Shweta Mohan is an Indian playback singer. She has received four Filmfare Awards South for Best Female Playback Singer, one Kerala State Film Awards and one Tamil Nadu State Film Awards. She has recorded songs for film music and albums in all the four South Indian languages namely, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada along with the Hindi language and has established herself as a leading playback singer of South Indian cinema.
Singer, Recording Artist
Birthday / Date of Birth
Shweta was born on 19 November 1985 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
She is currently 33 years old.
Her educational qualifications are unknown.
- Father – Dr. V KrishnaMohan (Pediatrician)
- Mother – Sujatha Mohan (Playback Singer)
- Siblings – None
Boyfriend / Spouse
- Ashwin Shashi (2011-Present) – She is married to her long time boyfriend Ashwin Shashi President and COO of KGM Group of Companies on 16 January 2011. Ashwin is her friend Aarathi brother.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms -58 kg
- In Pounds – 127 lbs
- Measurements – 34-27-37
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 27 inches
- Hip – 37 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
She first recorded for Mozart of Madras A.R. Rahman as part of the children’s chorus for the songs ‘Kuchi kuchi rakkamma’ (Bombay) and ‘Accham accham illai’ (Indira). She first rendered her solo voice release in the movie ‘Three roses’ (2001) for Mr. Karthik Raja. She has sung over 200 songs for various music directors in multiple Indian languages. She is learning Carnatic classical music from Smt. Binni Krishnakumar and Hindustani classical music from Sri. Ghulam Niyaz Khan.
She hasn’t appeared in film yet.
She has featured in singing reality shows.
Shweta Mohan Favorites
Her favorite things are unknown.
Shweta Mohan Net worth
Unfortunately, her net worth is unknown at this time. Shweta lives in a luxury house with her her husband and family in Chennai.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shweta Mohan
- Born in a family of singer and musicians, her passion for singing doesn’t come as a surprise, since she used to accompany her mother in various cultural events.
- Shweta started learning Carnatic music at the age of 9 from Ramamoorthy Rao.
- Her versatility in music comes from different influences around her – bhajans and old Tamil songs from her mother, old Hindi songs from her father, Pop and blues from her husband and rock from her friends.
- She has received various awards for her songs in films.