Shelley Hennig is an American model and actress. She is a beauty pageant titleholder who held the Miss Teen USA 2004 title. She played Stephanie Johnson on Days of Our Lives and starred in the CW series The Secret Circle as Diana Meade. She played the character Malia Tate in Teen Wolf. Hennig also starred in horror films Unfriended as Blaire Lily and Ouija as Debbie Galardi. She has been nominated for two Emmys for her role on Days of Our Lives. She has also won a 2016 Teen Choice Award.
Shelley Catherine Hennig
Birthday / Date of Birth
Shelley Hennig was born on the 2nd of January 1987, in Metairie, Louisiana, United States.
She’s currently 33 years old.
Shelley’s father has German, Swiss-German, Scottish and English ancestry whereas her mom is Italian.
Hennig attended Destrehan High School where she was named an Academic Excellence Student. She is an accomplished dancer, having won many awards in dancing competitions. She also enjoys writing and two of her poems have been published in the Young Authors Book of Poetry.
- Father – Glenn H. Hennig Sr.
- Mother – Cathy Distefano Gosse
- Siblings – Glenn H. Hennig Jr. (Older Brother), Brad Joseph Hennig (Older Brother)
- Relatives – Wayne Gosset (Stepfather)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shelley Hennig has dated –
- Jay Kenneth Johnson (2007–2012) – Shelley met actor Jay on the sets of Days of Our Lives and dated him for nearly five years. Her association with Jay is perhaps the only confirmed relationship she formerly had.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 33-26-35
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Shelley is a beauty pageant titleholder who held the Miss Teen USA 2004 title. She played Stephanie Johnson on Days of Our Lives and starred in the CW series The Secret Circle as Diana Meade.
In 2014, Shelley was cast as Blaire in a horror-mystery called Unfriended.
In 2007, She was signed up for a recurring role of Stephanie Johnson on Days of Our Lives. Until now, she has appeared in more than 450 episodes.
Shelley advertising work includes a commercial and print shoot for Toyota (2015) & Clean & Clear face wash (2016).
Awards & Nominations
|2010||Daytime Emmy Awards||Outstanding Younger Actress||Days of Our Lives||Nominated|
|2012||Daytime Emmy Awards||Outstanding Younger Actress||Days of Our Lives||Nominated|
|2016||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Summer TV Star: Female||Teen Wolf||Won|
|2017||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Summer TV Star: Female||Teen Wolf||Nominated|
Shelley Hennig Favorites
- Favorite TV Show – The Office (2005-2013), Gossip Girl (2007-2012)
- Favorite Song – I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston (1992)
- Favorite Band – Bootstraps formed by Jordan Beckett
- Favorite Movie – Closer (2004), Love Story (1970)
- Favorite Beer – Budweiser / Bud Light
- Favorite Liquor – Bourbon
- Favorite Food – Sandwiches & Fries
Shelley Hennig Net worth
Shelley Hennig has an estimated net worth of $1.5 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shelley Hennig
- While in school, Shelley was a good student. She enjoyed studying English Literature the most and hated Algebra.
- Apart from acting, she is also a good dancer and loves to write. She has even had two of her poems published in the Young Authors Book of Poetry.
- She told Seventeen magazine that she used to dance more hours than the time spent at school and a dance academy called Dance Unlimited was her second home.
- At the age of 16, Shelley won Miss Louisiana 2004 (in November 2003).
- She is the first girl from her home state to win Miss Teen USA in August 2004.
- She claims to be the fastest typist in her school who was obsessed with memorizing and using correct spellings.
- Shelley is low maintenance when it comes to styling and dressing up.
- Hennig also had a role on the MTV series Teen Wolf as the character Malia Tate. She was promoted to a series regular for Season 4.
- Shelley associated with the Council on Alcohol and Drug (C.A.D.A) to educate the youth about the consequences of alcohol / drug abuse and underage driving after she lost her older brother to drunk driving.
- Shelley is a close friend of Tami Farrell who preceded her as Miss Teen USA 2003.
- In 2010, she received a nomination for the 37th Daytime Emmy Awards in the Outstanding Younger Actress In A Drama Series category.
- In 2017, she starred in country music artist Maren Morris’ music video for I Could Use a Love Song.
- In 2018, she played supporting role as a photographer, Carrie Grey in the Netflix romantic comedy When We First Met.