan Menon at the Neythalappurath Sastha Ayappa temple, Valanchery, Kerala. On September 27, 2012, they welcomed their first child together, a daughter named Sabaina Menon.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.70 m
- In Kilograms – 68 kg
- In Pounds – 150 lbs
- Measurements – 34-25-36
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 356inches
- Bra Size – 34D
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 8 (US).
Menon became known after won Femina Miss India Asia Pacific 1994. She is best known for her appearance in Malayalam film Paradesi. She is also one of the highest-paid celebrities in Malayalam cinema.
In 1991, Shwetha started her career as an actress in the Malayalam film Anaswaram directed by Jomon, playing the female lead opposite Mammootty. She subsequently made her debut in Bollywood and appeared in over 30 films; some of her Bollywood films include Asoka (2001), Maqbool (2003) and Corporate (2006).
In 1990, Menon landed her first role in television by appearing as main actress in the series, Manasi on DD Malayalm. In 2008, she rose to popularity after presenting the musical programme, Star Wars on Kairali TV.
Shwetha has done endorsement work for brands such as Kamasutra.
Shwetha Menon Net worth
Shwetha Menon has an estimated net worth of $2.5 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Shwetha Menon
- Instagram – shwetha_menon
- Twitter – Shwetha Menon
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shwetha Menon
- Menon hails from Valanchery in Malappuram district in Kerala, but was born at Chandigarh.
- In 1991, she made her first film appearance as Catherine in the Malayalam-language film Anaswaram. She co-starred in the film alongside Mammootty.
- She ventured into modeling and became noted, after participating and winning at several beauty pageants, which led to her debut in Bollywood.
- In 1997, the Bollywood film Ishq where she received notable attention as the dancer for the song, Humko Tumse Pyaar Hai, featuring Aamir Khan and Ajay Devgn.
- In 2001, Menon played Nandaneshwari Hindi-language epic historical drama film Aśoka, a dramatized version of the early life of emperor Asoka, of the Maurya Empire. The film’s lead cast included Shah Rukh Khan, Ajith Kumar, Kareena Kapoor, Hrishitaa Bhatt, and Danny Denzongpa.
- On January 5, 2004, she was charged with insulting the Indian flag at a fashion show as she had allegedly walked the ramp with the tricolor wrapped around her body.
- In 2011, Menon brought to life the character of Maya Krishnan (a single woman who works as a dubbing artist and is also a foodie) Malayalam-language romantic comedy film Salt N’ Pepper. For this performance, she bagged the Kerala State Film Award for Best Actress as well as got nominated for a Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Malayalam.
- Shweta is seen as very active on her social media.
- She worked in different languages like Malayalam, Telugu, Hindi, Tamil, and Kannada.
- In 2017, Shwetha provided vocals to the character of a police officer played by Raashi Khanna in Malayalam action-thriller film Villain.