Shenae Grimes is a Canadian actress. She portrayed Annie Wilson on 90210, a spin-off of Beverly Hills, 90210. Prior to that, she had a recurring role on the television series Naturally, Sadie and played Darcy Edwards on Degrassi: The Next Generation for four seasons. In 2009, Grimes was named one of the world’s most beautiful people, without makeup, by People magazine.
Shenae Sonya Grimes
Birthday / Date of Birth
Shenae Grimes was born on October 24, 1989 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
She’s currently 29 years old.
She is half Irish on her father’s side and half Italian on her mother’s side.
Shenae attended Forest Hill Public School for elementary. She interned at Toronto’s Fashion Television as part of her high school education. She attended City Academy for her last two years of high school.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Maya Grimes (Sister), Liam Grimes (Sister), Aiden Grimes (Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shenae Grimes has dated –
- Adam Gregory (2008) – Adam and Shenae were rumored to be dating after they first met during their 2008 TV show “90210”. But, it seemed that an off-screen romance was never wanted. She said that “It is really hard to kiss a boy who is, in fact, prettier than ladies”.
- Ethan Rapoport-Cole (2009) – Shenae dated Ethan in 2009. This relationship didn’t go far and it broke in September 2009, as she had to leave Canada and move to Los Angeles after her success in TV series 90210.
- Josh Groban (September 2010) – After 1 year of her break up with Ethan, Shenae dated briefly with American musician, Josh Groban, who is 8 years older than her.
- Brendan Fallis (May 2011-August 2011) – Canadian DJ, Fallis had a fling with Shenae in 2011.
- Josh Beech (2012-Present) – Grimes began dating British model and musician Josh Beech in March 2012. In December 2012, after nine months of dating, Grimes announced that she and Beech were engaged. They were married on May 10, 2013 in Ashford, Kent, England. In May 2018, the couple announced that they were expecting their first child their daughter named Bowie Scarlett Beech (b. September 27, 2018).
- In feet – 5 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 160 cm
- In meters – 1.6 m
- In Kilograms – 53 kg
- In Pounds – 117 lbs
- Measurements – 33-23-34
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 23 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32A
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 3 (US).
For acting in an American teen drama TV series “90210” since 2008 as Annie Wilson. She also appeared in a Canadian teen drama TV series “Degrassi: The Next Generation” during 2004-2008 as Darcy Edwards.
Shenae Grimes made her acting debut as Eilleen Twain in a television film called ‘Shania: A Life in Eight Albums’, before landing her fist acting role in a feature film, ‘The Cross Road’ as Bridget in 2008.
In 2004, Shenae Grimes landed a recurring role of Darcy Edwards in the season two of Canadian teen drama TV series, ‘ Degrassi: The Next Generation’. She went on to play one of lead characters in season 6 and 7 and had a guest appearance in season 8. Grimes had acted in a total of 40 episodes in four seasons.
Shenae Grimes has not been endorsed by any major brand.
Awards & Nominations
|2006||Young Artist Award||Best Young Ensemble Performance in a TV Series (Comedy or Drama)||Degrassi: The Next Generation||Nominated|
|2007||Gemini Award||Best Performance in a Children’s or Youth Program or Series||Degrassi: The Next Generation||Won|
|2008||Monaco International Film Festival||Best Ensemble Cast||The Cross Road||Won|
|2010||Teen Choice Award||Choice TV: Female Scene Stealer||90210||Nominated|
Shenae Grimes Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Johnny Depp
- Favorite Musician – Elliott Smith, Jim Morrison
- Favorite TV Program – 90210 (2002013)
- Favorite Makeup Brand – M.A.C
- Favorite Inspiration – Natalie Portman
- Favorite Bands – The Killers, Jet, Hot Hot Heat
- Favorite Accessories – Gucci sunglasses, Vintage clothes
- Favorite Food – Fries (French Fries and Sweet Potato Fries), Chocolate, Pastry
Shenae Grimes Net worth
Shenae Grimes has a net worth of 5 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shenae Grimes
- She started her acting career in a Canadian TV show ‘Degrassi: The Next Generation’.
- In 2008, Grimes was ranked 8th on the Forbes list of Breakout Stars.
- Shenae Grimes was named one of the most beautiful people without makeup in 2009 by People magazine.
- She a tattoo on the right side of her ribcage which says “Myself and I”.
- She appeared in a music video for rock band Our Lady Peace’s single “All You Did Was Save My Life”.
- When she got selected to act in an American TV series 90210, she left Canada and her Canadian show “Degrassi: The Next Generation”.
- Grimes is good friends with Sara Paxton, Lucy Hale and Jessica Stroup.
- Grimes is a self-proclaimed atheist.
- In May 2011 she worked as an intern at Teen Vogue for 6 weeks. Actually, it was her dream to work as an editor for a fashion magazine.
- In 2011, she visited Japan and was caught up there due to an earthquake and tsunami.
- In 2014, she became the brand ambassador for the Montreal-based Annabelle Cosmetics. As the face of the cosmetics line, she appeared in print and television advertisements to promote the products.
- In 2018, Grimes began playing homicide detective Jacqueline Cooper on CTV’s police drama The Detail; the role marks her first time playing an adult character.