Shaun White is an American professional snowboarder, skateboarder and musician. He is a three time Olympic gold medalist. He holds the record for the most X-Games gold medals and most Olympic gold medals by a snowboarder and has won 10 ESPY Awards.
Shaun Roger White
Future Boy, The Egg, The Flying Tomato, The Animal
Professional Snowboarder, Skateboarder, Musician
Warner Bros Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Shaun White was born on September 03, 1986 in San Diego, California, United States.
He’s currently 32 years old.
He has Italian and Irish ancestry.
In 2001, Shaun White got enrolled at the Torrey Pines High School. However, he left the school in 2002.
- Father – Roger White
- Mother – Cathy White
- Siblings – Jesse White (Older Brother), Kari White (Older Sister)
Shaun White can be reached through Shaun White Enterprises. He is also represented by United Talent Agency. He was previously signed up with Creative Artists Agency Sports.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Shaun White has dated –
- Summer Spiro (2004-2008) – Shaun White started going out with actress Summer Spiro in 2004. They had a slightly on and off relationship for the duration of 4 years as White was linked with a couple of other women while he was with Spiro. They never publicly confirmed their relationship but were spotted together at a number of events.
- Lindsay Lohan (2006) – White was rumored to be dating actress Lindsay Lohan in February 2006. They were seen together sharing an intimate night at the New York club Bungalow 8. They never confirmed that they were going out but White did confirm that he and Lohan met at the Bungalow 8.
- Elisha Cuthbert (2008) – In the early months of 2008, White was reported to going out with actress Elisha Cuthbert. They were pictured together in February 2008, which sparked relationship rumors. They were spending their free time together.
- Andrea H – Shaun White was reported to be going out with Andrea H in the past.
- Arielle Vandenberg (2011) – White was linked with actress and model Arielle Vandenberg by the American tabloids in 2011. They had been spotted together on a couple of occasions.
- Bar Refaeli (2012) – According to reports, Shaun was going out with Israeli supermodel Bar Refaeli in 2012. They were seen together at the 2014 Olympics in London in the stands while watching Michael Phelps in the 4x200m freestyle relay final. They had started dating in May. They had first met at the Maxim party, which was held to celebrate their annual feature of Sexiest Woman in the World. Incidentally, Refaeli had been recognized the sexiest woman in that year’s feature.
- Sarah Barthel (2013-Present) – White started dating singer Sarah Barthel in 2013. Sarah is also a member of the music band Phantogram. They had met just before he left to participate in the Sochi Winter Olympics. They have been consistently by each other’s side ever since then. She has been seen supporting him at the official competitions.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 71 kg
- In Pounds – 157 lbs
- Measurements – 44-35-17
- Chest – 44 inches
- Waist – 35 inches
- Arms / Biceps – 17 inches
- Being one of the most iconic and successful snowboarders. He has managed to win three Olympic gold medals.
- Being one of the most decorated and accomplished US athletes. He has won 10 ESPY Awards.
- Having accomplished a lot of success as a skateboarder. He has won several titles in skateboarding including the title of Action Sports Tour Champion.
He has served as a guitarist for the electronic rock band Bad Things. The band was one of the featured acts at the 2013 Lollapalooza Festival. In January 2014, they released their self-titled studio album. The band broke up in 2015 after the frontman and lead singer Davis LeDuke decided to move to New York City.
In 2013, Shaun made his theatrical film debut by lending his voice to the Clueless Smurf character in the animated comedy movie, The Smurfs 2. He made his first theatrical film appearance in the comedy crime movie, Stretch in October 2014.
In 1998, Shaun White made his first TV show appearance as himself in the comedy talk show, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
Shaun White has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Burton Snowboards
- Birdhouse Skateboards
- Park City Mountain Resort
- Target Corporation
- Red Bull
- Prominent nose.
- Cool style sense.
- White was the first to compete and medal in both the Summer and Winter X Games.
- White is the first snowboarder ever to land back to back double corks, at the Red Bull superpipe.
- He remains the only skater to land the frontside heelflip 540 body varial. (The Armadillo).
- He was the first to land a Cab 7 Melon Grab in vert skateboarding.
- He is the first snowboarder to win back-to-back gold medals in the Winter X-Games Superpipe.
- He is also the first athlete ever (on snowboard or skis) to win gold medals four years in a row in the Winter X-Games Superpipe.
- He is the first (and only) person to win both a Summer and Winter Dew Cup.
