Ryan Gosling is a Canadian actor and musician. He began his career as a child star on the Disney Channel’s The Mickey Mouse Club and went on to appear in other family entertainment programs including Are You Afraid of the Dark? and Goosebumps. His first starring film role was as a Jewish neo Nazi in The Believer and he went on to star in several independent films, including Murder by Numbers, The Slaughter Rule and The United States of Leland.
Ryan Thomas Gosling
Actor, Musician, Director, Writer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Ryan Gosling was born on November 12, 1980 in London, Ontario, Canada.
He’s currently 38 years old.
His ancestry is French-Canadian, along with some English, Scottish and Irish.
He has moved a lot and so changed his schools. Ryan attended Gladstone Public School, Cornwall Collegiate and Vocational School in Cornwall, Ontario and Lester B. Pearson High School in Burlington, Ontario.
- Father – Thomas Ray Gosling (Travelling Salesman)
- Mother – Donna (Secretary)
- Siblings – Mandi (Older Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ryan Gosling has dated –
- Erin Foster – In 2012, performer and writer, Erin Foster revealed during the Fracture movie promotion event that she had dated Gosling in the past.
- Sandra Bullock (2002-2003) – Sandra, who is 17 years older than Ryan, met him on the set of the 2002 movie Murder by Numbers. They soon began dating but relationship came to an end in 2002 as it was a long distance one; with Sandra in Texas and Gosling in Downtown LA.
- Rachel McAdams (2005-2008) – They both met each other on the set of the 2004 movie “The Notebook” and soon started seeing each other. The duo was in a relationship from 2004 until 2007. They also reconciled for a couple of months in 2008. So, this was an ON-again OFF-again kind of relationship.
- Casey LaBow (2010) – After separating from Rachel in 2008, Notebook star Gosling was RUMORED to be dating Casey. They were seen in an Italian restaurant in California and Gosling had kept her arm around her throughout the dinner.
- Blake Lively (2010) – From October to December 2010, Gosling and Blake Lively were seen dating. She was seen at Disneyland with him and had also attended the New York premiere party of his film, Blue Valentine, in December 2010.
- Olivia Wilde (2011) – In early 2011, Ryan was seen with Olivia Wilde giving rise to the dating RUMORS.
- Eva Mendes (2011-Present) – Ryan Gosling began dating his The Place Beyond the Pines co-star Eva Mendes in September 2011. They both have two daughters, Esmeralda Amada Gosling (born September 12, 2014) and Amada Lee Gosling (born April 29, 2016).
- In feet – 6 feet
- In centimeters – 183 cm
- In meters – 1.83 m
- In Kilograms – 78 kg
- In Pounds – 172 lbs
- Chest – 44 in or 112 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86 cm
He wears a size 11 (US) shoe.
He is best known for his roles in films like Goosebumps (1996), The Notebook (2004), Half Nelson (2006), Lars and the Real Girl (2007), Crazy, Stupid, Love (2011), The Ides of March (2011), The Big Short (2015) and the musical La La Land (2016).
Ryan Gosling made his acting debut in 1997 in the film “Frankenstein and Me” as Kenny.
Ryan had his first starring role in the American variety television show, Mickey Mouse Club from 1993 to 1995 as himself.
There does not seem to be any brand, which has endorsed Ryan.
Ryan Gosling Favorites
- Favorite Movie – East of Eden (1955)
Ryan Gosling Net worth
Ryan has a net worth of $65 million dollars as of 2019. He lives in the popular Los Angeles neighborhood of Silver Lake.
Social Media Profiles
- Twitter – RyanGosling
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ryan Gosling
- His parents divorced at the age of 13 years old, and he and his older sister Mandi was raised by his mother.
- In 2004 Ryan was named one among People Magazine’s “50 Hottest Bachelors”.
- He was named the 2004 Sho West Male Star of Tomorrow.
- He was ranked #23 in Entertainment Weekly’s list of “30 Under 30” in 2008.
- Ryan has a dog named George.
- He is a co-owner of Tagine, a Moroccan restaurant in Beverly Hills, California.
- Gosling is a supporter of PETA, Invisible Children, and the Enough Project.
- He won four Teen Choice Awards in 2005 for his role in ‘The Notebook’, including Choice Movie Breakout Performance – Male.
- He practices ballet. He spent his childhood mostly with his mother and older sister, who had also learned ballet. As a result, Ryan developed a habit of the same and he also continues his childhood interest, now also.
- He is a part of the band, Dead Man’s Bones. The band consists of 2 members – Zach Shields and Ryan. It was formed in 2008.
- He and Rachel McAdams were born in the same hospital, St. Joseph’s Hospital in London, Ontario.