- White was the first to “three-peat” in SuperPipe at the Winter X Games.
- Shaun White holds the record for the highest score in the men’s halfpipe at the Winter Olympics. In 2018, he scored 97.75 on his last run.
Shaun White Favorites
- Favorite Music Artists – MIA, Kinks, Joy Division, New Order, Paul Simon, New Bomb Turks, Siouxsie and the Banshees
- Favorite Music – Songs with powerful intros
- Favorite Food Indulgences – Chinese Food
- Favorite Holiday – Halloween
- Favorite Movie Genre – Romantic Comedies
Shaun White Net worth
Shaun White has a total net worth of $45 million dollars.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shaun White
- He got into skateboarding by following in his older brother’s footsteps, who used to practice at the iconic YMCA park in San Diego.
- He signed his sponsorship deal at the age of 7 as Burton Snowboards decided to back the impressive prodigy. He still has a sponsorship deal with them.
- Shaun is the first snowboarder to have done ‘three-peat’ in SuperPipe event at the Winter X Games.
- In June 2007, he was selected as the Chairman of the Board for the Spike TV Guys’ Choice Awards. He was appointed to the similar role in June 2010 as well.
- In a 2007 interview with Outside magazine, White stated that he had turned down numerous film roles in which “the first lines are always “What up, brah?'”.
- In the March 2009 issue of Snowboarder Magazine, he was named the ninth-best snowboarder in the World.
- He won the Revolver Golden Gods Award for “Most Metal Athlete”.
- White has been named Transworld Snowboarding’s Rider Of The Year twice.
- Shaun has collaborated with the clothing giant Target to launch his exclusive clothing line that focuses on kids. His older brother assisted him in the designing process.
- In 2015, he acquired Air + Style, which is an organizer of a series of worldwide events that are a mashup of the music festival, design show, and snowboard competition.
- He has launched his collection of menswear clothing under the title of WHT Space. He has also collaborated with Beats by Dr. Dre to launch his collection of headphones.
- He holds a minority-ownership stake in Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort. Incidentally, he started snowboarding at the same resort at the age of 6.
- Shaun has made an investment in the chain of healthy food eateries in Southern California known as Sweetgreen.
- In 2016, his former Bad Things bandmate Lena Zawaideh filed a lawsuit against White alleging breach of contract and sexual harassment. She claimed that White had sent her p*rnographic images. White eventually agreed to reach out of court settlement with Lena in May 2017. The terms of the settlement were kept secret.
- In 2018, he was caught up in a controversy after he termed the sexual harassment lawsuit against him as a gossip during a conference at the Winter Olympics. He was widely condemned for trivializing sexual harassment. He eventually apologized for his remarks.
- He has partnered with the Burton Snowboards to create his line of products including a range of boots and helmets.
- His parents have named him after the South African professional surfer Shaun Tomson.
- He was once hired as a stunt double for the Disney show called The Jersey.
- While training for the 2018 Winter Olympics in New Zealand, he had an accident as he crashed against the edge of the superpipe. The accident left him requiring 62 stitches on his face.
- At the 2012 Winter X games, he created the history by becoming the first player in the history of the competition to achieve a score of perfect 100 in the men’s Snowboard Superpipe.
- White holds the distinction of being the first competitor to have won consecutive gold medals in the Winter X-Games Superpipe event.
- He is the first athlete to have won at the Winter Dew Cup as well as Summer Cup.
- The gold medal he won at the Men’s Halfpipe event was the 100th gold medal won by the United States athletes at the Winter Olympics 2018.
- He was born with a congenital heart defect known as Tetralogy of Fallot. Before he reached the age of 1, he had to undergo two open heart surgeries.
- He holds the distinction of being the first competitor to participate and win a medal at both Winter X and Summer Games in two different sports.
- He is the first snowboarder in the history of the discipline to have completed back to back double corks at the Red Bull superpipe.
- He is the first skater to have successfully landed the frontside heelflip 540 body varial (The Armadillo).
- In the early phase of his skateboarding career, he was mentored by professional skateboarder Tony Hawk. Hawk had befriended White when he was nine years old and played a key role in getting him to participate in professional competitions by the age of 17.
- In September 2012, he was arrested in Nashville after police were called because of drunken antics outside a hotel. He was in the city to attend the wedding party of Patrick Carney, the drummer of The Black Keys.
- He was charged with vandalism and public intoxication by the authorities but was soon released.
- Visit his official website @ shaunwhite.com.